Start by marking “Why I Sneeze, Shiver, Hiccup, and Yawn” as Want to Read:
Why I Sneeze, Shiver, Hiccup, and Yawn

Why I Sneeze, Shiver, Hiccup, and Yawn

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  9 reviews
What makes you sneeze when you're in a dusty room? Or shiver when you get out of the bathtub? Or yawn when you're tired? Melvin Berger and Paul Meisel reveal the mysteries behind the reflexes that happen in our bodies in this humorously illustrated introduction to our nervous system. Includes experiments to try on family and friends in the "Find Out More" pages!
Published January 1st 2000 by HarperCollins Children's Books (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Why I Sneeze, Shiver, Hiccup, and Yawn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Why I Sneeze, Shiver, Hiccup, and Yawn

Hoang Shin
This is a great book to satisfy the kid (or adult!) that's curious about everything. The book has great illustrations and diagrams that explain why your body acts the way that it does. I found the book very interesting and learned a lot myself.
I would definitely use this book to teach about the science of the human body as well as health. Students can also use this book to learn new vocabulary related to human anatomy.
Gen
During middle childhood, children are full of curiosity, are willing to learn, and ask tons and tons of questions. Why I Sneeze, Shiver, Hiccup, & Yawn is a great book that answers life's most asked questions relating to reflexes the human body makes. When I was little, I've always wondered why I hiccuped, sneezed, and farted. This book will uncover the mystery behind sneezing, shivering, hiccuping, and yawning.The text is easy to read, and easy to understand. It offers very basic explanatio ...more
Charlie
You get an answer to the title but the book also kind of runs away from the title. HERE IS WHAT I MEAN: Let's look at the title, "Why I Sneeze, Shiver, Hiccup, and Yawn." You see that? Now when we read we find the answer to the question but as we read on they talk about you kicking your leg at the doctor when they tap your knee. Well, its correct BUT... shouldn't it mention that somewhere in the title? EXAMPLE: "Why I Sneeze, Shiver, Hiccup, Yawn, and React to Certain Things." THIS IS THE ONE I ...more
Brittany N
This book is great for a lesson on the human body. It discusses sneezing, shivering, hiccuping, and yawning. As a child, I always wondered why my body did these things so I think it's important to let children know.
Jessica
If you can't always answer the barrage of "why" questions from your child, this is a good book to read together to get some of the answers.
Rachel
Explains to students why we do certain things such as sneeze, hiccup, shiver, and yawn. Explains it in simple terms
Corinne
I think they did a good job making you understanding reflexes. Target audience young elementary.
Annette
really educational i can tell you that

!!!
Jenna
Lily
Lily marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Maria Lawson
Maria Lawson marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Sam Austin
Sam Austin marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Bloomersrose
Bloomersrose marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Nicki
Nicki marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Sonal
Sonal marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Anya
Anya marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Noah
Noah added it
Oct 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Germs Make Me Sick! (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science, Stage 2) (Reading Rainbow Book) Oil Spill! Switch On, Switch Off Spinning Spiders Reptiles (Scholastic True or False)