Start by marking “Daily Reflections: A Book of Reflections by AA Members for AA Members/B-12” as Want to Read:
Daily Reflections: A Book of Reflections by AA Members for AA Members/B-12

Daily Reflections: A Book of Reflections by AA Members for AA Members/B-12

4.45 of 5 stars 4.45  ·  rating details  ·  618 ratings  ·  19 reviews
This is a book of daily meditations, one for each day of the year, on subjects related to alcoholism, sobriety, and spirituality.
Published January 1st 1990 by Alcoholics Anonymous World Services

To ask other readers questions about Daily Reflections, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daily Reflections

Ray A.
I took the book off the shelf in 2009 and have been using it as part of daily meditations ever since. The idea is good: a quote from the basic AA texts followed by a reflection by an AA member, but the selections could be better. Still, it's worth using, if for no other reason than to be reminded everyday of the truths contained in the quote.
Shana
I love this book! I read it everyday. Everyday, every reflection I read I can relate it to what's going on with me in my life. It's a book of God shots for me. It's always something I either needed to read or wanted to read from this book of reflections. Not to mention it's a book that I can take with me for the rest of my life.
Melissa
May 12, 2008 Melissa rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Friends of Bill W. and Dr.Bob
A day to day reflection from the first 164 pages of the Big Book along guidelines of the twelve steps and the twelve traditions.
Jessica Pitingolo
Jul 20, 2014 Jessica Pitingolo is currently reading it
I suppose this will be one of the few exceptions that stays on my currently reading shelf. I use this book daily and often catch myself going to the meditation when my brain is on over drive. It allows me to force myself to focus a little better, and for that I'm grateful.
Carol Waters
So one New Year's Eve I was sulking at home and a girl called me, desperate, because she had just realized that her Daily Reflections was on the LAST PAGE and she hadn't bought a new one. What should she do? I felt like a genius (actually it's AS a genius) when I told her to , um, turn it over. Read this one a few times.
Holly
one little reflection a day, all year. really a handy tool.
April
Sep 21, 2008 April rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to April by: Barbie
I am always trying new morning meditation books. Of all the 12 step based ones I have read, this is really NOT my favorite. Its great, but I prefer something with a little more depth. This seemed very cookie cutter AA.
Jo-jo
A reading for each day of the year & each month corresponds to each step, for example january is all about step 1. A good book to keep my attention on growth & spirituality. A great way to start the day.
Brian
I may use it more than once a day. If inspiation is required, just flick it open and read the page. Great Read. I never finish it as it is used every day of the year and back to beginning again.
James
This is a very nice little book of daily meditations. It's written mainly for recovering alcoholics, but most of the content has much wider application for everyone's everyday life.
Andrew
This is a great book for me because each day's reading is short and concise. I can never say I don't have time to read it today. It is also a great source for discussion topics.
Unc
I only give it a 3 star but even though I still have a copy next to my bed in all honesty I seldom open it up anymore.
Shannon
Daily devotional/meditation readings for those in recovery from alcoholism.
Davis
Insight into the human condition in a very real way. A daily read.
Chris Gager
My latest 12-step daily reader and first from AA. I love 'em.
Kevin Matson
Great book to start everyday off with when in recovery.
Gregory
Daily meditations I can read and apply to my day.
Theresa
putting God back into your life..
Joel Mehall
Josef
Josef is currently reading it
Aug 24, 2015
Vicki
Vicki marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Suzanne Parenteau
Suzanne Parenteau marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
may 2 reading 1 3 May 02, 2011 06:11AM
  • Twenty Four Hours a Day
  • One Day at a Time in Al-Anon
  • My Name Is Bill: Bill Wilson--His Life and the Creation of Alcoholics Anonymous
  • Narcotics Anonymous
  • Not God: A History of Alcoholics Anonymous
  • A New Pair of Glasses
  • Legacy of the Heart: The Spiritual Advantage of a  Painful Childhood
  • Being with Dying: Cultivating Compassion and Fearlessness in the Presence of Death
  • A Gentle Path Through the Twelve Steps: The Classic Guide for All People in the Process of Recovery
  • Codependents' Guide to the Twelve Steps: New Stories
  • The Eliminationists: How Hate Talk Radicalized the American Right
  • Dread: How Fear and Fantasy have Fueled Epidemics from the Black Death to the Avian Flu
  • Courage in Patience: A Story of Hope for Those Who Have Endured Abuse
  • Overcoming Autism: Finding the Answers, Strategies, and Hope That Can Transform a Child's Life
  • Holy Sex!: A Catholic Guide to Toe-Curling, Mind-Blowing, Infallible Loving
  • Struggle for Intimacy
  • Adult Children of Alcoholics
  • Art Heals: How Creativity Cures the Soul
Alcoholics Anonymous - Big Book Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions As Bill Sees It: The A. A. Way of Life ...Selected Writings of the A. A.'s Co-Founder Came to Believe Alcoholics Anonymous Comes of Age: A Brief History of Alcoholic Anonymous

“I just have to ask whether acceptance—or change—is required.” 1 likes
“To make amends can be viewed two ways: first, that of repairing damage, for if I have damaged my neighbor’s fence, I “make a mend,” and that is a direct amend; the second way is by modifying my behavior, for if my actions have harmed someone, I make a daily effort to cause no further harm. I “mend my ways,” and that is an indirect amend. Which is the best approach? The only right approach, provided that I am causing no further harm in so doing, is to do both. If harm is done, then I simply “mend my ways.” To take action in this manner assures me of making honest amends.” 1 likes