Daily Reflections: A Book of Reflections by AA Members for AA Members/B-12

Daily Reflections: A Book of Reflections by AA Members for AA Members/B-12

4.39 of 5 stars 4.39  ·  rating details  ·  414 ratings  ·  19 reviews
This is a book of daily meditations, one for each day of the year, on subjects related to alcoholism, sobriety, and spirituality.
Published September 28th 1990 by Alcoholics Anonymous World Services (first published September 1990)

Ray A.
I took the book off the shelf in 2009 and have been using it as part of daily meditations ever since. The idea is good: a quote from the basic AA texts followed by a reflection by an AA member, but the selections could be better. Still, it's worth using, if for no other reason than to be reminded everyday of the truths contained in the quote.
Melissa
May 12, 2008 Melissa rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Friends of Bill W. and Dr.Bob
A day to day reflection from the first 164 pages of the Big Book along guidelines of the twelve steps and the twelve traditions.
Jessica Pitingolo
Jul 20, 2014 Jessica Pitingolo is currently reading it
I suppose this will be one of the few exceptions that stays on my currently reading shelf. I use this book daily and often catch myself going to the meditation when my brain is on over drive. It allows me to force myself to focus a little better, and for that I'm grateful.
Holly Simon
one little reflection a day, all year. really a handy tool.
Shana
I love this book! I read it everyday. Everyday, every reflection I read I can relate it to what's going on with me in my life. It's a book of God shots for me. It's always something I either needed to read or wanted to read from this book of reflections. Not to mention it's a book that I can take with me for the rest of my life.
Carol Waters
So one New Year's Eve I was sulking at home and a girl called me, desperate, because she had just realized that her Daily Reflections was on the LAST PAGE and she hadn't bought a new one. What should she do? I felt like a genius (actually it's AS a genius) when I told her to , um, turn it over. Read this one a few times.
April
Sep 21, 2008 April rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to April by: Barbie
I am always trying new morning meditation books. Of all the 12 step based ones I have read, this is really NOT my favorite. Its great, but I prefer something with a little more depth. This seemed very cookie cutter AA.
Jo-jo
A reading for each day of the year & each month corresponds to each step, for example january is all about step 1. A good book to keep my attention on growth & spirituality. A great way to start the day.
Brian
I may use it more than once a day. If inspiation is required, just flick it open and read the page. Great Read. I never finish it as it is used every day of the year and back to beginning again.
James
This is a very nice little book of daily meditations. It's written mainly for recovering alcoholics, but most of the content has much wider application for everyone's everyday life.
Andrew
This is a great book for me because each day's reading is short and concise. I can never say I don't have time to read it today. It is also a great source for discussion topics.
Unc
I only give it a 3 star but even though I still have a copy next to my bed in all honesty I seldom open it up anymore.
Shannon
Daily devotional/meditation readings for those in recovery from alcoholism.
Davis
Insight into the human condition in a very real way. A daily read.
Chris Gager
My latest 12-step daily reader and first from AA. I love 'em.
Kevin Matson
Great book to start everyday off with when in recovery.
Gregory
Daily meditations I can read and apply to my day.
Theresa
putting God back into your life..
Joel Mehall
Karl Joseph
Karl Joseph is currently reading it
Jul 14, 2014
Stephen Savioli
Stephen Savioli marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
may 2 reading 1 2 May 02, 2011 06:11AM
  • One Day at a Time in Al-Anon
  • Narcotics Anonymous
  • My Name Is Bill: Bill Wilson--His Life and the Creation of Alcoholics Anonymous
  • Being with Dying: Cultivating Compassion and Fearlessness in the Presence of Death
  • Adult Children of Alcoholics
  • Codependents' Guide to the Twelve Steps: New Stories
  • It Will Never Happen to Me!
  • The Five Things We Cannot Change: And the Happiness We Find by Embracing Them
  • Social Darwinism in American Thought
  • Final Gifts: Understanding the Special Awareness, Needs, and Communications of the Dying
  • Writing to Change the World
  • The Art Therapy Sourcebook
  • Evil in Modern Thought: An Alternative History of Philosophy
  • My Grandfather's Blessings : Stories of Strength, Refuge, and Belonging
  • The Sermon on the Mount: The Key to Success in Life
  • Exuberance: The Passion for Life
  • Facing Love Addiction: Giving Yourself the Power to Change the Way You Love
  • Blood Rites: Origins and History of the Passions of War
Alcoholics Anonymous - Big Book Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions As Bill Sees It: The A. A. Way of Life ...Selected Writings of the A. A.'s Co-Founder Came to Believe Alcoholics Anonymous Comes of Age: A Brief History of Alcoholic Anonymous

“I just have to ask whether acceptance—or change—is required.” 0 likes