Start by marking “Tracks of a Fellow Struggler” as Want to Read:
Tracks of a Fellow Struggler

Tracks of a Fellow Struggler

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  8 reviews
John Claypool had been a pastor for almost two decades, ministering to others who suffered through the loss of loved ones, when the loss came home with the death of his eight-year-old daughter. This book is the story of Claypool's own journey through the darkness, written through four sermons. The first was delivered just eleven days after his daughter's diagnosis of leuke ...more
Published April 1st 2003 by Morehouse Publishing (first published May 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Tracks of a Fellow Struggler, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tracks of a Fellow Struggler

Chris Thom
After my first child was born with multiple birth defects, a priest recommended that I read this book to help me deal with my grief. It is a collection of sermons written by John Claypool during the time his daughter’s painful illness and drawn out death. While I related intimately with Claypool, as his suffering was so similar to my own, I found that his sermons did me more harm than good. Reading them actually made me sick to my stomach and I waited patiently as I continued to read to find som ...more
George Vaughn
"to be angry because a gift has been taken away is to miss the whole point of life. gratitude and humility rather than resentment should characterized our handling of the objects of life."
Well said. Very good book on grief.
Matt
A collection of four of Claypool's sermons as he journeyed through the shock and grief of his young daughter's illness and death. It can be helpful for one journeying through sadness and loss, especially the third sermon which seems to offer the fullest perspective of his journey.
Milton
Re-read this old classic on grief for a Christmas Memorial Service. Great for anyone struggling with grief and loss. Worth buying a few copies to give away to mourners.
Natalie Long
Honest, grounded portrayal of spiritual searching (from Christian perspective) through profoud grief - the loss of a child.
Lucy Thrasher
The most helpful guide through the grief following the death of my daughter. Honest, practical and beautiful.
Bethany Bear
One of the texts in my Literary Responses to Evil class with Dr. Greg Garrett.
Lloyd
Best book I've read on handling loss. Very short, very powerful.
Janie
Janie marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Roger Martin
Roger Martin marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Adam
Adam marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Nancy Faillace
Nancy Faillace marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Melinda Villasenor
Melinda Villasenor marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Rhonda Dorn
Rhonda Dorn marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Anafalz
Anafalz marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Esther Varney
Esther Varney marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Hopeful Heart God the Ingenious Alchemist: Transforming Tragedy Into Blessing The First to Follow: The Apostles of Jesus The Saga of Life: Living Gracefully Through All of the Stages The Preaching Event (Lyman Beecher Lectures) (Lyman Beecher Lectures)