Start by marking “Murphy's Romance” as Want to Read:
Murphy's Romance

Max Schott

Murphy's Romance

3.0 of 5 stars 3.00  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Published by Borgo Press (first published January 1st 1980)

To ask other readers questions about Murphy's Romance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murphy's Romance

Mike (the Paladin)
I ended up mostly skimming through this book, mostly because (in spite of being a tough macho male) I liked the 1985 movie. Oddly I think the writers of the movie must have picked up a totally different book and only thought they were adapting Murphy's Romance to film. The two bear no resemblance to each other... and the movie's better.

***SPOILER WARNING-SPOILER BELOW ***

(view spoiler)
Maryann
I couldn't finish it. I LOVED the movie and the book is nothing like it. Very disappointing. One of the few times I can say that the movie was way better than the book.
Anita Williamson
I really enjoyed the movie and thought I might try the book. I was prepared for the book to not exactly be like the movie but it wasn't even interesting in its own right. It was essentially about 128 pages of dinner conversation and not even very interesting conversation. The book jacket which is supposed to tantilize your interest in the book struggles to describe what it is about. I also wouldn't call the book Murphy's romance Murphy talking about Ben and Toni getting together.
Brittany
Schott's work is completely different from the writing I usually enjoy but I feel like reading it has helped me become both a better reader and writer. A strange story of subtle, unnerving obsession with moments of incredible insight.
Linda
A cowboy falls in love, she turns him down, he marries her aunt to be near her.
Suz
Suz marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Adam Sperry
Adam Sperry marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Zachary Chattler
Zachary Chattler marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Sierra Bennett
Sierra Bennett marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Brian Pollick
Brian Pollick marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2013
KH
KH added it
Feb 25, 2015
Stephen Weingarten
Stephen Weingarten marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2013
Robin Thomas
Robin Thomas marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2013
Dominique
Dominique marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2012
Rory
Rory marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2012
Sara
Sara added it
Apr 29, 2012
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2012
UP WHERE I USED TO LIVE: Stories Keeping Warm: Selected Essays and Stories Ben Keeping Warm: Selected Essays and Stories Die besten Dividenden-Aktien simplified: Mit der Cashflow-Investing-Methode substanzstarke Aktien auswählen und nachhaltig attraktive Dividenden sichern