Start by marking “Dead and Loving It (Wyndham Werewolf, #5; Undead, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
Dead and Loving It (Wyndham Werewolf, #5; Undead, #4.5)

Dead and Loving It (Wyndham Werewolf #5)

3.88  ·  Rating Details ·  7,326 Ratings  ·  233 Reviews
-Santa Claws (originally published in Naughty or Nice anthology)
-Monster Love
-There's No Such Thing as Werewolves (originally published in Lighthearted Lust: Three Not So Serious Tales anthology)
-A Fiend in Need

The queen of comic, erotic, other-species romance brings her best setups and hottest sex scenes to this four-novella party. Three of them feature the bad Wyndha
Published April 4th 2006 by Berkley (first published April 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Dead and Loving It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead and Loving It

Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene FrostFirst Grave on the Right by Darynda JonesOne Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene FrostUndead and Unwed by MaryJanice DavidsonDestined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost
Best Funny Paranormal Romances
122nd out of 617 books — 1,385 voters
Undead and Unwed by MaryJanice DavidsonDead Until Dark by Charlaine HarrisDead to the World by Charlaine HarrisNobody Loves a Bigfoot Like a Bigfoot Babe by Simon OkillFirst Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones
Humorous Paranormal Books
172nd out of 1,184 books — 1,822 voters

More lists with this book...

My review is only for A Fiend in Need.
We shall find no fiend in hell can match the fury of a disappointed woman.

A Fiend in Need is a short story of George, the Fiend, and Antonia, a werewolf. Antonia has a very handy ability: she can see into the future. Her premonitions lead her to Betsy’s (sorry… Jessica’s) house, where she meets George, whose real name is Garrett, and they instantly fall in love with each other. So Antonia stays and moves in the mansion.

Very short, very quick, very rough
Aug 26, 2009 Megan rated it did not like it
So many reasons not to like this book :( The main reason is that it is simply poorly written ~ there is no distinction from one character to the next, all of the "voices" sound alike.

Furthmore, the stories are all crappily similar. They all have the same theme of a main character forcing themselves (romantically in the first 3, friendship in the last) on another person. In each story the person being forced upon has no personality besides smartass. Not just your ordinary smartass, but incredibl
This author is just not to my tastes, I guess. Too rude, lewd, crude, and with very weak plots. I don't care for the constant (and creative) cursing, and the 'romance' is anything but. I'll be passing on anything else by this author.

ETA: Oh, and a word of warning to those that hate such; the story "Monster Love" is a trite sample of the "kidnapped and raped repeatedly, she can't help but fall in love with him..." school of 'romance'. I'd avoid it, personally.
Jan 01, 2009 C rated it did not like it
While some of the collection was quite enjoyable, I'm giving this 1 star for the appalling rape fantasies embedded in the sex scenes. The fact that this was written by a female author makes it all the more horrifying.
Elizabeth Nesbit-comer
1. I pretty sure a doctor can not practice and be blind.

2. If he did suddenly regain his sight he would not be able to identify colors.

3. I can't believe that a werewolf would fall in love with someone just because they smelled like peaches.

4. All the girls in this book talkl like fifeteen year old girls. Yes Duck fuck is actually said.

5. rape is not cool even if a vampire does it.

6. I have no clue how it feels to be trapped in an exercise machine and no one says yeek.

7. why does everyone
Sara ♥
Mar 26, 2009 Sara ♥ rated it really liked it
I had to read MaryJanice Davidson's story in this anthology, because I started Book 5, and was like, "Uhhh... who is Garrett, and why are there now two Antonias? Isn't it confusing enough to have two Jons?" So "A Fiend in Need" was a cute little 80 or 90 pages story about George (whose real name is Garrett) and a werewolf chick (Antonia) who can't actually change into a werewolf. It was pretty cute. I liked that it was a nice quick (very quick) read. I read the entire thing at the gym on one day ...more
Mar 11, 2010 Shay rated it it was ok
That was BAD.
Erin Baker
Jun 30, 2015 Erin Baker rated it did not like it
Oh my. This had the promise of being a good book. A little romance. A little fantasy. A little sexy. Ugh. It was painful to read. I'm fairly certain a 15-yr-old wrote this. But if that's the case, she's reading too many adult sex scenes. And wtf.... he felt her uterus contract around his shaft!? What? Get this woman a biology text book. I had to read parts of it to my husband, it was so ridiculous. How is this person a NY Times best seller? Just very bad writing. I gave it a star because it's a ...more
Nov 15, 2014 Alicia rated it did not like it
One star only for the Betsy story. I was wondering where the other Antonia came from. The rest were terrible. I can't believe it's the same author and that they're part of a series. The vulgarity was appalling. As was the kidnapping/rape story. The Undead series has some swearing but nothing on the level of the Wyndham one. My eyes hurt.
Sabrina Chan
Dec 03, 2015 Sabrina Chan rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
not as annoying as other Betsy Taylor books
Oct 16, 2016 Margaret rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

In this collection of four novellas, worlds collide when MaryJanice Davidson?s beloved Wyndham werewolves cross paths with vampires ruled by Undead Queen Betsy Taylor.

From Booklist

Davidson's fans will delight in this set of four fast-paced, lusty novellas featuring her Wyndham werewolves and vampires under the rule of Betsy Taylor, Queen of the Undead. "Santa Claws" is a tale of Europe's most powerful werewolf falling in love with a plump, bell-ringing Santa on a Boston street corner. "Monst

Sep 27, 2015 Loretta rated it liked it
This is a book containing four short stories which link to MaryJanice Davidson's Undead vampire series and Wyndham werewolf series. Overall I have given this book a 3.5 stars as I liked parts of these stories, I loved how they linked to the undead and wyndham storylines and we got some more backstory but I found other parts rather unbelieveable.

Santa Claws (4/5 stars)
This was a story cute story about a werewolf who finds true love in a woman dressed in a Santa suit. This was a stand alone stor
Mar 23, 2016 Big rated it did not like it
Shelves: wolves
Save your money, borrow the book if you can. I read Dead and Loving It and couldn't find anything to love about it. The book seemed to be quickly stitched together like a popular sewing pattern. The stories were predictable, shallow and the characters left a lot to be desired. The typical boy wants girl, boy gets girl seems to be the recurring theme with a foul mouthed she-wolf and rape thrown in for good measure. The stories literally read the same way. She uses the same lines from story to sto ...more
Sarah Crawford
Jan 29, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it
The first story is Santa Claus.

Alec Kilcurt is the most powerful werewolf in Europe. There are some 300,000 werewolves in the pack. He's in Boston, and gets attracted to a particular human woman.

He ends up taking her back to his room and they have a whole lot of (very graphic) sex. What is really cool is what the ending of the story turns out to be. This is an ultra-sexy, very neat story.

The second story is Monster Love.

Richard Will is a vampire and likes it. Janet Lupo is a werewolf. She is ve
Dec 17, 2008 Cathy added it
I found it at the airport and needed something to read.
Always wondered about her books, but I won't be reading anymore! :)
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
I'm working my way back through the Betsy books, and I almost forgot this one - mostly because I remember it more as a werewolf book than really part of the Betsy series. But if I had skipped this, I would have missed Antonia meeting Garrett - and I enjoy them. This book has four stories, all featuring weres, as well as some vampires thrown in for variety. Three of the stories I liked a lot, the other one made me feel a little awkward (stockholm syndrome much?).

Of course, this just makes me wan
Barbara Elsborg
Apr 08, 2013 Barbara Elsborg rated it really liked it
So funny - I love the snark, the set up, everything. I wish I'd written it!
May 11, 2009 Mikayla rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. MaryJanice Davidson is hilarious!
This book is book 5 in the Wyndham Werewolf series and book 4.5 in the Undead series. In this book, there are 4 different stories so I will try to separate them for you.

1. Santa Claws
Alec is a werewolf and he meets Giselle, who is a regular human. Alec is intrigued by Giselle right away, which makes Giselle a bit wary of him. There are quite a few funny moments in this book. Despite the shortness of it, it is a good story.

2. Monster Love
Richard (a vampire) meets Janet (a werewolf) and they sch
May 19, 2015 Theresa rated it it was ok
First off, the title. Of the 8 main characters (4 couples: 4 stories= 8) only 2 are dead, so the title is incorrect. Three of the stories are from the ‘Wyndham’ series (with a partial connection in the 3rd). The 4th is the ‘Undead’ series. All four are sequential and have connecting characters. And it got 2 stars only because I liked the 4th book so much.

1)‘Santa Claws’ Wyndham Werewolf #5. 2 stars. Except for the last few chapters getting way overboard, eye-popping sexy, I enjoyed the story. G
Mar 09, 2012 Emily rated it really liked it
"A Fiend in Need"
The Wyndham Werewolves and Queen Betsy series meet in this story. Antonia is a werewolf who doesn't change into a wolf, but as a consolation prize, she gets to have headaches and see the future. We first met her when she sent Derik to save the world in Derik's Bane. Antonia travels to Minneapolis because a vision told her she'd get something she wants if she went and helped out Betsy. There, she joins up with Betsy, Sinclair, Jessica, etc. And, oddly, falls in love with the fien
Megan Mcclelland
Mar 22, 2008 Megan Mcclelland rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: probably nobody
Judy (Geeky Reading)
Dec 21, 2012 Judy (Geeky Reading) rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
[Also available on my blog.]

I don’t really have a lot to say about this, so this is probably going to be a small review, but I did want to talk about this book.

Dead and Loving It is a collection of four short stories by MaryJanice Davidson, some from the Wyndham Werewolves series, and one of them from the Undead series. Now, I read the first three stories a while ago, and enjoyed all of them and read them rather quickly. My favorite was probably Santa Claws, a story in which a werewolf f
Jun 10, 2010 Janine rated it it was ok
I read this primarily for "A Fiend in Need," as it impacts the Undead series (occurring after the events in Undead and Unreturnable), then decided to read the remaining stories as they were relatively short, and the first one looked kind of cute. But perhaps I should have waited to read the stories related to the Wyndham Werewolves—maybe they would have been more enjoyable in the context of that series. Oh well . . . too late now.

Santa Claws: The opening scene of this short story was hilarious,
Jun 06, 2011 MJ rated it liked it
Four short stories all about the Wyndham Werewolves and their quest to find their mate. In these books the werewolves are meeting some unorthodox mates and are trying to keep it a secret from their pack.

In Santa Claws Alec Kilcurt, a Scottish Laird and Werewolf, meets his mate Giselle Smith, a human, on the street. But Alec is unsure how to woe Giselle or tell her he is a werewolf.

In Monster Love Janet Lupo a werewolf, meets Richard Will, a vampire, one day while trying to save his life. Neithe
Anna's Herding Cats
Yeah this one was pretty bad. Likely wouldn't have finished reading it if I didn't have to for a group challenge.

My big problem was story two. Monster Love. It really just amounted to a kidnap/rape victim falling in love with her abuser. It was just creepy and you wonder who thought it was a good idea to pass along to the reader.

Santa Claus and A Fiend in Need were what saved this from an even lower rating. Santa Claus was fairly cute for a short story. The characters likable and some funny li
May 28, 2013 Heather rated it liked it
3.5 stars. As with MaryJanice Davidson's "Undead" series, this was a quick read, which is partly why I selected it for a vacation read. "Dead and Loving It" is a collection of four short stories; I read three of the four on a flight from Portland to Dallas.

In the first story, "Santa Claus," Alec (who is passing through town) meets Giselle while she is a bell ringer in a Santa suit. He convinces her to have lunch when her shift is over. She ends up with food poisoning so he takes her to a hotel t
Angie (Mind Malfunction)
May 12, 2012 Angie (Mind Malfunction) rated it really liked it
If you like MJD’s books and humor I’m sure you’ll get into this anthology. The stories flow into each other quite nicely and they’re all good reads if you’re looking for something quick and fun to read.

The first story in this anthology is Santa Claws and it centers on Alec who is the pack alpha of Europe or something. Anyway, Alec is walking down a busy street when all of a sudden he gets a whiff of peaches and must find out from where that smell is coming. What he finds is a woman dressed in a
Dec 08, 2012 Elle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So I needed a quick mental cleanse after I banged out a whole novel in a month so I selected “Dead and Loving It” by Mary Janice Davidson. I actually bought this book a while ago and it’s been collecting dust for a while.

The book is four separate stories about unusual couples getting together a la romance novel style. The first three, although separate, are barely related because the character from each either know each other or know of each other. The fourth is from Mary Janice’s Betsy the Vamp
Goodreads Librari...: Book needs to be added to series list 2 31 Jul 30, 2013 06:34AM
  • Bit the Jackpot (Vegas Vampires, #2)
  • Don't Talk Back To Your Vampire (Broken Heart #2)
  • Bewitched, Bothered & Bevampyred 2: Fangs Again
  • Fangs But No Fangs (Young Brothers, #2)
  • Dead and Dateless (Dead End Dating, #2)
  • Real Vampires Live Large (Glory St. Clair, #2)
  • Cravings (Undead #1.5; Moon #3.5)
  • Even Vampires Get the Blues (Dark Ones #4)
  • Over The Moon (Mageverse #3.5)
MaryJanice Davidson is an American author who writes mostly paranormal romance, but also young adult and non-fiction. She is the creator of the popular Undead series. She is both a New York Times and USA Today bestseller. She won a 2004 Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award and was nominated for the same award in 2005.

MaryJanice's Facebook page:
More about MaryJanice Davidson...

Wyndham Werewolf (10 books)
  • Secrets: Volume 6 (Secrets Volume, #6; Wyndham Werewolf, #1)
  • Secrets: Volume 8 (Secrets Volume, #8; Wyndham Werewolf, #2)
  • Lighthearted Lust: Three Not So Serious Tales (Wyndham Werewolf, #2.5)
  • Derik's Bane (Wyndham Werewolf, #3)
  • Naughty Or Nice (Wyndham Werewolf, #4)
  • Dead Over Heels (Wyndham Werewolf, #6, Undead, #6.5)
  • Wolf at the Door (Wyndham Werewolf, #7)
  • Driftwood
  • Undead and Underwater (Undead, #11.5)