Start by marking “Hormones, Health, and Happiness: A Natural Medical Formula for Rediscovering Youth” as Want to Read:

Dr Steven Hotze is leading a wellness revolution that advances a new model of healthcare. Unlike the prevailing medical approach of treating individual symptoms with the familiar 'anti' drugs - such as antibiotics, antihistamines, and antidepressants - Dr Hotze addresses the underlying causes of poor health. Built around a regimen of biologically identical hormones and oth ...more
Published April 1st 2005 by Forrest Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Hormones, Health, and Happiness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hormones, Health, and Happiness

Laura Bennet
Jun 11, 2014 Laura Bennet rated it it was amazing
Finally a doctor who cares and is willing to go against the norm in order to give real help to patients rather than prescribe more drugs with side effects requiring drugs, etc. His methods make sense. After being ill for the past year and a half with unexplained symptoms including chronic fatigue, rashes, headaches and dizziness only to be told by numerous doctors that my lab results are within normal range and nothing can be done except to give me prescriptions for antibiotics, antidepressants ...more
Katelyn
Dec 29, 2012 Katelyn rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books
When my sister-in-law handed me this book, she kept repeating, "It makes sense." And I am quite inclined to agree with her.

I've been pretty skeptical of alternative medicine, allergists, vitamin supplements, and the like, but because I have a lot of connections to Hotze's clinic within my own family, I was willing to give his book an open-minded shot. Final verdict: this guy knows what he's doing. His principles seem sound.

The book itself is sweet and honest and not entirely full of propaganda
Jason Fella
Aug 18, 2013 Jason Fella rated it it was amazing
I was happy to read a book written by an M.D. who actually listens to his patients and not so much to blood-tests. He recognizes that patient's symptoms and history should be the deciding factor, with blood-tests being secondary (although hopefully confirming his diagnosis). He doesn't go into extreme detail on each individual hormone, as much as you would get in a book dedicated to that (naturally), but he provides a lot of good info on physiology and treatments. Case histories are also used as ...more
Ansley
Jun 19, 2008 Ansley rated it it was amazing
This book helped me so much with many things I was dealing with but did not have any support for. It was a relief to find the words and definitions for my symptoms. I am currently working through the one month candida free diet and the recipes in this book are very good. I recommend this to all women who are feeling tired and old!!
Kiri Dawn
Jan 19, 2014 Kiri Dawn rated it liked it
I really appreciated Dr. Hotze's wellness perspective, but I still found him not quite "natural" enough for my taste. :)
Re
Jul 22, 2011 Re rated it it was amazing
Excellent read, with an abundance of Information about women's health, and the health of the entire family. A holistic approach to curing, not just treating many ailments including hormones through natural remedies. This book has lead me to greater Health. Huge applause to Dr. Hotze.
Anne
Jan 18, 2013 Anne rated it it was amazing
Getting ready to buy a plane ticket! I think Dr Hotze has figured out how to treat the seriously complicated chemical/hormonal issues that plague many women. I felt like his case studies were about me and the fact that he helped the women in them gave me.much hope. I am definitely sold.
Jenava
Mar 07, 2008 Jenava rated it really liked it
Shelves: health, womens
This book was very informative and did wonders for me! I am a big believer in 'natural' medicine and balancing our body systems for optimal health. This book is essential for any woman who has had babies, and just not been the same ever since:)
Katie
Mar 28, 2009 Katie rated it liked it
An interesting read. I had really never heard some of the links drawn in this book before, such as the correlation of allergies to hormonal imbalances, or the overabundance of estrogen creating a simulated hypothyroidism.
Melissa Shreve
Sep 14, 2008 Melissa Shreve rated it really liked it
When you get to be my age...certain things start going downhill. I found this book very informative.
Lots of input!!!!
Lots of facts about the body and what makes it tick.
Rose Stevens
Aug 28, 2008 Rose Stevens rated it it was amazing
Great read. Has food receipts. If you want to eat healthy, this is the book!
Jenni Simmons
Feb 04, 2009 Jenni Simmons rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jenni by: Amy Birsinger
Shelves: health
I cannot recommend this book highly enough - to everyone.
보미
Aug 31, 2016 보미 rated it really liked it
"All wealth is founded on health."
sislasus
Jun 11, 2014 sislasus rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A book for every woman to read.
Jobber
Jobber added it
Sep 16, 2016
Majera
Majera marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016
Miriam Rieck
Miriam Rieck rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2016
Marsha Johnson
Marsha Johnson marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
Eugenia
Eugenia marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Jan
Jan is currently reading it
Jul 16, 2016
Colleen Henes Ross
Colleen Henes Ross marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie is currently reading it
Jul 10, 2016
Vicki Hribar Briggs
Vicki Hribar Briggs is currently reading it
Jun 26, 2016
Maryanne Maniaci
Maryanne Maniaci rated it liked it
May 27, 2016
Darien
Darien rated it really liked it
May 16, 2016
Wynder Castaneda
Wynder Castaneda marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Kathy
Kathy is currently reading it
Apr 22, 2016
Ann Volkov
Ann Volkov rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2016
Sunitha
Sunitha marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016