Start by marking “What's the Magic Word?” as Want to Read:
What's the Magic Word?

What's the Magic Word?

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  11 reviews
No matter where Little Bird goes, everyone wants to know the magic word. Is it "Peep-peep?" "Moo-moo?" "Oink-oink?"

How will Little Bird ever find out? Not until Little Bird returns home does he hear the magic word from his very own Mama Bird

Kelly DiPucchio's rhythmic and noise-filled text combines with Marsha Winborn's colorful illustrations for a delightful swirl of a boo
Published December 28th 2004 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about What's the Magic Word?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What's the Magic Word?

Mar 18, 2015 June rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: farm, rhyming, sping, wind and polite requests
Recommended to June by: Lizzie
A little bird is blown out of the nest and learns what each farm animal thinks is the magic word, but is blown on before s/he can use it to enter their homes. Mom teaches her/him the real magic word when he is blown back home. Looking forward to using this for my wind story time next month. 2/24/14

With snow days, I didn't get a chance to have a wind story time, but when I looked at this I realized it was just as appropriate for a spring story time. Unfortunately, it was grabbed after the program
Angie  Moore
Super cute read about manners
I loved this cute little story! It encourages etiquette — my favorite part — while also building vocabulary. There’s rhyming and repetition, which makes it fun to read aloud. And there’s a sweet ending, showing that mother/child bond that makes my insides all gooey.
Not the most weather related book, but it is cute, and about a wind that blows a baby chick from place to place where he tries to find a mama to let him in.
Children follow baby bird until he returns to his mother and learns the magic word is please. Rhyming, repetitive language, onomatopoeia.
very cute story, lovely repetitions and great for kids who love their stories to rhyme or have lots of animal sounds in it.
Lissie Moore
This book would be great for teaching first and second graders rhyming. Good read aloud or silent read. Cute book.
This is a good little book - can be used as a rhyming guessing game as well as a reinforcement of saying please.
Fun story with lots of animals. In my bag for my wind themed storytime.
CUTE book! Joshua loves it. I'm going to buy it!
3 stars for me, 4 stars for C.
Anne Witte-Russo
Anne Witte-Russo marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2015
Pamela Stegink
Pamela Stegink marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
T added it
Aug 07, 2015
Kim added it
Feb 25, 2015
Ariana marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Kelly is the award-winning author of several children’s books, thousands of To-Do lists, and a few recipe cards. Two of her books, Grace For President and The Sandwich Swap, were New York Times bestsellers.

Like most kids who grew up in the 1970’s, Kelly had a pet goat and bought all her clothes from the Sears catalog. Like most teenagers who grew up in the 1980’s, Kelly had really big glasses and
More about Kelly DiPucchio...