Start by marking “The Reluctant Reformer” as Want to Read:
The Reluctant Reformer

The Reluctant Reformer

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  918 ratings  ·  36 reviews
Lady X
Everyone knew Lady X . . . or, at least, everyone knew of her. The masked courtesan was reputedly a noblewoman fallen on hard times. What Lord James had not known was that she was Lady Margaret Wentworth—the feisty sister of his best friend. Gerald claimed his sibling was beautiful, virtuous, naive; and he had forced James into an oath of protection. But when James t
Mass Market Paperback, 371 pages
Published February 3rd 2002 by Leisure

To ask other readers questions about The Reluctant Reformer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Reluctant Reformer

Dreaming of You by Lisa KleypasRomancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia QuinnSuddenly You by Lisa KleypasAnd Then He Kissed Her by Laura Lee GuhrkeTen Things I Love About You by Julia Quinn
Hero/Heroine is a writer (Historical Romance)
11th out of 113 books — 38 voters
Unearthly by Cynthia HandDie for Me by Amy PlumThe Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady CrossRumors by Anna GodbersenEverneath by Brodi Ashton
Red Dress, Red Coat
203rd out of 418 books — 528 voters

More lists with this book...

Natasha
I was in the mood for a Historical Romance, and enjoyed many of Lynsay Sands novels so I figured I was safe. I was right! Sure there were times where I thought the Heroine got into trouble just for fun, and it seemed a bit unrealistic that she could so many times, but then I thought, this was a different time, and it was different for woman, so sure, it could happen! lol

As characters go, I really enjoyed Maggie. Her personility was sweet yet strong. She was strong willed and kind. A true lady. I
Britta
Maggie is just doing her job. She's a journalist. Well ... she has been ever since her brother died and left her the pen name of G.W. Clark.

Maggie's latest article is a piece on the working girls of one of London's houses of ill repute. Maggie is interviewing one girl when a client of that girl comes in. It's Maggie's beau and the local pastor. In an attempt to get Maggie out of the room (and the wardrobe she's hidden in), the girl changes dresses with Maggie and gives her a mask. Maggie sets o
Sarah Greenwood
I love a good Historical Romance and know that Lynsay Sands can always deliver a good one. I love her paranomal books the most but the historial ones are just as fun to read. Goes down as another book from my 2015 reading challenge - A book by a female author.

The book had quite a few funny bits and misunderstandings that had me laughing throughout. A great story to get your teeth stuck into while curled up on the sofa.

Got some great one liners in it, that as a book lover myself made me smile a
Netha
cerita yg bikin aq gemes2 gimanaaa gitu bacanya...gemes2 ngelus dada
secara ke 2 tokohnya sukanya ngomong pake bahasa isyarat menurut pendapat mereka masing2 yg akhirnya hanya menjadi kesalah pahaman yg panjang karna ditanggap menurut pendapat mereka sendiri2.
makanya kalo ngomong tuhh yg jelas.....sukanya kok ngomong puter2.
Sarah Greenwood

#TheReluctantReformer had quite a few funny bits and misunderstandings that had me laughing throughout. A great story to get your teeth stuck into while curled up on the sofa.

Got some great one liners in it, that as a book lover myself ma
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
This was an old book I picked up at a flea market. I read all of lynsay sands books, she's funny and can always come up with a plot that has you saying "how can she be so stupid" or they get in one mess right out of another trying to cover up for something. Some can be pretty funny.

I think this was one of her very early books before she got so funny or had much plot. This one was a little boring & I had to keep puting it down. Neither character got me.

A girl took over being her brothers gho
Noura Ariz
I've not read Lynsay Sand's books for quite sometime. I've forgotten how entertaining and funny her stories usually are. I must say that this book was great. It has its LOL moments. So yes, the character can be quite silly and ridiculous but i think that's what romantic comedy is all about. I find that the story works well if one doesn't get too tied up with stories having to be logical or the characters having to be smart and sensible.

The heroine, Maggie is not exactly a typical naive and inno
Dreamer
A mistake that led to love.

Lord Gerald Wentworth had been Lord James's best friend before dying saving his life. James had promised to protect Gerald's beautiful and virtuous sister, Margaret, but when he found her in a house of ill repute, he was sure she was Lady X, London's most enigmatic wanton. He had to find a way to reform her and save her from scandal, and, at the same time, keep his hands off her luscious curves and himself from falling in love with the temptress.
Alex
Both characters were mostly clueless throughout the book. Heroine annoyed me. It was an okay book.

Alex's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
LJ
The Reluctant Reformer - G
Lynsay Sands
Since her brother Gerald died and left her property without the proper funds to maintain, Lady Margaret must find a way to support herself and old family retainers that she cannot let go of. She assumes her brothers pen name and begins to write articles for a local newspaper. Now everyone knows that a certain amount of research must go int these articles, so donning a plethora of disguises, Lady Margaret has gone into a number of places no 'Lady' should be s
Nisha
This is really a cute, slightly raunchy historical romance that is removed from normal respectable society. There is essentially no dealing with the ton and while the H/H are caught in compromising situations, there is no real push to marry because of society. Basically, its very modern in the characters and their actions.

I did happen to like the end since it was so scandalously funny. This is worth a read - the quick, cute, funny kind. The Hero gets infuriating when he is adamantly mistaking he
Carolyn
3.5 Very funny!
Diana
Annie
i love a good romance novel. and my favorite story is when someone is mistaken for someone else. you know the ones. A respectable lady somehow finds herself on the sex slave trading block, only to wind up purchased by a lord or something who ravishes her to within an inch of her life before he realizes his mistake, and then has to do the honorable thing. this story wasn't quite as good as that, but sands has a way of telling a mediocre story in a very appealing way.
Autumn Mcquarrie
I wanted to give this book a five cause normally Lynsay Sands does such an amazing job that is what I give her books. This book however disappointed in some areas. It was really good. I am glad I read it, but sometimes I thought she didn't put feeling into it. This one just didn't tug at my heart as much as all the other books I have read by her.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
I love books that I can't put down! James is a stranger to passion, but Maggie introduces him. They complete each other when they finally look past their initial meeting and impressions. Mystery, kidnappings, attempted murders, misunderstandings, and can't-keep-their-hands-off-each-other-passion. Not what I expected. Great read!!
Lil' Grogan
Cute, funny romance. Loved that they never seemed to be able to get to a bed to get it on. The two seemed reasonable despite misunderstandings at first. Liked that Maggie was off writing articles about the seedier side of London. Liked the strong, sensible female characters in this. Not much to James' character though.
Michele Lacroix
I enjoyed this book, but not enough to give it a four star rating. In my honest opinion at times Maggie was to stupid to live. The woman was contently getting into trouble. At first it was enduring, but as I got closer to the end it got annoying.
Melissa
I found this book to be below average for the genre. It had some funny parts that I enjoyed and the characters were likable. Most of the time I just found myself thinking, 'Enough is enough, already.' I also found the ending lacking.
Marie
Nov 08, 2010 Marie added it
I picked up this random book one night and just couldn't put it down! I hadn't read in YEARS either! Since then i have been reading A LOT!!!! Think i'm really liking the romance genre! Especially the hot steamy scenes!
Gay Landberg
Love the humor

loved the anticipation of the characters in this book.the ending was awesome made me laugh and worry over Maggie.a very good book

Deidre
Jul 30, 2012 Deidre rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All who enjoy a good laugh at the unexpected predicaments one can find themselves in.
This book lived up to all my expectations for a Lynsay Sands historical novel. It was throughly enjoyable and her herione's antics for getting herself into trouble kept me laughing the whole way thru.
Deanna Noble
I liked this book but I was disappointed. The first book I read by this author was so funny and this one was lacking. Good story line but I just got my hopes up. I'd read it again though.
Amy
Aug 13, 2012 Amy rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: romance
I made it most of the way through this one before deciding that life is just too short. I did not like the way the heroine kept getting beat up and kidnapped and just plain man-handled.
Melanie
Loved it! Such a funny HR... I was almost PIMP laughing at Margaret's first meeting with James' aunt Viv:-D
Lynsay Sands is such a great writer!!! 4.5*
Brittney Bower
true love has no real boundaries, and it could stop any evil if it is backed up with more that actionless words.
Sally
Every book I've read by this author has enchanted me. The Reluctant Reformer continues this tradition.
Alisa
I give it a four but only for it's humor. It was kinda of cheesy at the end. Def a good quick read though.
Kathryn
Lived up to its cover and the blurb on the back. Not quite so bad as to be funny, unfortunately.
  • His Immortal Embrace
  • Wish List (Capital Theatre #2.5)
  • Five Gold Rings
  • Beyond a Wicked Kiss (Compass Club, #4)
  • His Mistress By Morning (Marlow, #1)
  • A Mother's Way (Superhero Central #6)
  • Taming Rafe (Bancroft Brothers, #2)
  • Noble Intentions (Noble, #1)
  • The Kiss (Widows Club, #2)
  • One Night Of Scandal (Fairleigh Sisters, #2)
  • The Tarnished Lady (Viking I, #3)
  • Move Heaven and Earth
  • The Unexpected Bride
LYNSAY SANDS is the nationally bestselling author who is known for her hysterical historicals as well as the popular Argeneau/Rogue Hunter vampire series. With her witty and charming personality, Sands describes books as, “Waking dreams or stories, tales to amuse, entertain and distract us from everyday life.” She’s been writing stories since grade school and considers herself incredibly lucky to ...more
More about Lynsay Sands...
A Quick Bite (Argeneau #1) Bite Me If You Can (Argeneau #6) A Bite to Remember (Argeneau #5) Vampire, Interrupted (Argeneau #9) Single White Vampire (Argeneau #3)

“Good Lord, not again! What the devil is it with you and libraries that makes you unable to control yourself in them, James? You have always had a passion for books, but really!"

"I fear she is right. I always have had a passion for libraries. Still, i never realised quite how much pleasure they could afford until i met you.”
0 likes