Start by marking “Wives and Lovers” as Want to Read:
Wives and Lovers

Wives and Lovers

3.16 of 5 stars 3.16  ·  rating details  ·  75 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Victoria Stratford's birthday party for her husband David is a resounding success. It shows off their beautiful Wimbledon house, their wonderful children, and their perfect lives, and it conceals the tensions and ambitions that infest their marriage. Victoria graciously welcomes her guests, and the only person missing is David himself. Victoria's sister, Clara, and her hus ...more
Published October 1st 2006 by Orion Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Wives and Lovers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wives and Lovers

Jessie Wolf
I never realised how easy it was to fall in love with a character in only one chapter, but Hugo was so easy to like!

I've never really been one for romance but I'm so glad I read this book. The characters are amazing and diverse and the plot twists so absorbing. I could share the glee with Victoria, the pain with Annie and with Clara, I was close to tears.

Reading the last chapter I thought it would all be tied up in a neat little bow, giving us all a happy ending, but that doesn't happen in real
Dark-Draco
This is the story of three sisters and their husbands. Victoria has a big house, two children and a husband determined to become the next Prime Minister, but David's ambitions have absolute sway over every aspect of her life. Clara is bored with her marriage to dependable, hard-working Tom, who everyone likes, except for David. When one of her mature students makes it clear he likes her, temptation to stray becomes unbearable. And the youngest, Annie, happily married and still very much in love ...more
Bronwyn Rykiert
really enjoyed this book.

Victoria is married to David, a Barrister, both are not content in their marriage but Victoria is willing to stay for the children's sake! Clara, a University Lecturer is married to Tom, a Social Worker - their relationship is a bit boring. Annie, the youngest sister is married to Hugo, whose company builds Conservetory's etc. On the evening of David's 40th birthday a tradegy occurs that starts sending everyone's lives spinning.

It was put together well.
Sue
Easy read but the main character was pretty annoying. I enjoyed the story but may not have stuck with it if it wasn't the last book I had left on holiday. Very light, probably not a good holiday read if you like something to get your teeth into.
Marie80
Не знам зошто долго време сум чекала за да ја прочитам книгава!Навистина ми се допадна, особено Викторија и нејзиниот начин на справување ... со нејзиниот сопруг... и посебно на крајот од книгава :))!!!
Rebecca Kent
More Cathy Kelly than Marian Keyes this chic- lit is well written and generally enjoyable. It's not fast moving but really starts to gain momentum towards the end. A good holiday read.
Anna
Family is always good for a photo, but not always for the real life. I tried to read the book, but it didn't caught my attention much enough.
Hildur Ingvason
A nice chick-lit book - perhaps a bit more serious in the tone than they ususally are. It was OK.
Maegan
enjoyable chick lit recommended by Jasmin, my awesome book worm sister in law
Naomi
Good Airport read
Camille
Camille marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Helen
Helen marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Barshana Mustaffa
Barshana Mustaffa marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Nadine
Nadine marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Lucija Cvejan
Lucija Cvejan marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Suzanne
Suzanne marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Sarah added it
Jun 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
2015 Reading Chal...: Wives and Lovers by Jane Elizabeth Varley 1 9 Jan 09, 2015 11:53AM
Husbands and Other Lovers The Truth About Love Dearest Rivals The Book Lovers' Appreciation Society Great Escapes