Start by marking “The Bat In The Boot” as Want to Read:
The Bat In The Boot

The Bat In The Boot

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  5 reviews
A family finds a baby bat in their mudroom and takes care of him until his mother comes back for him.
Published March 1st 1996 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about The Bat In The Boot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bat In The Boot

Eva Leger
Jul 16, 2010 Eva Leger rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Eva by: library
Shelves: julias-books
Julia found this at the library and even though I didn't think she'd enjoy it I checked it out. This taught me that I'm not always a better judge of what my daughter likes because she did, in fact, thoroughly enjoy The Bath in the Boot.
I wasn't feeling the "prologue" type section before the story started but once the story did start Julia and I both were very interested.
A brother and sister find a baby bat in.... can you guess? A boot! :) They find this amazing discovery in their garage and dec
Abby
It's a cute story, but it makes me want to find and play with baby wild animals, especially bats. This is a problem, since generally finding and caring for baby wild animals is harmful to their health, and also since bats are one of the leading carriers of rabies. The book does hint at this truth towards the end, but mainly it ignores the dangers involved with handling wild animals. It is definitely not a teaching tool.
It's a fine book; it's got cute illustrations, and, like I've already said, i
Kate Thompson
We loved this and read it over and over. Realistic story with great illustrations (illustrated by the author). I also love that this book had a "trailer" - several pages of bat montage before the title page.
Louise
my kids just love this story...I think we have borrowed it form the library at least a dozen times...and each time it has inspired research on bats and me re-telling me bat stories...
Paula
May 31, 2012 Paula rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: pic
Based on a true story, a bat that is rescued.
Meltha
Meltha marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Angie
Angie added it
Feb 21, 2013
C.
C. marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2012
"I grew up in the country near the Ohio River. My father edited a farm magazine. I used the Super 8 movies he made of tadpoles in our pond as references for Tale of a Tadpole. My mother wrote essays, poetry and novels. My first published illustrations were for her essay-journal, The Inland Island.

After college (BA in studio art) and an assortment of art school classes in Cincinnati, St. Louis, and
More about Annie Cannon...
Ma Jiang & The Orange Ants Tale of a Tadpole Horseshoe Crabs and Shorebirds: The Story of a Foodweb Whistle Home The Writers' Mill Journal