Start by marking “A Drop of Red (Vampire Babylon, #4)” as Want to Read:
A Drop of Red (Vampire Babylon, #4)

A Drop of Red (Vampire Babylon #4)

If you run out of vampires to destroy at home, there's always work overseas...

Hollywood stuntwoman-turned-vampire-hunter Dawn Madison, along with her comrades, managed to wipe out the Los Angeles Vampire Underground—and uncovered not only her own dark family heritage but also a terrible truth about the man she loves. Now she's determined to find the next vampire lair, hopi
Published March 3rd 2009 by Ace (first published February 11th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Drop of Red, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Drop of Red

Cinder by Marissa MeyerSeraphina by Rachel HartmanClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareInsurgent by Veronica RothBitterblue by Kristin Cashore
The "Can't Wait" Books of 2012
126th out of 468 books — 30 voters
Fight Club by Chuck PalahniukThe Bourne Identity by Robert LudlumThe Godfather by Mario PuzoThe Road by Cormac McCarthyLonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry
Best Manfiction
480th out of 1,116 books — 455 voters

More lists with this book...

Jackie
I did it again, started a book on the weekend when my husband is home so it did not get finished quickly. Plus to be honest now that we have changed venues for the new story arc it was somewhat less appealing than the previous 3 books.

I am astounded by the fanciful imagination though that it took to create and flesh out the characters that inhabit these pages, it keeps me reading just to see what road the author chooses to have them walk down next.
☀Rachael☀
Dec 17, 2015 ☀Rachael☀ rated it liked it
Firstly I am actually offended by the combination of the narrators bad British accent and the authors attempts to write from a British perspective!
But the storyline was better than the last 2 if longwinded! So it gets 3*'s from me!
Theresa
Jun 13, 2016 Theresa rated it really liked it
First book in the new story arc. Everyone’s in London searching for an Underground there. Costin’s decided they need the help of a new member: Natalia. She’s also a psychic who hears dead people and she recently heard something strange in a Highgate cemetery.

Of course, everybody has problems with the new girl, especially Kiko.

I love them being in England, but this Underground is horrible. Like a cake with a moldy core. And the cat is sick. I feel sorry for all those girls (but not Violet, she ki
Veronica
************Spoilers for 1st three books**********************

This book starts the next trilogy story arc in the Vampire Bayblon series and it picks up one year after the end of the third book. Dawn and crew, having destroyed the vampire Underground in Hollywood (the story arc for the first trilogy), have moved on to London where Costin has sensed the presence of another Master. This series still remains a two star product to me, though I can't quite pinpoint why. Maybe because it's because I ju
Sandra
Dec 21, 2010 Sandra rated it liked it
Still like this series, although as the team starts a new hunt for a new Underground they lose some of the momentum that had built up in the last book with the destruction of the Hollywood Underground. Green definitely did a good job of keeping this Underground unique from the previous one, it reminded me somewhat of the movie "The Craft" (which you would know is a compliment if you had any teenage angst in the 90's). Dawn and Costin did get a bit whiney for me. Boo-hoo I'm a vampire, boo-hoo I ...more
Ward G
Aug 17, 2016 Ward G rated it really liked it
Getting back to a well liked author ...

This one, sits between maybe like 3.5 and 4 stars.
One of the main problems. Needed to get into this. Right after the previous book.

It is a stand alone setting, with new characters, and villains coming into play.
Yet it does start out, hinging on ending of the first cycle.
So can be a bit of a smack up, trying to recall given events.
A definate read the first story arc, then get into this one.

That said .. onto once more.
Chris does a wonderful job, of leading yo
Karey Trevizo
Apr 19, 2013 Karey Trevizo rated it it was ok
Am I the only one starting to feel a little sorry for Jonah here? Oh, sure, Dawn will use his body to be with Costin but it still is, you know, JONAH'S body. So when she gets all irritated with him not wanting to be a passive viewer of HIS OWN BODY, well..I actually think she's kind of bitchy.

Oh but he COVETS. Whatever that means. Apparently it means Dawn has a pass to treat him like crap, even though she's using his body to get it on with her lover.

I was fascinated by this series in the beginn
Kate
Feb 27, 2010 Kate rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: PNR Enthusists
Shelves: 2009
Chris Marie Green's Vampire Babylon Series is gutsy! Dilemmas faced by the characters are an interesting mix of the supernatural and reality, keeping the story line grounded despite some very odd situations and/or encounters. Readers will be able to relate to seeing a friend struggling with addiction, or a family coping with the emotions and fallout resulting from a failed marriage. Chris Marie Green does a phenomenal job at incorporating such real world issues into the context of a world where ...more
Sonia
Nov 23, 2012 Sonia rated it did not like it
I have given up on this series. I loved the premise, and for the first trilogy I could understand the secrecy with Dawn and the others versus "the voice". Now that the cat is out of the bag, the Limpet agency has moved to the uk and the story is dragging.

There doesn't seem to be any character development, and the vampire schoolgirls and "wolfie" were boring me to tears.
Lynn
Oct 01, 2009 Lynn rated it liked it
Had a little trouble getting into this one, but loved the new setting in London and the prep-school vamps that bewilder Dawn and the gang. Toward the middle it picked up and became a better read and hopefully, book 5 will improve.
Angela
Jul 07, 2010 Angela rated it it was ok
The protagonist in this series seems to be fading. The first set of books was well developed and there was some growth with the characters. This set of books (trilogy) seems to be just falling flat. I find myself speed reading and not taking the time to enjoy each page.
Christine
Jan 22, 2015 Christine rated it it was amazing
I love this series I love how each character is always trying to prove themselves to them self and each other while still trying to win the war.
Liliana Venegas
Dec 29, 2011 Liliana Venegas rated it really liked it
The perfect vampire tale.A book perfect with a bowl of hot and buttery popcorn. Suspenseful and oh so sexy. It kept me at the edge of my seat the whole damn time.
Carrie  Selusnik
Sep 23, 2009 Carrie Selusnik rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2009
This series has come a long way since the first book. I am enjoying this second trilogy from the start.
Brey
Oct 17, 2012 Brey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vampire
The serious is very entertaining and leaves the reader torn between the multitude of heroes to pick from with the added bonus that whoever you pick will not die and be gone from the series for good.
Jarred smith
Jarred smith rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2011
Yvonne Marron de Martin
Yvonne Marron de Martin rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2015
Mel
Mel rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2012
Brandon Luthi
Brandon Luthi rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2013
Susana
Susana rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2010
Corey Colby
Corey Colby rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2015
Markki
Markki rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2012
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2009
Holly
Holly rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2012
Artemis
Artemis rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2015
galmy
galmy rated it did not like it
Jul 30, 2013
Fallendead
Fallendead rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2013
Meagan Thompson
Meagan Thompson rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2013
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was ok
Oct 29, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Phantasm (Zoe Martinique, #3)
  • First Blood (Includes: Laws Of The Blood, #5.5; Vegas Vampires, #5; Vampire Babylon, #3.5; The Guardians, #3.5)
  • Under Darkness (Darkwing Chronicles, #5)
  • The Ravening (Blood Moon, #3)
  • The Vampire's Revenge (Savannah Vampire, #5)
  • Retribution (Anna Strong Chronicles, #5)
  • ReVamped (Void City, #2)
  • Blood from Stone (Retrievers, #6)
  • Vampire Wars (Von Carstein, #1-3)
  • Bad to the Bone (WVMP Radio, #2)
  • Hunting Memories (Vampire Memories, #2)
  • Bond of Fire (Texas Vampires, #2)
  • The Darkness (Vampire Huntress, #10)
  • The Bearskin Rug (Jewel Heiss #3)
  • Speak of the Devil (Morgan Kingsley, #4)
  • Vampire Uprising (Skinners, #4)
  • All Souls' Night (Blood Ties, #4)
  • The Last Angel (Kayla Steele, #2)
Chris Marie Green, former school teacher turned full-time writer, gets out of the office by taking long trips to places such as Japan, Italy, and New Orleans. When she’s not causing international incidents, she enjoys yoga, movie-going and dabbling in firsthand research such as fencing, Krav Maga and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. She also writes under the name Crystal Green and Christine Cody
More about Chris Marie Green...

Vampire Babylon (6 books)
  • Night Rising (Vampire Babylon, #1)
  • Midnight Reign (Vampire Babylon, #2)
  • Break of Dawn (Vampire Babylon, #3)
  • The Path of Razors (Vampire Babylon, #5)
  • Deep In the Woods (Vampire Babylon, #6)