Start by marking “Just Kate” as Want to Read:
Just Kate

Just Kate

Kate was caught in the hectic blur of Washington's fast lane, working for her senator father and planning the perfect wedding to the "perfect" man. Until both betrayed her and left her with nowhere to turn--except to an unforgettable man from her past. From the author of Snowflakes on the Sea and Used-To-Be-Lovers.
Published September 1st 1995 by Mira Books (first published 1989)

Big huge problem! Big huge problem!

No, wait. We can resolve that in 90 seconds. grah.

Otherwise, 3 stars.
Nancy Crocker
Feb 08, 2013 Nancy Crocker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kate has been in love with Sean since the day she met him. One slight problem, he married her sister Abby. Years later Abby has died in a car crash and Kate is engaged to her Father's campaign manager.

At the opera Kate sees Brad her fiancé sell Cocaine to someone and leaves him. She decides to walk home and comes across a man being robbed at an ATM. Tired of feeling the victim she hits the robber in the head with her copper purse. And finds that the man being robbed is Sean. When her father hir
May 19, 2014 Shannon rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Surprising rating, as I typically love this author. The premise is "yuck" I think (Kate is in love with her dead sister's husband). And he "plays Kate like a fiddle" -- she is practically his puppet. I don't usually say this, but save yourself some time and skip reading this book.
Can't get past 35%. It's seems that every other scene they're having sex. If I have to read about him touching her breasts one more time I will swear off sex scenes completely. No hope for the rest of this book. And I'm not in the mood to trudge through it. (5/3/13)

Couldn't sleep so I read this. Sigh. Seems very much like it's earlier, crude work. Characterizations were poor and weak; all-around unlikable. Plot, what plot? All they seem to do is shag. Gil is entirely too accepting of the quickly
Anna Schno
It was a bit disappointing this story as the characters are just not really likable.
A heroine so weak and not interested in talking with her fiancee about a difficult dituation but switching from in love to afraid mode... nahhh doesn't ring true. At least have a talk before handing back the ring.
A hero so tough and prejudiced that he seems too unforgiving but can take her to bed immidiatly.
Also disturbing, the whole sister thingy. It plainly weirded me out and it seemed too easy to paint the old
Author: Linda Lael Miller
First published: 1989
Length: 247 pages (Large Print)
Setting: Contemporary. Between Stone Creek and Indiana Rock, Arizona.
Sex: Explicit very early. Frequent. Heading to 80s erotica.
Hero: Widower with son. Pilot.
Heroine: Senator father’s press secretary.

80s erotica with a career woman who really wants to be a housewife and a wounded hero needing someone to protect and adore.

The descriptions of Australia and Australians wasn’t perfect and little things niggled (like making
Mardiya Tawfiq
Peggy Clayton
Oct 04, 2013 Peggy Clayton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of Lindas early books and it was very good. I went into reading it thinking that it was about a cowboy and then Linda surprised the reader.
Aug 15, 2013 Janice rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All of Mrs. Miller's books are a GREAT read!! Always worth read over again!
Tammy Pickens
Jun 04, 2014 Tammy Pickens rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read by Linda!!
Adriana Fogaça
Jul 24, 2013 Adriana Fogaça rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Desejo Sem Fim
Linda Lael Miller
H.C.P. Sucessos 36

Os romances da Linda Lael Miller, sempre são garantias de uma boa leitura.

Neste livro temos uma mocinha que vive a sombra. Sua falecida irmã era perfeita. Então, ela tenta manter as expectativas.

Mas, na opinião dos pais, ela não consegue ser a filha perfeita como foi a irmã.

Imagine a situação:

O pai esta concorrendo ao Senado americano. O noivo que trabalha na campanha do pai, mas nas horas vagas vende drogas. A mãe se submete a qualquer palavr
Oct 26, 2014 Jeanne rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-reads
This is one of the author's' very early books, and it shows. The reader is given no reason for the great love that exists between Kate and her dead sister's husband, or the reason that they immediately become sexually involved. There is very little plot interspersed between sex scenes involving a breast fetish. Skip this one.
It was a good little romance story. A fast read! Takes place in Australia and the United States. As usual with Miller's stories there is a lot of sexual content but I enjoyed the story part.
Mar 15, 2016 Carol rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I found the story very dated, a product of the year it was written, 1989. I prefer the author's period westerns. I skimmed the last few chapters just to get it over with.
Julie Ounanian
Sep 26, 2015 Julie Ounanian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Listened to unabridged audiobook.

Seemed more like an abridged version, felt like something was missing.

Anyway good story - ALOT of sex!
Feb 04, 2015 Nicole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. It was very hot and steamy and sweetly romantic. I couldn't put it down.
So sappy it looses the punch it should have.
Aug 12, 2014 Ingrid rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
A cute and fast read.
I did NOT read this book, the first in a bundle of two. I was given it but after reading the reviews I'll skip it. Having nine sisters its one of my least favourite themes. I simply couldn't imagine stepping over that line - ever.

However the next story about second chances looks interesting 'The Only Wife by Cathy McDavid.
Izandra Mascarenhas
The book made all women think: "my desire is become a house wife"...
Mar 29, 2012 Nancy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
(audiobook) - Did not....could not.... finish. Ugh. Just jumped right into Just Kate hooking up with her dead sister's husband, that she's always loved. Whatever.
Jun 17, 2015 Kesha rated it did not like it
Had to skip over some parts of this book. Its hard to stomach Kate having sex and then marrying her dead sister's husband. Some things just aren't done.
Jul 03, 2013 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
nice to see a book set even partially in my own country , even if the scenes were a little cliched . Enjoyable story with a predictable ending.
Apr 16, 2013 Lesley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not favorite Linda Lael Miller book, but it was okay. An easy read, if you are looking for something to finish in one day.
Ann Anderson
Did not care for this story. Could not imagine marrying her brother-in-law, especially when her parents did not like him.
Feb 27, 2013 Lisa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Usually love anything from Ms. Miller, but this one was disappointing. Very little character or plot development.
Apr 01, 2013 Jennifer rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Books like this give romance novels a bad name. No character or plot development whatsoever. Blech.
Feb 25, 2013 Lisa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
A rather ridiculous story with a sloppy ending. First Linda Lael Miller book I've disliked.
Oct 19, 2012 Barb marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Very little meat to the story. Like a short story expanded to a novel. Not her best.
Apr 10, 2013 Janet rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: don-t-like
ridiculous - repetitive - very surprised because I usually like this author
  • Diamond Spur
  • Everlasting Love
  • In Our Dreams
  • Summer Sensations: Overload, The Leopard's Woman, Lonesome Rider
  • The Cowgirl In Question (McCalls' Montana #1)
  • Sexiest Man Alive (Make Me a Match, #2)
  • My Lady Beloved
  • Milky Way (Welcome to Tyler, #9)
  • Carried Away
  • The Justice Way (3-in-1)
  • More Than Memory
  • Letting Go
  • The Scarlet Spy
  • Fire And Rain & Outlaw (MacKenzie-Blackthorn #2-3)
  • Seduced by the Night (Night Slayer, #2)
  • Josh (Wyoming Sky, #2)
  • Once Upon A Blind Date
The daughter of a town marshal, LINDA LAEL MILLER is a #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 100 historical and contemporary novels, most of which reflect her love of the West. The "First Lady of the West" lives outside Spokane, Washington, where her rescued horses, dogs and cats live the high life.

Published since 1983, Linda was awarded the prestigious Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievemen
More about Linda Lael Miller...