Start by marking “Leftover Dead (Trailer Park Mystery, #5)” as Want to Read:
Leftover Dead (Trailer Park Mystery, #5)

Leftover Dead (Trailer Park Mystery #5)

3.78  ·  Rating Details  ·  127 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Waitress Wanda Nell Culpepper is barely hitched to her new husband, Jack, before the couple starts digging into an unsolved murder from thirty-one years ago. But a new death puts this cold case on the front burner.
Published January 6th 2009 by Berkley (first published January 6th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Leftover Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leftover Dead

Leeankh
Mar 11, 2010 Leeankh rated it really liked it
Overall, I really liked it. I like that they were investigating an unsolved crime because it feels somewhat unrealistic for a small town setting to host so many murders throughout a series. It's especially difficult to suspend my disbelief that one character would find herself connected to every murder, in such a setting. Additionally, the main characters leave town to follow up on some leads and I really liked that. I guess I just need to see some changes of scenery, even in a book series. Mira ...more
Jun 05, 2015 Laura rated it really liked it
I am sooo sorry that this author ended this series with this book!! I am primed to read several more-alas...I liked the way the story/excitement built up and instead of a Big Finale, ended softly. I wish the author would reconsider, I can come up with some plots!
Linda
Mar 07, 2014 Linda rated it really liked it
Shelves: challenge
Another fun trailer park mystery. This one is about a cold case from 31 years ago that Wanda Nell gets involved with solving and I'm a sucker for cold cases.
Sandy
Jan 31, 2015 Sandy rated it really liked it
I would love to see more from Jimmie Ruth Evans! Hasn't let me down yet, loved everything I from from this author.
Mary
Sep 07, 2009 Mary rated it liked it
I saw this book on the shelf; it said 'A Trailer Park Mystery', and I grew up around several trailer parks, so I had to read it! It does the trailer parks proud. This is a light mystery with the 'sleuths' being a newlywed couple who happen to live in a trailer park. The characters were amusing, with lots of names that sound best when you have a Southern accent ('Wanda Nell', 'Mayrene', 'Miss Lyda', 'Elmer Lee'). The mystery was interesting (a 30+ year old murder at the local high school). I enjo ...more
Gail
Oct 01, 2010 Gail rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book, mystery
This is the 4th "trailer park mystery" by Evans. In it, Wanda Nell is married to her schoolteacher sweetheart and only has one child left at home. Someone tells her about a girl who was found murdered on the high school football field 30 years ago, a murder that was never solved, and Wanda Nell and co. decide the poor girl deserves better than that. Another stroll into the dark and twisted underbelly of a small Southern town...
Tisha
Sep 03, 2012 Tisha rated it liked it
the 5th and final (?) installment of the Trailer Park Mysteries series. This is kind of a cold case storyline. Wanda Nell and Jack are now married. Jack is a true crime writer. He discovers a cold case from 31 years ago and he and Wanda Nell set out to solve it. Wanda Nell is a bit more likable in this story. I did have a time warming up to her.

Vicky
Feb 01, 2009 Vicky rated it it was ok
I did not like this book as well as the previous ones in this series. It was "Too polite" on the whole an the humor between Mayreen and Wanda Nell was non-existent. I do not like the marriage idea either. Too hokey. I liked Wanda better as a struggling "hero". i don't know if i will read another by this author.
Wendy
Jan 26, 2014 Wendy rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this mystery with Wanda Nell and Jack. Sad that this appears to be the last book in the series (even though there is no real ending to the series here).

The mystery was a cold case and for once did not involve anyone in Wanda Nell's family. lol

Enjoyed this cozy series.

Susan
Nov 10, 2010 Susan rated it liked it
Wanda Nell and her new husband Jack are happy until Jack decides to write his new book about a girl who was murdered right there in Tullahoma 31 years earlier. Soon both are haunted by the sad story, and decide to take whatever risks are necessary to avenge the unidentified girl.
Janet
Aug 24, 2010 Janet rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Okay, I’m all caught up with Evans’ series. This last one was published in January of 2009. So I’m hoping Evans is working on a new one and hasn’t called it quits.
Becky
May 12, 2013 Becky rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
This is the only one I have read in this series and I enjoyed it.
Cindi (cheesygiraffe)
Jun 07, 2009 Cindi (cheesygiraffe) rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009-read
This one was like an episode of Cold Case Files. very good!
Dan
Jan 06, 2011 Dan rated it really liked it
... . can only hope for another in this series
Jean Brazil
Mar 23, 2013 Jean Brazil rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Another cute trailer park cozy mystery.
Erin
Mar 30, 2010 Erin rated it liked it
Okay mystery, too much gay agenda.
Kim
Feb 07, 2013 Kim rated it did not like it
Shelves: funny-mysteries
Just not into it.
Stacey Schneller
Stacey Schneller marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
May 11, 2016
Melissa Bollinger
Melissa Bollinger rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2016
Skittles
Skittles marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
Apryl
Apryl marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2016
Klm
Klm marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
CottonCandy
CottonCandy marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2016
Terry
Terry rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2016
Jan
Jan added it
Feb 25, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Speak Ill of the Dead (A Camilla MacPhee Mystery, #1)
  • These Guns for Hire
  • The Treacherous Teddy
  • Posted To Death (Simon Kirby-Jones Mysteries #1)
  • French Polished Murder (A Daring Finds Mystery, #2)
  • Elvis And The Memphis Mambo Murders
  • Dead Men Don't Eat Cookies (Cookie Cutter Shop Mystery, #6)
  • Cut to the Corpse (A Decoupage Mystery, #2)
  • Murder on the Eightfold Path (Mantra for Murder, #3)
  • Weeding Out Trouble (Nina Quinn, #5)
  • Lead-Pipe Cinch (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #2)
  • Dial M for Mischief (Sunshine Girls, #1)
  • Dangerous Alterations (A Southern Sewing Circle, #5)
  • Spin a Wicked Web (Home Crafting Mystery, #3)
  • All the Pretty Hearses (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #26)
  • A Touch of Gold (A Missing Pieces Mystery, #2)
  • Delicious and Suspicious (A Memphis BBQ Mystery #1)
  • Dead Men Don't Get the Munchies (A Cooking Class Mystery, #3)

Trailer Park Mystery (5 books)
  • Flamingo Fatale (Trailer Park Mystery #1)
  • Murder Over Easy (Trailer Park Mystery , #2)
  • Best Served Cold (Trailer Park Mystery, #3)
  • Bring Your Own Poison (Trailer Park Mystery, #4)