Start by marking “The Dark Foundations (The Lamb Among the Stars, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Dark Foundations (The Lamb Among the Stars, #3)

The Dark Foundations (The Lamb Among the Stars #3)

"The Dark Foundations" continues the epic story begun in "The Shadow and Night." Far beyond the tranquility of the Assembly worlds, Nezhuala, Lord-Emperor of the Dominion, is preparing a merciless and crushing attack on Farholme as a prelude to an onslaught on the Assembly. Back on Farholme, Commander Merral D’Avanos recovers from his wounds after the battle at Fallambet w ...more
Published October 1st 2006 by Tyndale House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Dark Foundations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dark Foundations

Carissa Norris
Dec 29, 2011 Carissa Norris rated it really liked it
I liked The Dark Foundations better than The Power of Night. I have found with this series that in each book I am pretty bored at the beginning, but then they really pick up about half way through and then I can't put them down. I am enjoying following the character's stories.

I struggle with the theology of the books at times because making perfect people seems forced and unrealistic, thus, I still find it hard to identify with the characters. It also seems that the author places heavy blame for
M.G. Bianco
Jan 08, 2013 M.G. Bianco rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
I know this as book two in the Lamb Among the Stars trilogy, since books one and two were eventually combined into book one.

In this book, Merrall finds that his planet, Farholme, has been contacted by humans from below space, from the Dominion. They are seeking to establish an alliance with Farholme, and Merrall is part of the team that negotiates with them while trying to determine if their offer is trustworthy or demands war.

In this book, character development really takes off. The characters
Melinda
May 10, 2014 Melinda rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Enjoyed this book just as much as the first one. I do have a few little things that annoyed me. 1 - Vero's ancedotes. Like all the phrases from the past...that he got wrong. I mean can't the man speak without sticking in one of those sayings? 2- Vero's stuttering. No offense to anyone with a stutter. But he didn't have it to begin with. Why couldn't the author just let it go? There was no real point to him having a stutter. 3 - How Merral never confronts anyone with his suspicions. He always kee ...more
Sara Diane
Apr 12, 2011 Sara Diane rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, 2011, reviewed
The third in the series, this one continues the story of Farholme, the world cut off from the Assembly and now under attack from the Dominion. I had a bit more trouble getting through this one. More and more, Walley shows that he lacks a basic understanding of human nature--his story hinges on this universe that has been "kept" from evil, but he seems to forget that evil is inside each and every human being. The only way the Assembly would work is by prohibiting free will, and since God GAVE us ...more
Valerie Jackson
Aug 04, 2016 Valerie Jackson rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best what-if Christian fiction series ever. I can't stop reading it.

Watching a society deteriorate from a sinless state to one that slowly develops signs of selfishness and self-absorption is fascinating. Behavior which we consider normal is shown for what it really is. Yet this problem isn't even the primary plot, it's just a symptom of what the protagonists are battling both in their society and within themselves.

Chris Walley's science background helps flesh out the worlds h
Jeremy Gould
Apr 11, 2016 Jeremy Gould rated it it was amazing
The Second Book in the Lamb Among The Stars Trilogy. Read It. If you like Sci-fi, if you like Narnia/Lord of the Rings style, you will like this. You will like this regardless. I found myself being convicted of things that might be so trivial in our day.
Mark A Powell
Jan 02, 2014 Mark A Powell rated it it was amazing
The saga continues with our first glimpse of Earth and a peek into the Dominion. This trilogy remains a compelling look at evil and its often subtle effects on humanity. It also remains a first-rate science fiction work, avoiding the tediousness that at times plagued the first book. As the middle of a trilogy, it lacks closure, but is highly entertaining (and riveting). It's told so well that I am disappointed there's only one book left. ...more
Dawson Newman
May 12, 2015 Dawson Newman rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyable
Robert
May 04, 2014 Robert rated it it was amazing
Loved it
C.J. Darlington
Jan 27, 2015 C.J. Darlington rated it it was amazing
Even better than the first book, this one reminds of a science fiction version of Lord of the Rings. At times the pace was slow, but this adds a layer of depth missing in many shorter works. I love how the spiritual aspects are so relevant to us in this day, even though the novel takes place thousands of years into the future. Can't wait for book three, which I promptly ordered after turning the last page of The Dark Foundations.
Chris Griffith
Jul 16, 2011 Chris Griffith rated it liked it
Sin continues to encroah upon the inhabitants of planet Farholme. Courage and honor are tested. Battles, battles, and more battles with robot attack dogs called "Krallen", a demonic "balrog" type figure called a "Bazilarch" and a variety of other evil characters - 13,000 years in the future with a cliff hanger at the end. I plan to eventually read the third and final installment called The Infinite Day but not just yet.
Ann Thomas
Aug 01, 2012 Ann Thomas rated it liked it
This is part 3 of the Lamb Among the Stars series, an amazingly-conceived world where there was no crime, until an insidious evil crept in. Here we meet the bad guys, who are a bit over the top, and there is a huge, seemingly impossible battle for the planet of Farholm. The spiritual struggle is very well portrayed. They are now racing to Earth for the final battle - and I have to wait for another book!
John
Apr 03, 2013 John rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
Walley really took the series to a new level with the second volume. The story advances by leaps and bounds and it is apparent that he's a more mature writer.

The adventure doesn't let up and the suspense builds and leaves you eager for the finale.

If you enjoyed the first volume, you'll surely love this one. Highly recommended!
Debby Kean
Dec 06, 2010 Debby Kean rated it it was amazing
This was simply amazing... (Not in my opinion as good as the first book, but still brilliant. A little weird (his world takes a bit of getting used to) but overall, just consistently great characterisation, a suspenseful story and non-stop adventure!
Timothy FitzGerald
Timothy FitzGerald marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
James Mayuga
James Mayuga rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2016
Deb Trantina
Deb Trantina rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2016
Cathleen
Cathleen rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2016
Charlie Martineau
Charlie Martineau rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2016
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2016
Elly
Elly marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Joshua Ng
Joshua Ng rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2016
Marie Moor
Marie Moor marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Ericka
Ericka rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2016
Mary Guleserian
Mary Guleserian rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2016
Raina
Raina marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Norma Crawford
Norma Crawford marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
  • The Enclave
  • The Hand That Bears the Sword
  • The Scarlet Trefoil (Tahn Dorn #3)
  • Savage City (Romanitas, #3)
  • Wind and Shadow
  • Outriders
  • Self Raised
  • The Restorer's Journey (The Sword of Lyric #3)
  • The Two Collars (Bracken Trilogy, #3)
  • Raven's Ladder (The Auralia Thread, #3)
  • Fire Caste
  • Failstate
  • The Siege of Dome (Empyrion, #2)
I was born in Wales in 1954 but grew up in northern England. I studied geology at university, gaining a BSc from Sheffield University and a PhD from University of Wales, Swansea. I taught at the American University of Beirut (AUB) in Lebanon from 1980-84, where I met my wife and where our two boys were born.

From 1984-94, I was based in Swansea, where I was a consultant for the oil industry. I did
More about Chris Walley...

The Lamb Among the Stars (4 books)
  • The Shadow at Evening (The Lamb Among the Stars, #1)
  • The Power of the Night (The Lamb Among the Stars, #2)
  • The Infinite Day (The Lamb among the Stars, #4)