Start by marking “Good Night, Leo: A Swashbuckling Bedtime Adventure” as Want to Read:
Good Night, Leo: A Swashbuckling Bedtime Adventure

Good Night, Leo: A Swashbuckling Bedtime Adventure

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  5 reviews
IT’S TIME FOR BED, and Leo must get out of his pirate costume and into his pjs, and as he removes each item of clothing, Leo fondly says good night. (“Good night, green bandana . . . Good night, red and white shirt . . .”) Meanwhile, his friend Teddy has other plans as he gets ready for a swashbuckling nighttime adventure. Young readers will love seeing Leo transform from ...more
Board book, 24 pages
Published May 13th 2008 by Robin Corey Books

To ask other readers questions about Good Night, Leo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Good Night, Leo

Sharon Mollerus
This is a darling bedtime story and non-boring board book. While Leo is getting ready for bed, his teddy bear Teddy is getting articles of pirate costume passed on to him. The two figures are on facing pages, and the cut-outs show Teddy receiving the pirate costume while Leo is shedding them. Each page is dedicated to the color of the item. By the end of the book, Leo is asleep and dreaming of his pirate adventures. Loved it!
Libby
This was pretty fun-pirate attire is cut-out so that when Leo "takes it off" his teddy "puts it on". Sadly, we checked this out from the library and so some of the cut-outs were missing, and if I were not so careful, I think my 10-month old would have ripped more out. It's a great idea, but even though it's a board book, it's too tempting for young hands to ruin. They probably should have laminated the pages.
Karyn Silverman
The cutouts are brilliant! An adult can marvel at the engineering while a child looks through them and just marvels. The concept is perfect for the preliterate set and is a nice counterpoint to the more standard celebration of bedtime-- this is just gently humorous as it gets Leo ready for bed.
Becky Tilton
Plot summary: Good Night, Leo is a cut-out fantasy book about a small chick who likes to dress up as a pirate. I had a difficult time understanding the concept of this book. I did not like it and I would not keep it in a classroom library.
Activities:
#1 NONE
#2 NONE
Kelli
Cutout pages help the little pirate get undressed and into his jammies for the evening. Teddy bear gets transformed as he dons the castoff pirate gear. Fun, fun, fun!
Emily Leeds
Emily Leeds marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Haley Resseguie
Haley Resseguie marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Torrace Lileton lowe
Torrace Lileton lowe marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Amberle
Amberle marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2013
Wooden Horse
Wooden Horse marked it as to-read
May 04, 2011
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2011
Just Grace (Just Grace, #1) Fashion Kitty Still Just Grace (Just Grace, #2) Cupcake Go! Go! Go! Stop!