Start by marking “Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Guilty Pleasures, Volume 2” as Want to Read:
Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Guilty Pleasures, Volume 2

Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Guilty Pleasures, Volume 2 (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Graphic Novels #2 issues #7-12)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  2,782 ratings  ·  52 reviews
What price will Anita pay in order to save her friend's life & solve the vampire murders? Will she actually kiss Phillip? How far will Edward go in order to find out where the daytime resting place of the master vampires truly is? What's next for Anita Blake, you ask? The answers to all of those questions are here
Paperback, Graphic Novel, 144 pages
Published December 31st 2008 by Marvel (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter

Natasha
Anita Blake is one of my favorite heroines. I've read all LKH's books and especially loved her Anita Blake series. Anita talks the talk, and walks the walk. lol! Like I said in my review of the GUILTY PLEASURES VOLUME 1, I was so stoked to find out LKH had graphic novels. I always want more Anita. I also mentioned how the only thing I found odd about the graphic novels is that the artwork from book to book, sometimes changes. I LOVED the way she was drawn in GP VOL 1 the most. GP VOL 1 and 2 are ...more
Karen
Jan 25, 2009 Karen rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommended to Karen by: A co-worker who is a fan of the novels
Wordy and boring, full of bodice-ripper dudes with long curly hair and no shirts, flecked with, or standing in pools of, the flattest blood I've ever seen.
Philip
I earned those points. EARNED them.
Jody Mena
Great! Well, it’s Anita Blake, so that alone makes it awesome. But after reading the novel, it was so fascinating to see the characters in action in the graphic novel – especially Jean-Claude (he’s as beautiful as I imagined!). The artwork was very nice, though a little rougher than I expected. On problem with it was that the characters’ facial expressions were a bit hit and miss, and their eye lines were occasionally off – they would be talking to each other but looking off in odd directions, a ...more
Crystal Starr Light
The plot thickens. Anita and Phillip, boy toy from the vampire club, Guilty Pleasures, are at a freak party, where people imitate vampires. But her investigation may be found out. And an almost failed zombie raising has Anita asking a lot of questions.
This novel was a good improvement over the last volume, Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Guilty Pleasures, Vol. 1 . The art is much better: Anita's hair doesn't threaten to dominate her features, the pouty, doe-eyed looked is much diminished and the th
Kathy
Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter Guilty Pleasures Volume one and two by Laurell K. Hamilton and adaptation from Stacie Ritchie (issues 1-5 and 7-12), Jess Ruffner-Booth (issue 6) illustrated by Ron Lim and Brett Booth. It was a great series that lived up to the name and the idea that it would make for a perfect gift. It was a guilty pleasure that had amazing art and plot.

These two books were a Christmas gift from Miriam. She’s one of the few people who know how much I love graphic novels, books in ge
Holly Letson
There's one in most every vampire or paranormal series, that lead "creature" that you just absolutely love, no matter how much you know that you should hate them. In this book, that character was Nikolaos, the 1000+ -yr.-old vampire babe that controlled pretty much everything.

Sad thing about Nikolaos is that she could seem to control her very own servant, Zachary. So, all along, Zach was the vampire murderer that everyone was looking for, and nobody seemed to know, until about 2/3 of the way t
Stacy
Doesn't really deviate at all, which I found slightly surprising for some reason. Not a huge fan of how they make scars or hair look, but apart from that it really helped to visualize things better.
Megan
3 ½ to 4 stars. Volume II, the conclusion of Guilty Pleasures. This was a very quick and fun read. Again, it is nice to have a refresher of the little details of what happened in the first book about Anita Blake. What had me disappointed in this one is that ¼ of the way through the artist was changed. This was very frustrating as the main animator for the first volume and ¼ of this volume was SO much better! Lim is more cartoony. The ONLY good thing about that is that Jean-Claude looks less femi ...more
Ashley
When the first volume of Guilty Pleasures came out, I remember I was so excited! Only after I read it, had I realized it was just mediocre and honestly wasn't worth the commotion. Guilty Pleasures is my favorite book out of the Anita Blake series thus far. It's what started it all and was cram packed with balls-to-the-wall action that made the books such a fun read. I just didn't think this particular novel illustrated it as well as my imagination had. But honestly, I found vol. 2 more interesti ...more
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Story was interesting. If you like the books, then you might like this. Again, the art is something to get used to but you kind of like it.
Sarah Rhea Werner
The art in this volume (2 of 2) took a bit of a dive -- less complex, as though the artist had grown tired of the work. But I really enjoyed seeing what the characters looked like -- Laurell K. Hamilton is pretty sparse on her character description (providing us only with a hair or eye color per character, and maybe a height), so it was fun to get some differentiation. Even if that differentiation was spread only among supermodels. With disproportionately stilt-like legs.

Anyway, fun story. I thi
Zaza
Amazing! Captivating!
Wayland Smith
I was curious about the graphic novel adaptations, so I read both parts of the first novel. They are decent reads, and good examples of the series before it became centered on sex to the detriment of about everything else.

The art is a bit odd, in that the faces seem to change in random ways, and the expressions don't really seem to match what's going on at times. I enjoyed this two part collection enough to finish it, but I don't think I'll be tracking down any others.
Melliane
Firstable, not a good idea to start with the second volume without reading the first one. But it was a really great comic and I liked it. Nikolaos and Bert were so well realized ! It was also nice to see the empty looks of Edward we hear so much about all along the series.

Mon avis complet

My english review
Jane
This is the conclusion to the Guilty Pleasures story and again is beautifully rendered and full of all sorts of twists and turns!

I did not enjoy the second half as much as the first (but this is probably because I read another book in between and perhaps lost a bit of the feel of the story along the way). The graphic novel follows Anita Blake's hunt for the vampire killer as the 1000 year old vampire Nikolaus has requested of her and the killer comes from a surprising source.
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
I've really enjoyed reliving this story over these two volumes of graphic novels of the first book in this series. Seeing the images of Phillip at the end made what happened to him even more real for me. I loved seeing the ghouls but I think they were supposed to have a few more human features so you could tell they were human once upon a time. I'm not sure if it's just me but Jean Claude looked more manly than in volume 1 which I liked. Overall, this was a good read.
Jackie Bryant
Meh. I feel like I wouldn't have known what was going on if I hadn't read book Guilty Pleasures already. Recommend only to hardcore Anita Blake fans.
Theda Black
I finally came back to this and finished it. This really makes me long for the early Anita Blake books. Very prettily drawn, especially Phillip, Jean-Claude and Nikolaos (never mind the overload of curls for Anita). Plentiful action, all while keeping a good handle on the characterization of Anita and cohorts.

Phillip still broke my heart. Just like in the novel.
Jan
Jul 23, 2008 Jan rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance - Vampire Lovers
Excellent artwork and storyboard scripting!!! I managed to buy the book the day it hit the shelves and read it the minute I got home.

I now plan to put the paperback "Guilty Pleasures" in my TO-READ list. I’ve gotten the feel for Hamilton’s writing and I hope the book has a wee bit more romance in it than the graphic novel did.
Elizabeth Abney
Much like the first collection of Guilty Pleasures comic books. The artwork still isn’t how I picture the characters in my head, but the adaptation is pretty interesting. I doubt I will continue reading the series in graphic novel form though. It just isn’t really my thing.

From my personal collection.
Kari Ramirez
Still enjoying the series since it's before things got kind of dull in the later books. It's been awhile since I read these first books so it's almost new again. I still don't get why all the vampires have to have long hair, but it's something I'll have to deal with!
Janet
The cover is very similar to the first volume, and I couldn’t remember if I’d already read this. I flipped it open (in front of the Circulation clerk) to look at a page…and there was Anita in all her glory—buck naked in the shower.
Swimmingurl17
I didn't like the new graphic's in the second half of the book, jean-claude looks way to feminine and ugly, it bothered me but overall a great visual representation of the blood, gore and awsomness that is Anita Blake.
Raina
I'm thoroughly enjoying reading the Anita Blake series very slowly via the gn adaptations. The illustrations are totally sexy and pulpy, and I get the drift of the plots. Fun vampire gns. :)
Tricia
I am not so much into grapic novels, but this one is pretty good. If you enjoy this type of book, then you will more than likely really enjoy this serious of novels.
Joanne
I absolutely LOVE the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series by Laurell K. Hamilton.

*WARNING* This series is NOT recommended for the under 18 age group.
Jeff Cadoff
The graphic novel series continues with more fun for Anita. Must admit the bad-guy was a bit telegraphed, but it was still fun to get there.
Richard
I read this series up through the most recent and I can not recall if this is true to the novel, but it was still a good read.
Susan
I just have the individual issues...

Read
#7 5-23-2008
#8 5-27-2008
#9 5-28-2008
#10 5-29-2008
#11 5-31-2008
#12 6-30-2008
  • Blood Work (The Hollows Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Omnibus, Vol. 1
  • Mercy Thompson: Moon Called, Volume 2
  • Novels by Laurell K. Hamilton: Cerulean Sins, Skin Trade, Flirt
  • The Dark-Hunters, Vol. 4 (Dark-Hunter Manga, #4)
  • The Dresden Files:  Storm Front, Volume 1:  The Gathering Storm
  • Angel: After the Fall, Volume 1
  • Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 5
  • True Blood: All Together Now (True Blood Comics, #1)
  • Charlaine Harris' Grave Sight Part 2 (Grave Sight Graphic Novel, #2)
  • Witchblade Vol.1: Witch Hunt
  • The Vampire Files, Volume 2 (Vampire Files, #4-6)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon Graphic Novel, #2)
  • Dance in the Vampire Bund, vol. 14
  • Boneyard, Volume 1: In Full Color
  • That Voodoo You Do (That Old Black Magic, #1)
Laurell K. Hamilton is one of the leading writers of paranormal fiction. A #1 New York Times bestselling author, Hamilton writes the popular Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter novels and the Meredith Gentry series. She is also the creator of a bestselling comic book series based on her Anita Blake novels and published by Marvel Comics. Hamilton is a full-time writer and lives in the suburbs of St. Louis ...more
More about Laurell K. Hamilton...
Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #1) Circus of the Damned (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #3) The Laughing Corpse (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #2) The Lunatic Cafe (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #4) Bloody Bones (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #5)