Start by marking “Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Guilty Pleasures, Volume 2” as Want to Read:
Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Guilty Pleasures, Volume 2

Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Guilty Pleasures, Volume 2 (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Graphic Novels #2 issues #7-12)

4.26  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,089 Ratings  ·  59 Reviews
What price will Anita pay in order to save her friend's life & solve the vampire murders? Will she actually kiss Phillip? How far will Edward go in order to find out where the daytime resting place of the master vampires truly is? What's next for Anita Blake, you ask? The answers to all of those questions are here
Paperback, Graphic Novel, 144 pages
Published December 31st 2008 by Marvel (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter

Natasha
Jan 14, 2010 Natasha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anita Blake is one of my favorite heroines. I've read all LKH's books and especially loved her Anita Blake series. Anita talks the talk, and walks the walk. lol! Like I said in my review of the GUILTY PLEASURES VOLUME 1, I was so stoked to find out LKH had graphic novels. I always want more Anita. I also mentioned how the only thing I found odd about the graphic novels is that the artwork from book to book, sometimes changes. I LOVED the way she was drawn in GP VOL 1 the most. GP VOL 1 and 2 are ...more
Karen
The graphic novel did a great job of condensing the original novel. The art work is fantastic and gives a total sense of who the characters are. This is all well before Anita had found that monsters come in all varieties, and not just those with fangs and claws. A must have for Anita fans.
Andrea {Bookish Lifestyle}
(This review is both for Volume 1 and Volume 2)

I read Guilty Pleasures many years ago and absolutely loved it. It's the first true adult series that I read and loved - at least until it became more about the sex scenes than the mystery, but that's another story.

These two volumes stick very closely to the novel and is essentially just these artists interpenetration and visualizations of the novel. The artwork is detailed and eye catching, allowing yourself to really be pulled into the story.

My pr
Karen
Jan 25, 2009 Karen rated it did not like it
Recommended to Karen by: A co-worker who is a fan of the novels
Wordy and boring, full of bodice-ripper dudes with long curly hair and no shirts, flecked with, or standing in pools of, the flattest blood I've ever seen.
Philip
Nov 20, 2009 Philip rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel
I earned those points. EARNED them.
Jody Mena
Jun 01, 2015 Jody Mena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Great! Well, it’s Anita Blake, so that alone makes it awesome. But after reading the novel, it was so fascinating to see the characters in action in the graphic novel – especially Jean-Claude (he’s as beautiful as I imagined!). The artwork was very nice, though a little rougher than I expected. On problem with it was that the characters’ facial expressions were a bit hit and miss, and their eye lines were occasionally off – they would be talking to each other but looking off in odd directions, a ...more
Crystal Starr Light
The plot thickens. Anita and Phillip, boy toy from the vampire club, Guilty Pleasures, are at a freak party, where people imitate vampires. But her investigation may be found out. And an almost failed zombie raising has Anita asking a lot of questions.
This novel was a good improvement over the last volume, Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Guilty Pleasures, Vol. 1 . The art is much better: Anita's hair doesn't threaten to dominate her features, the pouty, doe-eyed looked is much diminished and the th
Kathy
Jan 17, 2013 Kathy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter Guilty Pleasures Volume one and two by Laurell K. Hamilton and adaptation from Stacie Ritchie (issues 1-5 and 7-12), Jess Ruffner-Booth (issue 6) illustrated by Ron Lim and Brett Booth. It was a great series that lived up to the name and the idea that it would make for a perfect gift. It was a guilty pleasure that had amazing art and plot.

These two books were a Christmas gift from Miriam. She’s one of the few people who know how much I love graphic novels, books in ge
Holly Letson
Aug 23, 2012 Holly Letson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's one in most every vampire or paranormal series, that lead "creature" that you just absolutely love, no matter how much you know that you should hate them. In this book, that character was Nikolaos, the 1000+ -yr.-old vampire babe that controlled pretty much everything.

Sad thing about Nikolaos is that she could seem to control her very own servant, Zachary. So, all along, Zach was the vampire murderer that everyone was looking for, and nobody seemed to know, until about 2/3 of the way t
Matej
Jun 06, 2015 Matej rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second, and last, volume of the Anita Blake Guilty Pleasures story and it collects issues #7-#12 that were originally published in 2008.
The plot was not that original or interesting and even though the ending was anticlimactic, the gore scenes somewhat made up for it.
The art was good, but the coloring was better.
Overall, this is a solid vampire mystery that could easily be skipped even if you are a fan of the genre.
Stacy
Doesn't really deviate at all, which I found slightly surprising for some reason. Not a huge fan of how they make scars or hair look, but apart from that it really helped to visualize things better.
Megan
Jan 14, 2010 Megan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 to 4 stars. Volume II, the conclusion of Guilty Pleasures. This was a very quick and fun read. Again, it is nice to have a refresher of the little details of what happened in the first book about Anita Blake. What had me disappointed in this one is that of the way through the artist was changed. This was very frustrating as the main animator for the first volume and of this volume was SO much better! Lim is more cartoony. The ONLY good thing about that is that Jean-Claude looks less feminin ...more
Ashley
Dec 19, 2009 Ashley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
When the first volume of Guilty Pleasures came out, I remember I was so excited! Only after I read it, had I realized it was just mediocre and honestly wasn't worth the commotion. Guilty Pleasures is my favorite book out of the Anita Blake series thus far. It's what started it all and was cram packed with balls-to-the-wall action that made the books such a fun read. I just didn't think this particular novel illustrated it as well as my imagination had. But honestly, I found vol. 2 more interesti ...more
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Story was interesting. If you like the books, then you might like this. Again, the art is something to get used to but you kind of like it.
Talia
This was really good compared with the regular novel. I'm impressed by these graphic novels!
Sarah Rhea Werner
The art in this volume (2 of 2) took a bit of a dive -- less complex, as though the artist had grown tired of the work. But I really enjoyed seeing what the characters looked like -- Laurell K. Hamilton is pretty sparse on her character description (providing us only with a hair or eye color per character, and maybe a height), so it was fun to get some differentiation. Even if that differentiation was spread only among supermodels. With disproportionately stilt-like legs.

Anyway, fun story. I thi
Zaza
Amazing! Captivating!
Wayland Smith
I was curious about the graphic novel adaptations, so I read both parts of the first novel. They are decent reads, and good examples of the series before it became centered on sex to the detriment of about everything else.

The art is a bit odd, in that the faces seem to change in random ways, and the expressions don't really seem to match what's going on at times. I enjoyed this two part collection enough to finish it, but I don't think I'll be tracking down any others.
Melliane
Oct 31, 2011 Melliane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Firstable, not a good idea to start with the second volume without reading the first one. But it was a really great comic and I liked it. Nikolaos and Bert were so well realized ! It was also nice to see the empty looks of Edward we hear so much about all along the series.

Mon avis complet

My english review
Jane
Jul 28, 2011 Jane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the conclusion to the Guilty Pleasures story and again is beautifully rendered and full of all sorts of twists and turns!

I did not enjoy the second half as much as the first (but this is probably because I read another book in between and perhaps lost a bit of the feel of the story along the way). The graphic novel follows Anita Blake's hunt for the vampire killer as the 1000 year old vampire Nikolaus has requested of her and the killer comes from a surprising source.
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
I've really enjoyed reliving this story over these two volumes of graphic novels of the first book in this series. Seeing the images of Phillip at the end made what happened to him even more real for me. I loved seeing the ghouls but I think they were supposed to have a few more human features so you could tell they were human once upon a time. I'm not sure if it's just me but Jean Claude looked more manly than in volume 1 which I liked. Overall, this was a good read.
☀Rachael☀
Mar 08, 2015 ☀Rachael☀ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Old Anita really was awesome!
Anastasiaadamov
Jan 30, 2016 Anastasiaadamov rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
REread
Jackie Bryant
Jan 10, 2014 Jackie Bryant rated it did not like it
Meh. I feel like I wouldn't have known what was going on if I hadn't read book Guilty Pleasures already. Recommend only to hardcore Anita Blake fans.
Theda Black
Oct 21, 2013 Theda Black rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I finally came back to this and finished it. This really makes me long for the early Anita Blake books. Very prettily drawn, especially Phillip, Jean-Claude and Nikolaos (never mind the overload of curls for Anita). Plentiful action, all while keeping a good handle on the characterization of Anita and cohorts.

Phillip still broke my heart. Just like in the novel.
Jan
Jul 23, 2008 Jan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance - Vampire Lovers
Excellent artwork and storyboard scripting!!! I managed to buy the book the day it hit the shelves and read it the minute I got home.

I now plan to put the paperback "Guilty Pleasures" in my TO-READ list. I’ve gotten the feel for Hamilton’s writing and I hope the book has a wee bit more romance in it than the graphic novel did.
Elizabeth Abney
Much like the first collection of Guilty Pleasures comic books. The artwork still isn’t how I picture the characters in my head, but the adaptation is pretty interesting. I doubt I will continue reading the series in graphic novel form though. It just isn’t really my thing.

From my personal collection.
Kari Ramirez
Feb 17, 2011 Kari Ramirez rated it really liked it
Still enjoying the series since it's before things got kind of dull in the later books. It's been awhile since I read these first books so it's almost new again. I still don't get why all the vampires have to have long hair, but it's something I'll have to deal with!
Janet
May 12, 2009 Janet rated it liked it
The cover is very similar to the first volume, and I couldn’t remember if I’d already read this. I flipped it open (in front of the Circulation clerk) to look at a page…and there was Anita in all her glory—buck naked in the shower.
Swimmingurl17
I didn't like the new graphic's in the second half of the book, jean-claude looks way to feminine and ugly, it bothered me but overall a great visual representation of the blood, gore and awsomness that is Anita Blake.
  • Novels by Laurell K. Hamilton: Cerulean Sins, Skin Trade, Flirt
  • Mercy Thompson: Moon Called, Volume 2
  • Witchblade Vol.1: Witch Hunt
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Omnibus, Vol. 2
  • Angel: After the Fall, Volume 1
  • The Vampire Files, Volume 2 (Vampire Files, #4-6)
  • Blood Work (The Hollows Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Charlaine Harris' Grave Sight Part 2 (Grave Sight Graphic Novel, #2)
  • Conversations with the Devil
  • Becoming (Otherworld Stories, #0.09)
  • Richelle Mead's The Dark Swan: Storm Born (volume 1)
  • Dance in the Vampire Bund Vol. 13
  • The Dark-Hunters, Vol. 2 (Dark-Hunter Manga, #2)
  • Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 3
  • Courtney Crumrin's Monstrous Holiday (Courtney Crumrin, #4)
  • Vassalord, Volume 4
  • Underworld: Evolution (Underworld, #3)
  • Witchblade Origins Volume 1 (Witchblade Origins)
Laurell K. Hamilton is one of the leading writers of paranormal fiction. A #1 New York Times bestselling author, Hamilton writes the popular Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter novels and the Meredith Gentry series. She is also the creator of a bestselling comic book series based on her Anita Blake novels and published by Marvel Comics. Hamilton is a full-time writer and lives in the suburbs of St. Louis ...more
More about Laurell K. Hamilton...

Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Graphic Novels (5 books)
  • Anita  Blake, Vampire Hunter: The First Death