The Lady and the Dragon

The Lady and the Dragon

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  85 ratings  ·  9 reviews
A not-so-proper lady on a quest for freedom sneaks aboard the ship of an infamous privateer determined to save his brother and resist love. Who will win this clash of wills? A Runaway Heiress When bold, beautiful Lady Christina Delafield discovered her overbearing grandfather planned to tame her at a Swiss finishing school, Christina stowed away on the first ship leaving L...more
Published September 1st 2008 by Samhain Publishing (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about The Lady and the Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lady and the Dragon

Kathrynn
Nov 04, 2008 Kathrynn rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Historical Pirate Romance Fans
This was not at all what I expected, but still found it to be an enjoyable read. It was a typical historic romance where wealthy damsel (who doesn't like being told what to do) fled her overbearing (but loving) grandparents so she could have freedom. First, she requested passage on a ship going where she needed to go, but after being denied, she stowed away. She had a couple of TSTL (too stupid too live) moments, so be warned. Unbeknownst to her, she was on a pirate ship of her grandfather's nem...more
Ladiibbug
Historical Romance, 4.5 stars

Shelley Bradley, aka Shayla Black, writes a deliciously enjoyable historical adventure ... starring a runaway heiress, Lady Christina, who is fleeing her strict grandfather, who is the Lord Admiral of the British Navy.

Lady Christina's quest for personal freedom and not-so-proper behavior has prompted the Lord Admiral to tame the girl by sending her away to a Swiss finishing school.

Lady Christina stows away on the first ship leaving London harbor, which turns out to b...more
Puna
Only finished this one because I've been rather impatient with books lately so i figured I'd complete it rather than just delete once I realized the heroine was just TSTL. The hero was way too nice when he thought "She was rash, unthinking, lacking in genuine understanding of the world." Brain dead would have been a better description. *possible spoiler* A guy she slept with & supposedly fell in with cuts his long hair, shaves his bread, removes his earring, loses his tan & takes off a m...more
Armanus_Gal
I have never written a review, however, this book gives me pause to take a moment and share.
I'm not sure how I came across the knowledge of this book, I just know that I am grateful that I did!
The antics of the main characters left me wanting to read on and mixed with the story line, it is a perfect combination. I enjoyed every aspect of this book!
It was very difficult for me to put this book down and I look forward to reading more by this author.
Linda
An early Shelley Bradley, lady Christina runaways to escape her grandfathers threat with swiss school. She happens upon Black Dragon who´s intended to kidnap her in exchange of his brother. He doesn´t realize what´s right under his nose. =) Love the book, the beginning was a bit cliché but it soon got more intriguing and by the end i was pleasantly surprised. Love Shayla Black´s writing in all forms.
Darcy
I wasn't sure about this one when I picked it up, but I really like this author's other books. This one ended up not being for me. Historicals are not usually my thing, and the whole pirate thing with a mask hiding his face, and the girl on the run from her evil Grandfather was just too over the top for me.
travelmel
Wow, just looked at the rest of the books by this author and they are all bodice rippers. I got it at the library in order to get a "big girl read" and it looked adventurous. Not sure now.
Nai
There is nothing SB cannot write. I very much enjoyed this book!
Jena
Found this very romantic and I liked the setting.
Mari Järvenpää
Mari Järvenpää marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Angel Ruess
Angel Ruess marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Jeri
Jeri added it
Jul 31, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Helen
Helen added it
Jul 04, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Barbara Xedos
Barbara Xedos marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Melissa Vasel
Melissa Vasel marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Bound and Determined (Sexy Capers, #1) Strip Search (Sexy Capers, #2) Watch Me Sneak Peek One Wicked Night