Start by marking “The Complete Plays, Vol. 1: 1989-1998” as Want to Read:
The Complete Plays, Vol. 1: 1989-1998

The Complete Plays, Vol. 1: 1989-1998

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  5 reviews
I am a woman; I am an American; I am a mother; I sometimes write for television, and I sometimes write movies; I play the piano; I knit; I rail at the universe; I am angry; I am sad; I am a comic realist, a misanthrope, and an idealist. There are many ways to categorize me and my work. But for myself, I would most like to be considered a playwright. - Theresa Rebeck, Intro ...more
Published December 1st 1999 by Smith & Kraus

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Plays, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Plays, Vol. 1

Allison
I LOVED Spike Heels. I finished it around 5am and was so thrilled that I had a hard time going back to sleep. I had to write/yell about how funny and important and original it was. You should read it!

Sunday On the Rocks just got to me. I'm not sure why but it put me in a strange mood...strange in a good way. I'd love to see it performed or get to work on it.

Loose Knit was started because around 5am and was almost finished in one sitting. As exhilarating as Spike Heels but with the bizarre additi
Kristen
Sep 16, 2007 Kristen rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: actors
These plays are so witty and human. Rebeck was recommended to me as an author that "gets" women. I get lost in these plays within the first 2 pages of each. Vivid characters and monologues that will hopefully help me win jobs! The only reason I don't give them 5 stars is sometimes the use of the f-bomb seems a bit excessive.
Sam
Apr 03, 2010 Sam rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: play
This anthology includes 12 of Theresa Rebeck's plays spanning 1989-1998, like "Spike Heels" and "Does this Woman Have a Name?" with introductions forwarding each group of plays.
Bryn
She really, really good at writing about white women. And other stuff.
Krk5000
One of my favorite playwrights. She writes women really well.
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Mishe
Mishe marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Carolyn
Carolyn is currently reading it
May 31, 2014
Polina Go
Polina Go marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Limor
Limor added it
Nov 29, 2013
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2013
Chuck O'Connor
Chuck O'Connor marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2013
Amanda
Amanda added it
Mar 28, 2013
Miranda
Miranda marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2013
Myles Mchale
Myles Mchale marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2013
Joleine
Joleine marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2013
Billie
Billie added it
Dec 05, 2012
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Theresa Rebeck is a playwright. She also works as a television writer. Her input went into popular shows such as Dream On, Brooklyn Bridge, L.A. Law, American Dreamer, Maximum Bob, First Wave, and Third Watch.
She also wrote and produced Canterbury’s Law, Smith, Law and Order: Criminal Intent and NYPD Blue.
Ms. Rebeck has an MFA in Playwrighting and a PhD. in Victorian Melodrama, from Brandeis Univ
More about Theresa Rebeck...
Three Girls and Their Brother Twelve Rooms With a View Seminar Spike Heels Mauritius