Start by marking “110 Perc” as Want to Read:
110 Perc

110 Perc

Meet Cathy, Gerty and Sasha, three friends with one thing in common: their absolute obsession with the boy band, 110 Per[. Unfortunately, deception is getting the better of them, and in the course of this story, relationships will crumble, laws will be broken, and lives will be shattered. Watch as these three friends lie, cheat, and steal to try and get closer to a boy ...more
Published June 13th 2006 by Top Shelf Productions

To ask other readers questions about 110 Perc, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 110 Perc

Sam Quixote
Dec 29, 2014 Sam Quixote rated it really liked it
I know Tony Consiglio from The Ink Panthers Show podcast where he usually drops in every now and then and completely livens up the episode with his funny stories, brilliant comic timing, and quick wit. It’s a shame the podcast is now twice-yearly (or thereabouts) instead of weekly or even monthly because Consiglio’s stories remain some of the most entertaining podcast episodes I’ve ever listened to.

Like the Ink Panthers hosts Mike Dawson and Alex Robinson, Consiglio is also an indie comics arti
Matt Graupman
Mar 26, 2015 Matt Graupman rated it really liked it
Looking over the other reviews here on Goodreads, it's pretty obvious that Tony Consiglio's "110 Perc(ent)" is a pretty divisive book. Its story of three older woman and their fanatic love for a cheesy boy band called 110 Perc(ent), the way it disrupts their so-called "real" lives, can come off as somewhat mean-spirited to some but I believe Consiglio has a genuine sympathy for his characters. I'd be willing to bet that Consiglio, like most comic creators, has his own obsessive passions and this ...more
Gayle Francis Moffet
Jan 08, 2014 Gayle Francis Moffet rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, 2014, january-2014
Having been a hyper-fannish person at a point, I can really relate to the women in this book. Yeah, they're at least ten years older than me at the youngest, but it doesn't change the devotion or understanding of what that devotion can bring.

Consiglio focuses about 1/3rd on the negative results of hyper-fannishness and the other 2/3rds showing the shades of gray, not just in the hyper-fannishness but also in the lives of two of the three women who make up the narrative. Why do women far beyond
Alice
Feb 20, 2013 Alice rated it did not like it
Dave
Feb 22, 2014 Dave rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
I think a lot of these reviews suffer from expectations. I read the book as part of the Ink Panthers podcast book club, a show where Tony is a frequent guest. I knew what I was getting into, and this wouldn't be a straight ahead story about a boy band.

I enjoyed the art, I liked the story and found the whole thing enjoyable. It was dark with several characters behaving atrociously. I liked that each of the main characters had a satisfying character arc - some going up but others going down. I wou
WildFlowerMay
Apr 23, 2011 WildFlowerMay rated it liked it
Pushed as a comical story, I was very disappointed when I realized it's a drama.
The 3 main female characters are potrayed as pathetic, middle aged women going through a mid-life crisis by obsessing over a teen boy band.

Although I enjoyed the book, the brutally painful portrayal of the verbally abused wife and the graphic portrayal of the perv, were a little hard for me to handle. This book is definately for a mature teen or older audience.

Suzanne
Jun 05, 2011 Suzanne rated it it was ok
I should have loved this--it was about adult women who are fanatics about a boy band. I love teen culture and so this should have been right up my alley. Instead, it was just OK. Maybe that is b/c the characters were not great. They were generally just stereotypes of 50-year-old women. I basically read it in one sitting though, so it was compelling enough to stick with it.
Acton Northrop
Aug 18, 2016 Acton Northrop rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
A random find at a used bookstore, the quotes from Alex Robinson and Ivan Brunetti sold me. A great surprise, funny, humane and cruel in equal measure. I'll be tracking down the rest of Consiglio's stuff if you need me.
CeeMarie
Aug 04, 2016 CeeMarie rated it liked it
What an original and interesting comic! It definitely made me feel sad and irritated and then glad and angry - all of these things for these female characters.
Shiraloo
Shiraloo rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2015
Grayson
Grayson rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2014
LP
LP rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2014
Waldolala
Waldolala rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2013
Karen
Karen rated it did not like it
Jan 23, 2012
Gazbot
Gazbot rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2014
Jesse
Jesse rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2011
Jason Speros
Jason Speros rated it it was ok
Aug 30, 2010
Sean
Sean rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2009
Kaylon
Kaylon rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2008
Lauren
Lauren rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2008
Kate
Kate rated it it was ok
Oct 06, 2013
Elise Baker
Elise Baker rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2011
Leon
Leon rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2011
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was ok
Jun 13, 2014
Yeshua
Yeshua rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2012
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2009
Daniel Dowler
Daniel Dowler rated it liked it
Feb 15, 2015
Ed Erwin
Ed Erwin rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2012
Jordan
Jordan rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2012
Doug Bellak
Doug Bellak rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2012