Start by marking “Mommy Loves” as Want to Read:
Mommy Loves

Mommy Loves

Board Book, 14 pages
Published March 31st 2005 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about Mommy Loves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mommy Loves

Dianna
Oct 31, 2010 Dianna rated it really liked it
There are several fun things you can do with this book. Each page presents a mother animal and her children. You can learn the names of the animals and their babies; you can talk about what sounds the animals make (that's what I did with my 16-month-old); and you can count, because each mother has an increasing number of young. The pictures are lovely, simple, and recognizable.
Samantha
Oct 04, 2008 Samantha rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: toddlers and their parents
Recommended to Samantha by: my brother and his wife
Shelves: children
This remains one of my toddler's favorite and most "used" board books, as I reminded daily by the lovingly chewed-off corners. We've been reading them together since her first birthday, and she's almost three now. With this book in particular, she enjoys counting how many animal babies are on each page. I'm convinced it gave her a love for numbers early on.

I was given this and two other books in the series, Mommy Hugs and Daddy Kisses as gifts. They are wonderful and worth owning, too. I only ju
Aug 12, 2009 Jennifer rated it really liked it
A concept board book for counting that also introduces the names for baby animals of ten different species, Mommy Loves is particularly good for introducing numbers because it prints the appropriate numeral on each page instead of just leaving readers to count the figures. However, a colleague pointed out that some children may be confused by the mother animal being one extra number each time. Georg Hallensleben illustrates in oils(?) with bold contrasting colors and brushstrokes that give the p ...more
Angie
May 30, 2013 Angie rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
Synopsis: "Animal babies are so adorable that their mommies can't help but cuddle and love them. In this celebration of parental love, each mommy shows how much she loves her baby in her own special way."

My Review:This is my favorite of the set of books! Mommy animals love all their babies. The book uses the correct names for the babies. The images are all cute. And guess what . . . its also a counting book!
Nadia
Mar 27, 2011 Nadia rated it it was amazing
Saw this book at the SD Zoo, and fell in love with it!! I don't have children yet, and not planning on it for at least 6 more years, but I couldn't resist getting this book for future. It has pretty pictures and is very educational! Can't wait to put it to use!
Meg McGregor
Mar 06, 2014 Meg McGregor rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-lexi
A beautiful board book your little one will ask for over and over again.

Each Mommy and little one(s) are drawn with love and care.

You can also count the babies on each page and the name of each baby animal is given.

Wonderful book.
Jessica Nekuda
May 26, 2016 Jessica Nekuda rated it it was amazing
i read this to my son and i loved it. i really need it at times like when he is being bratty :) i love the illustrations and how its only a few simple words per page.
Mary
Apr 07, 2016 Mary rated it it was amazing
This is a keepsake book that my girls had me read to them over and over. Its great and its going in our memory box.
Polly
Aug 16, 2011 Polly rated it liked it
Are baby mice really called pinkies?
Indah Threez Lestari
121 - 2016
Ellen
Apr 25, 2007 Ellen rated it really liked it
A fine toddler board book, with beautiful illustrations. I give it 4 starts because Sophie is addicted to the whole series- Daddy Cuddles, Mama Kisses . . . We read it seven times before bed.
David Garber
David Garber rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2013
Juni
Juni rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2014
Amity
Amity rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2010
Spawn
Spawn rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2016
Ashley
Ashley rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2016
Marie
Marie rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2008
Jeffrey Stasko
Jeffrey Stasko rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2016
Maeve
Maeve rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2011
Amanda Banks
Amanda Banks rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2013
Valerie
Valerie rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2016
Leah
Leah rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2009
Derek and Hugh
Derek and Hugh rated it it was ok
Nov 16, 2011
Marisela
Marisela rated it it was ok
Jan 07, 2010
Lucy
Lucy rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2013
Kenneth
Kenneth rated it liked it
May 11, 2015
Laura Vogt
Laura Vogt rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2014
Linnea
Linnea rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2016
Alli
Alli rated it did not like it
May 01, 2017