Start by marking “Caught (Gemini Men, #1)” as Want to Read:
Caught (Gemini Men, #1)

Caught (Gemini Men #1)

3.92  ·  Rating Details ·  1,641 Ratings  ·  84 Reviews
Ex-military. Tall. Chiselled. Intelligent and arrogant. And so hot he's on fire. That's Ethan Taggart. Male to the max. Toni Crawford, computer genius turned PI, can't stop looking at him and Ethan's returning the favour. Nice and slow. Those piercing blue eyes of his are about to melt her down but...nothing doing. Toni has to stay cool. Focus on the assignment: the teenag ...more
Published October 1st 2008 by Brava (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Caught, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Caught

Holly
I liked this book but it made it to 3.50 stars by the hair of it's chinny chin chin. The heroine nearly killed this book for me. She was one of those girls who has to make everything harder than it needs to be. And the hero was a manwhore. Who happens to be packing ten inches in his pants. *eyeroll*

But my gripes about the H/H aside, this was pretty good. The plot was Shannon McKenna-esque though overall I thought Jami Alden was missing the intensity Shannon McKenna brings to all her stories. *s
Gina
Feb 18, 2013 Gina rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense

This was a fun, entertaining read. This was book 1 of the Gemini Men Series, it's about 3 brothers running a security company. This book was about Ethan, the brother who plays the field, can sweet talk women into falling for his killer smile and charming ways. Gemini is hired by Jerry Kramer when his daughter is missing (everyone thinks she has simply run away). Ethan meets Toni at the same time, an investigator as well hired by Jerry's ex-wife for the same reason. While Toni is immediately attr
Shawna
4 stars – Romantic Suspense

Caught, the first in Jami Alden's Gemini Men series, is an intriguing romantic suspense with a very sexy, likable alpha male hero and a smart and feisty heroine. Caught has just the right mix and balance of mystery, suspense, and romance.
Miss Kim
Jan 23, 2009 Miss Kim rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Lucy Monroe's Mercenaries
I loved Ms. Alden's Gemeni men. I can't wait to read Dereks' story next. I loved Ethan and his computer nerd, Toni.
Dee
My first from JA and was pleased that I really enjoyed it.....Time to find more by her :)
P
Aug 19, 2014 P rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense-romance
(view spoiler) ...more
ElaineY
I came across something about the heroine that made me go Eww -
Toni, the heroine, was hoping the hero didn't notice the stubble on her knee where she missed shaving. I know some women are more hirsute than others but I've never known one to have hair on her KNEES!

Apart apart from that epiphanous moment, Caught is just an average read. No suspense even though they're looking for a missing teen and neither are the sex scenes erotic. Ethan is a ten-incher, IIRC, but that's about it. It wasn't wort
Nikki
This is one of my favorite romantic suspense books! There was lots of action to keep my interest, lots of hot sex, a plot that was intriguing and even though we pretty much knew what the bad guy was up to, the wondering about how and when the good guys were gonna find out and come to the rescue kept me glued to my kindle! I loved Toni! She was a badass in her in her own nerd girl way! Ethan was a smokin hot playboy who tamed himself for the right girl! *sigh* Loved it!
Anne OK
Oct 14, 2009 Anne OK rated it really liked it
Romance was HOT! Maybe more than I bargained for -- but a new author in the romantic suspense category always catches my attention.
Sabrina
Mar 02, 2015 Sabrina rated it really liked it
description

Ethan Taggert formerly-known-as Lancelot while serving in the Navy, is a HUNK of a man who's never been much into relationships, never cared to and never will be. He can pick and choose...seriously...he can. Either you are 50 or 15, you'll be charmed and hooked. He's considered the pretty boy at Gemini Security and he knows it.

Toni Crawford is a PI who lacks confidence in herself where men are involved. Boyfriend cheated on her. Parents fought all the time when she was a child. Now as a PI shes
Ruth
Great book just hums along. The plot is solid, but let's face it, it's the steam scenes that are just superb. Well-written, no icky stuff and just plain steam. Hero is something of a gorgeous manwhore, and the heroine is absolutely great. I love that she's a geek, who doesn't suddenly develop hitherto unknown martial arts or weaponry skills, but isn't a no-hoper type either. Going straight on to the second book, although Scary Danny intrigues me too, so it'll be a Gemini weekend for me!!
Jill
Feb 08, 2013 Jill rated it really liked it
4.5* Loved the leads. Toni was such a nice break from the wishy washy, annoying females I have read lately. And she wasn't named Eva or Ava! Ethan was tough but vunerable, and give or take a millimeter, was awesome. Loved the slow build and them not having sex within the first 4 pages. Can't wait to get to know the rest of the family!
Bronwyn Rykiert
Jan 06, 2011 Bronwyn Rykiert rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series, romance
This book was hot! This is the first story in a series of 3 about the Taggart brothers, Danny, Derek and Ethan – all are ex military and running their own security business called Gemini Securities.

Ethan Taggart is called to home of one of his clients, Jerry Kramer whose 17 old daughter Kara has gone missing. Toni Crawford, a computer genius turned PI is there too at the request of Kramer’s ex wife Marcy. Toni is not letting Ethan out of her sight and visa versa.

They find out things about Kara t
Brandy *Ahviel*
Aug 26, 2009 Brandy *Ahviel* rated it really liked it
The chemistry between Ethan and Toni is exciting. Toni puts off the attitude that she does not care about the world and Ethan is the type of male that just walks into her life and makes her realize that the front that she was putting up is fake.
Ethan is the type of man that is not looking for a relationship. Casual one nights are all that the can think about right now and is happy with the way things are going until one of his clients call him and tells him that his teenage daughter is missing.
Lauri
Apr 21, 2009 Lauri rated it it was amazing
I happened upon this book and this author via a Duck Chat at The Good, The Bad and The Unread. Lucky me I participated and managed to snag myself an autographed copy. This story snagged me from the word go (okay, it doesn't start with that actual word but you get my drift). The first in a series Caught revolves around Love 'em and Leave 'em Ethan Taggart and don't Love 'em just Leave 'em Toni Crawford. More alike than they'd like to admit these two investigators find themselves forced to work to ...more
ツ Renée
Mar 18, 2012 ツ Renée rated it really liked it
Great start to this series! I loved Ethan. He was sexy, arrogant, funny, and totally male. I thought he and Toni had explosive chemistry. She was an adorable super geek – great with computers, not so great with the opposite sex. I loved the exchanges between them. And damn, the sex was hot.

There were two stories going on that I found equally interesting: Toni and Ethan’s growing relationship and joint investigation, and the mystery surrounding Ethan’s mom. I’m hooked and I cannot wait to read D
Marran
Jul 23, 2012 Marran rated it really liked it
I quite liked this one maybe more 3.5 then 4 though...I liked the characters although all this about we cant be in love already bullsh*t that so many romance writers like to throw in there and have the heroin whine over is a bit annoying...

the suspense part was all right and the sex was smoking *fan self*
Melissa
Aug 06, 2010 Melissa rated it liked it
Caught is about a teenage who gets kidnapped. The PI that is hired by the mother and the security company by her father. The two are untrusting of each other but fall in love. A decent naughty read.
Bianca
I really enjoyed this book!! I loved the chemistry between H/h! The villains at the end were a little bumbling to actually be scary!
Nichole
Feb 23, 2010 Nichole rated it it was amazing
This book has a wonderful story about kidnapping and private investigators. It does have sexual scenes in it, so if you are young make sure it is okay that you read it.
Nina
I couldn't stand this. Very shallow characterizations and rather bland, if not bad, writing.
Mom
Hot! Racy! I liked the characters and the story line. I really like the ex-military types I guess.
Sandy
Jan 11, 2017 Sandy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: leido
Perfectoooooooooooo!!!
Lyndi
Aug 22, 2014 Lyndi rated it it was ok
Shelves: heroine-ruins-it
1.5 stars I haaate females like this! They'll fuck a guy they met yesterday, but think poorly of him the whole time.

"I can't believe a word he says, he'll probably say anything to get laid" comes up in the same paragraph as "I'm not good enough for him, he probably thinks I'm no different than any other warm hole he's gotten inside of." What the hell? That's not normal thinking.

This character, Toni, is abrasive, cowardly, immature, contrary, and churlish. It is not a good combination. And she t
Donnelle
Apr 11, 2010 Donnelle rated it really liked it
Holly
Jul 13, 2012 Holly rated it it was amazing
Ethan is an ex military man and part of a trio of his and his 2 brothers who own a securities business. Typically taking high profile clients and the wealthy. Toni is a PI who spends late nights staking out hotels for cheating husbands, then hours on the computer doing computer forensics work. They are both called to come to the aide of an afluent couple whose daughter has gone missing overnight. (The father calls Ethan and the mother calls Toni). While Ethan is a total player, Toni is relativel ...more
Danielle Gypsy Soul
I wanted to like this book more than I did. It had a great plot with the potential for a ton of action and suspense but somehow it just didn't deliver. Maybe because both the H/h spent more time thinking about how much they wanted to have sex with the other or how hot the other person was then they did worrying about the missing teen. Seriously, the thoughts about each other's anatomy were every other paragraph. Then there was a lot of sex, which I don't mind if there's a lot of story to go with ...more
B&p
Dec 09, 2012 B&p rated it really liked it
���������������������������������
��������� : ������������������������������������������������������������ Ethan������������������������������������������������������������������������������ ��������������������������� ��������� ������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������ ���������������������������������
- ������������������������������������������������������������������������������������
- ����������������������������������������
Sheri
Sep 06, 2011 Sheri rated it liked it
This is my second Jami Alden. I liked BEG FOR MERCY better, but this was enjoyable and the sex was satisfyingly hot. I like the premise of the three brothers who, after attending military academies and serving time in the military, have their own security firm.

Ethan is one of the beautiful people, so gorgeous a regular gal can't believe he'd ever be serious about her. I enjoyed Ethan using his looks to manipulate just about every woman he comes into contact with while not succumbing to vanity.
Mareli
Jun 22, 2011 Mareli rated it really liked it
More 3.5 than 4

It was not a bad story, even if the heroine with a body of an amazon felt inferior to him who probably was a god on Earth... when the couple is so striking I feel a little uncomfortable.

The story was good, a good plot. I was worried about the theme because selling little girls for sex is a bit hard for me to read but it was not morbid.

Instead I thought very realistic this strange thing of those little girls, who put naked pics of themselves on the net. This kind of things makes me
  • Pursuit
  • Shoot to Thrill (Passion For Danger, #1)
  • Never Say Never (Callahan Brothers, #2)
  • Ready (Mercenary Trilogy, #1)
  • No Turning Back (Suspense Series, #3)
  • Moving Target
  • Hold on Tight (Hold Trilogy, #3)
  • Defender (Dark Ops, #1)
  • Hot Night
  • Hidden Fire (Firefighters of Station Five, #3)
  • Into the Crossfire (Protectors, #1)
  • Naked Truth (Dragon One #1)
  • No Regrets (Delta Force, #1)
Like so many romance readers, my first romance novel was by Kathleen Woodiwiss - The Flame and the Flower, to be exact. I was thirteen. I spent the next month working my way through her entire back list. Shortly thereafter I discovered Judith McNaught, Johanna Lindsey, Karen Robards, Catherine Coulter, Shirlee Busbee among others, and devoured their lavish historical epics full of overbearing alph ...more
More about Jami Alden...

Gemini Men (3 books)
  • Kept (Gemini Men, #2)
  • Unleashed (Gemini Men, #3)