Start by marking “How to Speak Dog!: The Essential Guide to Understanding Your Pet” as Want to Read:
How to Speak Dog!: The Essential Guide to Understanding Your Pet

How to Speak Dog!: The Essential Guide to Understanding Your Pet

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  8 reviews
How to Speak Dog! Discover why he wags his tail, how he tells you he wants to play, and why he sniffs other dogs. Find out how you can talk to your pet so he'll respond in the way you want, from training him to sit and stay, to letting him know it's time for a walk. Learn new games for you and your dog to play together, and amazing tricks to wow your friends! Full descript ...more
Published October 31st 2007 by A & C Black Publishers Ltd (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about How to Speak Dog!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Speak Dog!

LeilaK9
This book is so detailed and really helps to better understand what your dog is trying to tell you. It is very easy to read, and has a lot of fun activities for your dog to do!
Kristen
Perfect for elementary-aged students who recently got a dog or who will get one soon. Covers training, natural behaviors, and fun tricks in a kid-friendly way.
Karen
This book is very informative and practical for learning about dogs and how to train them. It is geared to kids but I liked it too because it's easy to read and very attractive with lots of colored pages and pictures. It gives step-by-step instructions for teaching dogs specific commands and checklists to evaluate if the dog has mastered the trick. It also includes some game suggestions for playing with your dog. I give it 4 paws up!
Stephanie
My son brought this home from the school library and I snagged it. Great info for a quick read. I love hearing him quote things from the book about what we should/shouldn't be doing with our new pup.
Su Williams
Jul 29, 2013 Su Williams rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone with a dog
This is a great book my daughter got at a book fair about 5 years ago. Our dog has learned some fabulous tricks and we still refer back to it. I recommend this book all the time to new dog owners.
Kristin
Great book for kids - my 7-year-old has loved it. Many adult dog owners would also benefit from reading it!
Cheryl
Well-organized dog training guide with plenty of pictures to help illustrate the text.
Voracious
Excellent for primary-school aged children.
Lacy
Lacy marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Brie
Brie added it
May 14, 2015
Karim
Karim marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Chris Hansford
Chris Hansford marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
MKIM
MKIM marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Tanya Lueck
Tanya Lueck marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
BGCC
BGCC marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Sandra Pfeifer
Sandra Pfeifer marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Nichole Ponzer
Nichole Ponzer marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Anne Carroll
Anne Carroll marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Jodi Horsley
Jodi Horsley marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Carly
Carly added it
May 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Clever Dog - The Secrets Your Dog Wants You to Know How To Speak Cat Puppy Training for Kids The Complete Guide to the Dog Mind Games For Dogs - Dogwise Solutions