Start by marking “A Tale for Easter” as Want to Read:
A Tale for Easter

A Tale for Easter

4.03  ·  Rating Details  ·  102 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Delight in the magic of Easter with this springtime tale from Caldecott Honoree Tasha Tudor, now available as a Classic Board Book.You can never tell what might happen on Easter… You might find colored eggs waiting in your shoes, or a basket of ducklings at your kitchen table, or a sweet bunny in Grandma’s rocking chair.

Now available in a Classic Board Book edition, and wi
Published December 12th 1985 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 1969)

To ask other readers questions about A Tale for Easter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Tale for Easter

Literary Mama
From "Essential Reading: Seasons" by Literary Mama staff:

When I think of seasons, I think instantly of Tasha Tudor, who rendered them so beautifully in her books—and who, during my sodden Northwest childhood, gave me an idea of what summer and winter could be like for people who didn't live on the edge of a temperate rain forest. Now that I live in New England, it has been a special pleasure to revisit Tudor's oeuvre with my boys as we go Around the Year. For our family, it's not summer without
Kathryn
This is definitely old-fashioned ("you may find a basket of ducklings beside your porridge on Easter morning") but that's part of the charm. The storytelling is just so-so, though a few phrases are lovely like "finding the stardust on the daffodils with your eyes closed" or the idea of dreaming of a beautiful fawn that will carry you to meet all sorts of darling Easter-time animals like ducklings and bunnies. The illustrations, however, are classic Tasha Tudor and I adore them.
Jill
Apr 16, 2016 Jill rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How people observe Easter in other faiths and eras intrigues me. This simple book of Easter celebration and countdown is beautiful. A little girl is shown preparing for Easter as the author acknowledges a child will not know when Easter is near until the hit cross buns on good Friday appear. The girl goes out to talk with her chickens about laying many eggs for the celebration on Sunday and waking to colored eggs in her shoe or perhaps a bonnet.

This is a holiday celebration I can support, much m
Trisha Hope
A Tale For Easter is a story about good little boys and girls getting all their presents for Easter. It combines both the meaning and story line about Christmas with Easter, creating a new intricate story line.
The art work is beautifully illustrated and kept simple yet illagent.
Alison Stewart
The illustrations in this book are very sweet, but the story is old fashioned so my kids didn't relate at all and were rather bored by it.
Mckinley
Oct 19, 2014 Mckinley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture, easter
I (still) love her stuff.
Margaret
Oct 23, 2013 Margaret rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Margaret by: Memoria Press Kindergarten
I love these books from Tasha Tudor, they make me think of childhood. On my wishlist, wondering what the difference will be with the 2013 rerelease edition.
Leah
Aug 07, 2009 Leah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Tasha Tudor's gorgeous little drawings tell the story of Easter. Really cute for little ones.
Maren Prestegaard
Feb 23, 2013 Maren Prestegaard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spring
very old fashioned. a vintage copy of this would be very cute for an Easter basket.
Emily
Apr 15, 2009 Emily rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very old fashioned but I loved it.
Shiloah
Perfect for my 2 year old.
Juliette
Read to me by my Grandmamá!
Groovy
Aug 18, 2008 Groovy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ohhhhh, so sweet.
Cristina
Cristina marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
Kristina
Kristina marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Paige
Paige marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
atelierstorytime
atelierstorytime marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
AC Barnes
AC Barnes marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Katherine
Katherine rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2016
Katie Casey
Katie Casey rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2016
S Economy
S Economy marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
Courtney Stout
Courtney Stout marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2016
Keir Bridges
Keir Bridges marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2016
Anna
Anna added it
Mar 16, 2016
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2016
Eradist
Eradist rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2016
Kellie
Kellie rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2016
Irena
Irena added it
Feb 03, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Tasha Tudor was an American illustrator and author of children's books.
More about Tasha Tudor...