Start by marking “Sixth-Grade Sleepover” as Want to Read:
Sixth-Grade Sleepover

Sixth-Grade Sleepover

Janey worries that the sixth grade Rabbit Reading Club's all-night sleepover will expose her fear of the dark, but it turns out that she is not the only member with a secret.
Published November 1st 1996 by Scholastic (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Sixth-Grade Sleepover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sixth-Grade Sleepover

Katie Fitzgerald
Sixth-Grade Sleepover by Eve Bunting is an Apple paperback published in 1986. Janey, the first-person narrator of the book, is a sixth grader, and a member of a class club called R.A.B.B.I.T.S., which stands for the group's main activity: Read a Book, Bring it to School. The Rabbits are enthusiastic about reading, they have a secret bunny signal, and they work with Mr. Puttinski (Putt Putt), their regular teacher, as well as Mrs. Golden (Goldie), a reading teacher. As a reward for their hard wor ...more
Peacha
Mar 03, 2012 Peacha rated it liked it
Shelves: cliquey-pizza
Great jolly story , that manages to incorporate a heavy theme ( being afraid of the dark because of a traumatic event ) without ever becoming heavy-handed. The book centers around members of a reading club called R.A.B.B.I.T.S -( Read a book bring it to school ) who are about to have an overnight read-in at the school. While the news is exciting ( the sleepover is co-ed ) , Janey doesn't think she can get past her fear even though her wonderfully supportive bestfriend Claudia suggests they can h ...more
Angelina
Mar 23, 2016 Angelina rated it really liked it
night terrors and reading clubs!
Amanda
Mar 28, 2010 Amanda rated it really liked it
This was a really good book, but I don't remember it perfectly well.

I read this book a long time ago and do not really remember it. I don’t know what else to say about it besides that I recommend it to kids 9 and up (Maybe older depends on the kid) and that everyone should read it. I may not remember this book to well but I know I did enjoy reading it.
Jessica
Aug 05, 2011 Jessica rated it it was amazing
I read this book when I was in or around the 6th grade. I thought it was a great story about friends, fears, and crushes (everything I felt at that time). Told from a girls perspective it was funny and easy to read.
Hannah
Feb 27, 2010 Hannah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had to read it for for school. i thought that it would be boring but it gets interisting.
Zana
Aug 04, 2012 Zana rated it it was amazing
When I was younger, I read this a million times. It was one of my favorite books.
Dakota
Apr 08, 2013 Dakota rated it liked it
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
Locus
Locus marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2016
Briana
Briana marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Kirsten Johnson
Kirsten Johnson marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2016
Adela Bider
Adela Bider rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2016
Amandalynn
Amandalynn marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Aless Garza
Aless Garza marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Holly
Holly added it
May 31, 2016
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2016
Billy
Billy marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Kim
Kim rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2016
Natalie Sorrentino
Natalie Sorrentino marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
19126
Also known as Evelyn Bolton and A.E. Bunting.

Anne Evelyn Bunting, better known as Eve Bunting, is an author with more than 250 books. Her books are diverse in age groups, from picture books to chapter books, and topic, ranging from Thanksgiving to riots in Los Angeles. Eve Bunting has won several awards for her works.

Bunting went to school in Ireland and grew up with storytelling. In Ireland, “The
More about Eve Bunting...