Start by marking “Paddington at Work (Paddington Bear, #7)” as Want to Read:
Paddington at Work (Paddington Bear, #7)

Paddington at Work (Paddington Bear #7)

Stories of Paddington Bear have delighted children all over the world for more than fifty years.

"Do you realise," said Mrs Brown, a few days after Paddington had returned from visiting his aunt in Peru, "we haven't had a single disaster since he came back."

But Paddington soon makes up for lost time. The Stock Exchange, the ballet, the barber's shop, Mr Curry's kitchen... n
Paperback, Reissue, 158 pages
Published June 2nd 2008 by HarperCollins Children’s Books (first published March 3rd 1967)

To ask other readers questions about Paddington at Work, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paddington at Work

Mark O'Neill
With only three books to go (including this one) until I have read all the Paddington books available, I read this one very slowly savouring it and enjoying it as much as possible. As usual it was totally brilliant. Paddington's wit and charm shining through just like all the other books but especially in this book as Paddington decides it's time to go to work and start making some money![return][return]At the beginning of the book, he is coming back on the boat from Darkest Peru after visiting ...more
Mark
Another collection of the (mis)adventures of Paddington Bear. This one starts with him returning from a visit back to Peru on a Cruise Liner when he is unexpectedly joined by the Brown family. He then gets involved with the cabaret act on board before returning home. Back home he is nearly fleeced by a fraudulent share dealer and then visits the Stock Exchange. Later he has a go at helping Mr Curry with some DIY work (which doesn't turn out as planned). He also tries his hand as a hairdresser an ...more
Michele
These books are so fun to read out loud. They're great for having kids think about the story and guess what might have happened to poor Paddington. And since each chapter is a story in itself you don't have to worry about cliff hanger endings!
Megan
Apr 08, 2011 Megan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The seventh Paddington book includes the following stories: A Bear at Sea, Anchors Away, Paddington Buys a Share, A Visit to the Stock Exchange, Paddington in a Hole, Too Much off the Top and Paddington Steps Out. My favorite of these are Paddington Buys a Share, A Visit to the Stock Exchange and Anchors Away. In this adventure Paddington comes back to England from his visit to Peru with his Aunt Lucy. While back in England he gets a job at a barber shop, buys a stock and goes to Judy's school a ...more
Dark-Draco
Nov 20, 2015 Dark-Draco rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun-filled lunch break reading this classic. Paddington once again gets up to lots of mischief - catching fraudsters, cutting hair, dressing up and going to work. There's sticky marmalade mayhem wherever he goes - all written in Bond's excellent humorous style. I particularly enjoyed the ballet adventure.
Jen Pritchard
Jun 12, 2015 Jen Pritchard rated it it was ok
My favourite story was "Paddington in a Hole" - Paddington's attempts at home repairs are always rather humorous.

I do like the way Paddington often mistakes English words that have more than one meaning. My favourite in this book was when he imagined the woman at the tuck shop who had "laid on some special marmalade sandwiches" to have done so in the literal sense!!!
mtthw
Mar 19, 2008 mtthw rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
i have a box set of these books that were given to me as a child. i always wanted to like marmalade as a kid and made my mom buy it at the store all the time, but i just never like it. i do now. funny how tastebuds change.
Charity
Mar 28, 2015 Charity rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
Although he really enjoyed the last chapter with the Russian ballet dancer, I think my son's interest in this series is flagging. This works for me as I'm ready for a break anyway. We've read so much Paddington lately, I'm starting to dislike marmalade, and I've never even had it before.
Jitse
Sep 04, 2015 Jitse rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bookshelf
Lovely little book! Love the British way of storytelling :)
C
Oct 14, 2008 C rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
Re-reading this one out loud with kid #2, who is 9 and ready to figure out the British-isms enough to catch the jokes. Paddington never disappoints.
J.J.
Jan 19, 2015 J.J. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-books
My kids love Paddington and his antics!
Aug 12, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a cute story about our favorite little bear- Paddington. A classic indeed.
Kaethe
Jul 16, 2014 Kaethe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Paddington carries on eating elevensies and getting into trouble.
Beverly
Dec 28, 2011 Beverly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My wonderful little keeps being wonderful in his intent that usually goes arry but always turns into an unexpected result that is better than what was intended.
Elisa Clawson
Six of twelve
Elizabeth
Jul 03, 2014 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Paddington!
Allie
Dec 10, 2014 Allie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While I would not categorize all the stories in this collection as "work," it does make for an endearing read.
Cws
JAR5-Bon
Laura rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2012
Dorota
Dorota rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2012
Kara
Kara rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2012
ashleigh
ashleigh rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2015
Jill
Jill rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2016
Heidi
Heidi rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2014
BooksintheBlood
BooksintheBlood rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2017
Michele Brenton
Michele Brenton rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2012
Arenda
Arenda rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2013
Joana Rosa
Joana Rosa rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2014
Natalie
Natalie rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2011
Clare
Clare rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2014
  • The Adventures of Paddy the Beaver
  • Ich mach dich gesund, sagte der Bär
  • The Old Meadow
  • The Magic Summer
  • The Cartoonist
  • The Tale of Johnny Town-Mouse
Michael Bond OBE is an English children's author. He is the creator of Paddington Bear and has written about the adventures of a guinea pig named Olga da Polga, as well as the animated BBC TV series The Herbs. Bond also writes culinary mystery stories for adults featuring Monsieur Pamplemousse and his faithful bloodhound, Pommes Frites.
More about Michael Bond...

Paddington Bear (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • A Bear Called Paddington (Paddington, #1)
  • More About Paddington (Paddington, #2)
  • Paddington Helps Out (Paddington, #3)
  • Paddington Abroad (Paddington Bear, #4)
  • Paddington at Large (Paddington, #5)
  • Paddington Marches on (Paddington, #6)
  • Paddington Goes to Town (Paddington, #8)
  • Paddington Takes the Air (Paddington, #9)
  • Paddington On Top (Paddington, #10)
  • Paddington Takes the Test (Paddington, #11)

“Beau Brummel” 0 likes