Start by marking “Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Circus Clown (#7)” as Want to Read:
Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Circus Clown (#7)

Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Circus Clown (Cam Jansen Mysteries #7)

Published (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Circus Clown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Circus Clown

Julie
Mar 28, 2012 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was introduced to this book by a librarian. I have never heard of this series before. I enjoyed this book. It had an exciting introduction that grabs the reader. However, I disliked that the title of the book gave away the mystery ending. I think children would love this series because the mystery is not too intense for them, but yet makes them feel that suspense. I would use this in my classroom to teach about morals about not taking things that don’t belong to you or maybe a lesson about the ...more
Lyle Willey

• 3.9
• Lexile Measure: 590
• Fountas & Pinnell Guided Reading Level: L

Brief description
Cam is the nickname (short for camera) of a young super sleuth in a series of emergent reader mystery stories. In The Mystery of the Circus Clown, Cam, along with her Aunt Molly and friend, Eric, solve the mystery of a purse snatcher at the circus disgui
Laura Verret
Cam Jansen and her friend, Eric Shelton are being given a fine treat by Cam’s Aunt Molly – they’re attending a circus! All is going well until Aunt Molly’s wallet disappears – a circumstance that is at once suspicious and completely normal (Aunt Molly’s memory is terrible!) However, when other women begin complaining that their purses and handbags are disappearing, Cam knows that a pickpocket is at work.

Can Cam and Eric capture the pickpocket either in the act or with the stolen goods still on h
Dolly
Nov 20, 2011 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
Shelves: childrens, mystery, 2011
Reading this story with our girls was somewhat of an act of bravery for me because I HATE CLOWNS (shiver). Ever since I read It by Stephen King (and even worse, saw Tim Curry portraying Pennywise the clown on the made-for-tv miniseries), I have been petrified of clowns. I don't even want to take our girls to the circus, although I mainly will hide behind the veil of an animal rights protest in that case and not just my fear of the painted ones.

Now that my confession is behind me, I must admit t
Anna J.
Sep 18, 2013 Anna J. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: eng-261
Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Circus Clown by David A. Adler is book number seven in the Cam Jansen Mystery series. This book is about a girl nicknamed “Cam” because of her ability to solve mysteries with her photographic memory. When Aunt Molly’s wallet goes missing at the circus, Cam Jansen must solve the case. This book is intended for third grade through fifth grade students, according to Scholastic. This is a short chapter book that will help introduce or reintroduce the mystery genre. ...more
Tara Geske
Dec 02, 2012 Tara Geske rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great beginner mystery book for elementary aged children. I used to read this series when I was younger and I really enjoyed them. They are not too long to have the students lose interest in them, but are long enough to have a good mystery. The kids can relate because it is a young girl and boy solving crimes. These books would introduce the idea of photographic memory. Maybe memory activities could be involved after you read these books.
Kris - My Novelesque Life
3.5 STARS

A great mystery/detective series - a great novel for young children (easy to read). For those who like Harriet the Spy and Encyclopedia Brown.
Victor Lam
Ages 8 & Up • When Aunt Molly's wallet is stolen at the circus, Cam suspects that there's something not-too-funny going on under the big top. Is one of the clowns really a criminal?
Shaylee Marshall
Oct 18, 2016 Shaylee Marshall rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is so good for students who are starting to read chapter books. It is very simple to follow along. This book is very enjoyable with the mystery behind the circus clown and what clues they come across to solve the mystery. This is a great book for children! I highly recommend this!
Liam Casey
Jun 14, 2016 Liam Casey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book when I was in second grade and I saw it on my book shelf, and thought "what the heck I'll read it." It was action packed and a fun read! I would definitely recommend this book to a little kid (7 or 8). MUST READ.
Caren
Cam is a girl. She got her nickname from having a photographic memory.
Perfect little mysteries for 1-3 grades.
Mimeewasuda
Sep 01, 2014 Mimeewasuda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cam Jansen series is very fun. I feel like i'm Sherlock Holmes when i'm reading it. Collect all the clues and solve problem,
Stacy
Cam solves the mystery of what has happened to the lost wallets at the circus.
Anna
Jun 04, 2010 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-by-myself
There is a circus clown. It was a fat girl and he bumped into people and grabbed their money. It was dressed as a boy clown but it really was a girl.
Melissa Namba
This is another one where Cams memory isn't really crucial. There is little science. And yet another stolen wallet. Come on people! Can we diversify what is stolen a little bit?
Anne
Cam Jansen books were my favorites in the 1st grade. I read this again to see how it held up and it was pretty decent.
Bunny
Only Cam Jansen book I ever read, but I loved it. I loved the idea of a photographic memory. Which I've never had.
Elisha
Apr 23, 2013 Elisha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I learned that even when you are just partnering and helping a criminal, you are considered a criminal as well. As my grandma says: "Tell me who you hang out with and I will tell you who you are." :D
Lila Olsen
Jan 09, 2015 Lila Olsen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cam figured out the plot and saved the day!
Sophie
such a good book this one was prob the best!i love all these books. i have reed most of them. i hope you can reed it!!
E
Don't be selfish!!!
Margaret Merkel
Love it!

It's great! My daughter started reading cam Jansen a year ago in 1st grade. What a creative writer David Adler is.
Lisa
Aug 28, 2008 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jessi-reads
Another one from Jessi.
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 Sydney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
aunt molly's wallet and other people's wallets go missing. they figure out that 3 clowns were pickpocketing.
Lucy
Lucy rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2012
Anna Robertico
Anna Robertico rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2009
Pamela Holloway
Pamela Holloway rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2014
April
April rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2012
Nadia Paz
Nadia Paz rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2012
Sandy Hearn
Sandy Hearn rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2014
  • The Case of the Spooky Sleepover (Jigsaw Jones Mystery #4)
  • Nate the Great and the Sticky Case
  • Horrible Harry and the Christmas Surprise
  • A Whirlwind Vacation (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, Super Special)
  • Henry and Mudge and the Happy Cat (Henry and Mudge, #8)
  • The Littles and the Great Halloween Scare
  • The Lucky Lottery (A to Z Mysteries, #12)
  • Giants Don't Go Snowboarding (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #33)
Adler was born in New York City, New York. He graduated from Queens College in 1968 with a bachelor's degree in economics and education. For the next nine years, he worked as a mathematics teacher for the New York City Board of Education, while taking classes towards a master's degree in marketing, a degree he was awarded by New York University in 1971. In that same year, a question from his then- ...more
More about David A. Adler...

Cam Jansen Mysteries (1 - 10 of 34 books)
  • The Mystery of the Stolen Diamonds (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #1)
  • The Mystery of the UFO (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #2)
  • The Mystery of the Dinosaur Bones (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #3)
  • The Mystery of the Television Dog (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #4)
  • The Mystery of the Gold Coins (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #5)
  • Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Babe Ruth Baseball (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #6)
  • The Mystery of the Monster Movie (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #8)
  • The Mystery of the Carnival Prize (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #9)
  • The Mystery at the Monkey House (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #10)
  • The Mystery of the Stolen Corn Popper