Justification and Regeneration

Justification and Regeneration

4.49 of 5 stars 4.49  ·  rating details  ·  83 ratings  ·  7 reviews
What does the Bible mean when it says that Christians have died to sin? How is it possible for a just God to justify the ungodly without becoming unjust Himself? What is regeneration? What is justification? Why do all men desperately need to be justified? If I have died to sin, why am I still affected by it? As a Christian, am I the new man or he old man or both? What does...more
164 pages
Published 2008

Andrew Barlow
I really enjoyed this book for it's brevity, clarity, and for the amount of Scripture Leiter interacts with. I will say, he doesn't interact on a deep level with any text (except perhaps Romans 7), but the sheer volume of scripture makes the case persuasive. Leiter's thesis is that essentially that the Christian is a completely new creation, not a mixture of old and new, and the chief means of effecting this change are justification and regeneration. I walked away encouraged b/c Leiter sets out...more
Michael
Thsi book explains the whole crux of our Christian faith. The whole reason for God giving us his word and Jesus sacrifice is for our re-birth through Christ who is our propitiation in order that we will be justified.

I have found nothing that explains this more clearly than this book.
KP Jaskula
This book explains very well what does it mean to be justified in Christ as well the LOST doctrine of regeneration. It clearly shows that salvation is a super-natural work of God whereby the Christian is a completely new creation. It also contains a lot of Scriptural references.
Jacob Berry
As men in our church we went through this book like a bible study and for me I have had the privileged of being in pastor Leiter church for the first thirteen years of my life!! It was really cool to have justification and regelation defined so very well!
Vera
Jul 30, 2011 Vera added it
An awesome book that reminds us of the truths we already know but often forget and need reminders of.
Rebekah Courter
This is an excellent read. It pointed me to Scriptures that helped answer some of the many questions I had.
Eric
Good basics.
Darryl
Darryl is currently reading it
Jun 19, 2014
Jason Burns
Jason Burns marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
Laura Morganti
Laura Morganti marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
Carlos E. Montijo
Carlos E. Montijo marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Michael Dionne
Michael Dionne marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Ana Vargas
Ana Vargas marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Jonathan Tomes
Jonathan Tomes marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Mark Mcculley
Mark Mcculley marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Michael Pursley
Michael Pursley is currently reading it
Mar 05, 2014