Start by marking “Young Avengers Presents (Young Avengers Presents)” as Want to Read:
Young Avengers Presents (Young Avengers Presents)

Young Avengers Presents (Young Avengers Presents)

4.07  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,181 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews
They're back at last! Patriot, Hulkling, Wiccan, Speed, Vision, Stature, and Hawkeye! Where have they been and what is their place in this new post-Civil War Marvel Universe? Today's top creators tell the tale in six chapters! Collects Young Avengers Presents #1-6.
Trade Paperback, 144 pages
Published October 22nd 2008 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Young Avengers Presents, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Young Avengers Presents

Anne
Mystery Poo Buddy Read
description

I didn't really like this as much as I thought I would.
I wanted more of the cool Young Avengers team that I read last year.

description

Instead, I got some sort of angsty teenage shit with dumbass teenagers.
Yes, I realize how stupid I sound.

description

Ok. It's not that bad, but damn those kids were mopey.
Each issue featured one (maybe two) of the Young Avengers, and kind of told a bit about them. Not an origin story, so much as a What I'm Doing Now story.
Patriot & Stature were the worst.
JESBU
Sesana
Oct 02, 2013 Sesana rated it really liked it
Shelves: superhumans, comics
I suppose this was done as a way to keep the Young Avengers alive between series. I'm glad for that. This is basically a series of one-shot comics, each focused on one or two of the Young Avengers. To be honest, not much happens. But there wasn't supposed to be a lot happening in any event. This is all about exploring and developing their characters. And it does a fine job of that, for the most part. Patriot's issue was particularly good, surprisingly thoughtful and unwilling to come to a final ...more
Josh
Feb 18, 2016 Josh rated it it was ok
This was a miss for me. After enjoying Heinberg's run, this collection of one-shots were disjointed and felt lacking.
Nikki
Nov 17, 2013 Nikki rated it liked it
Young Avengers Presents just collects six one-shots about the Young Avengers. The stories aren't really connected, though they're all post-Civil War, and they mostly just do a little character development. The art varies a bit, and some of the stories interested me more than others, but it's okay as a bit of filler.

One thing I don't get: why when Billy and Teddy are alone together is Teddy in Hulkling form all the time? Is this some kind of encoded message that they're not having sex, we promise
Elizabeth Reuter
Feb 08, 2013 Elizabeth Reuter rated it really liked it
I think at some point Marvel's most brilliant minds sat down together and thought: hey, we have awesome characters in those new Young Avengers. Why not get to know them a little?

Don’t get me wrong here, superheroes are made to punch things out and look cool doing it. But I don’t care about the fight if I’m not rooting for our hero, and I’m not rooting for our hero if I don’t know him. The original run of Young Avengers gave us great character moments between—and during—the action, and YA Present
Di Jay
Mar 28, 2016 Di Jay rated it really liked it
Foi interessante ficar a saber mais algumas coisas sobre os personagens, mas tenho dizer que não gostei nada da arte de nenhum dos issues.
J'aime
Apr 03, 2014 J'aime rated it really liked it
I started the Young Avengers when Kid Loki moved from Journey into Mystery to the new Marvel Now series. However, the characters lacked depth...until I went back to the original series from Allan Heinberg.

The Young Avengers came about after the Scarlet Witch "disassembled" the Avengers. These young heroes stepped in to fill the void, and then Civil War happened. Though there are some tie-in issues for the team set during Civil War the team just fades away. This book attempts to give reads a "whe
TinTin Kalaw
In the aftermath of the Marvel event Civil War, each issue explore what each member of the Young Avengers have been up to.

Patriot... (view spoiler)
Hulkling... (view spoiler)
Wiccan and Speed... (view spoiler) I love this issue because it builds up the limited ser
Andrea
Sep 01, 2014 Andrea rated it liked it
Hawkeye's story was great, 5 stars. Then come Hukling's and the twins', 4 stars. Vision's was okay, 3 stars. Stature was somewhat bleh, 2.5 and the best thing about Patriot's was Bucky, 2 stars.
Need to read more Civil War, the part concerning the Young Avengers at least. I'll look for it.
Valeria
Jan 22, 2016 Valeria rated it liked it
The art isn't as good as in the first 2 volumes, but it was ok.

Patriot is my least favorite young avenger, I liked his and Bucky interaction though. Hulkling and the twins are my favorites so I can't be objective about them. Stature and Vision issues were... meh. Hawkeye is amazing.
Jasmine
Oct 17, 2014 Jasmine rated it really liked it
This is totally filler and I don't care. This is what I've been waiting for from the Young Avengers.

I'm willing to overlook a whole lot of shit if the characters are good. There isn't much shit to overlook in the Young Avengers to begin with - I already liked all of them - but you really get to know the kids in this volume, and that makes all the difference.

CAN WE TALK ABOUT PATRIOT, THOUGH? Capslock because I am seriously considering framing every page of Patriot's story. In a gilt frame. One
Carine
Jan 22, 2015 Carine rated it really liked it
YA presents : patriot : 5 stars
YA presents : Hulking : 5 stars
YA presents : Wiccan & Speed : 4 stars
YA presents : vision : 3.5 stars
YA presents : stature : 3 stars
YA presents : Hawkeye : 4 stars

I had fun reading those backstory's, it was really great especially the first one about Eli. The art were really amazing and neat. This issue was focused on the characters and I appreciate that. But of course, there was 6 ways to tell thoses stories but I liked each on of thel
Gayle Francis Moffet
Nov 26, 2015 Gayle Francis Moffet rated it really liked it
Set just after Civil War, the various teams on this set of character-centric issues do a great job showing all the different ways the post-Civil War Marvel universe is affecting the whole crew. Everyone's got shit going on, and while some of it is more intense than others (What does it mean, for Eli, as a black teenager, to call himself Patriot?), they're all good character pieces that take the time to let these kids try and figure stuff out for themselves.
Mitchell
Aug 19, 2014 Mitchell rated it really liked it
Reading this all out of interesting and it's still good. Even more Young Avengers backstory. I guess one of the differences of this group is that the characters are generally the story, not the super-villain. And generally the characters are worth knowing especially in this one. Pretty much everyone gets to be center stage for just long enough to be interesting. The art is uneven but sometimes it is quite good, and at least when its bad, its not so bad as to make the book unreadable.
M
Dec 10, 2012 M rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, superheroes
Some of the stories collected here were good, while some were weak. Patriot and Hawkeye had interesting interactions with older characters that explored their characters and the legacies they embody. Hulking and the Scarlet Witches' kids had similar stories, but neither saw anything particularly interesting happen. Finally, Vision and Stature's stories were okay but not great. The romance between the two made Vision's story seem a bit odd, as did the fact that Stature played a prominent role in ...more
Sunil
Nov 03, 2013 Sunil rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
Each issue focuses on a different Young Avenger, and while the writing is pretty solid, the art is generally not very good. Also, there's quite a bit of post-Civil War talk and lots of references to the state of the current Marvel Universe. And there isn't a real throughline between the six issues, plotwise. But let's go back to the part where the writing is solid! I love the insights we get into each character, many of them struggling with who they are and how they fit into the world. Some must ...more
Beaugan Gama
Sep 27, 2015 Beaugan Gama rated it really liked it
a nice little intimate few comics each featuring a member of the Young Avengers team

some parts are better than others, but overall a nice piece of work
Syd
May 24, 2014 Syd rated it it was amazing
Very important collection for the Young Avengers. We finally get to see why these kids not only decided to become super heroes but why they chose to take on the legacy of the Avengers.
Kristina
Jan 14, 2016 Kristina rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel, marvel
These six stories are not integral to the continuity of the Young Avengers. This is just a little added extra for fans of the teens.
Annabella
Jul 02, 2015 Annabella rated it liked it
It's just a bunch of character-themed one shots, but I've got to say it, Billy's and Kate's though have had me a little teary eyed
Maira Lemos
Aug 01, 2015 Maira Lemos rated it it was amazing
KATE ES MI DIOSA, KATE ES MI SALVADORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. (Tommy, tho)
zeinab
Sep 27, 2015 zeinab rated it it was amazing
this is my fave of the YA comics so far omg
M
Jul 30, 2011 M rated it liked it
This volume collects the Young Avengers one-shots, designed as a way of placating fans awaiting the team's next miniseries. We get an all-too brief meeting beween Hulking and Captain Marvel (who was revelaed to be a Skrull anyway), Patriot's talk with Bucky about race and heroism in today's America, Speed and Wiccan barely searching for the Scarlet Witch, Stature dealing with issues of family, Kate's turn at proving worthy of being Hawkeye, and Vision demonstrating his own choices. Nice filler, ...more
Rebeca
finished 8/31/14
Rachael
Jan 29, 2011 Rachael rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, 2011
Six character-focused issues by six writers, so of course I have six opinions about this book. Mostly they were okay. Some, like Patriot's story, brought up interesting topics but didn't explore them fully. Others were flat-out awesome, like Paul Cornell's story about the Vision. Then there was Kate Bishop earning her name from Ronin (nee Hawkeye), which was quirky and cute and made me love Kate Bishop even more (not like it was hard to do). So, pretty good.
Justin Lee
There were a couple of good stories in this one, but overall it wasn't amazing. I love these characters and this does help you get to know them better. I prefer when they all work together rather than being separate, but nevertheless, it was interesting and I enjoyed reading it. I would suggest this only for people who are true fans of the series- not someone starting out with it.
KV Taylor
Aug 27, 2011 KV Taylor rated it really liked it
Probably more like 3.5 stars, really, as this is super awesome for what it is. This is why one-shot stories are so wonderful, and I love these being sort of back-ups for these characters I already adore. Super fun, occasionally sad, and the variety of artists and writers makes it anything but boring on that score. Definitely worth picking up and adding to any YA collection.
  • Young Avengers, Vol. 2: Family Matters (Young Avengers, #2)
  • Dark Reign: Young Avengers
  • Secret Invasion: Runaways/Young Avengers
  • Civil War: Young Avengers/Runaways
  • Young Avengers, Vol. 3: Mic-Drop at the Edge of Time and Space
  • Runaways, Vol. 5: Escape to New York (Runaways, #5)
  • X-Factor: Heart Of Ice
  • Runaways, Vol. 8: Dead End Kids (Runaways, #8)
  • Runaways, Vol. 11: Homeschooling (Runaways, #11)
  • The Fearless Defenders, Vol. 1: Doom Maidens
Ed Brubaker (born November 17, 1966) is an Eisner Award-winning American cartoonist and writer. He was born at the National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, Maryland.

Brubaker is best known for his work as a comic book writer on such titles as Batman, Daredevil, Captain America, Iron Fist, Catwoman, Gotham Central, Sleeper, Uncanny X-Men and X-Men: Deadly Genesis, and The Authority, and for helping
More about Ed Brubaker...

Young Avengers (10 books)
  • Young Avengers Special #1 One-Shot
  • Young Avengers, Vol. 1: Sidekicks (Young Avengers, #1)
  • Young Avengers, Vol. 2: Family Matters (Young Avengers, #2)
  • Young Avengers (Hardcover)
  • Civil War: Young Avengers/Runaways