Start by marking “Introductory Econometrics: A Modern Approach” as Want to Read:
Introductory Econometrics: A Modern Approach

Introductory Econometrics: A Modern Approach

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  181 ratings  ·  12 reviews
The modern approach of this text recognizes that econometrics has moved from a specialized mathematical description of economics to an applied interpretation based on empirical research techniques. It bridges the gap between the mechanics of econometrics and modern applications of econometrics by employing a systematic approach motivated by the major problems facing applie ...more
Published July 1st 2005 by Thomson South-Western (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Introductory Econometrics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Introductory Econometrics

Susanne
Jan 09, 2012 Susanne rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: student in economics and econometrics
As I said before, you cannot rate textbooks in the same manner as other books - however, this is a great, great introductory textbook on Econometrics and a good companion to Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data. If you lack proof in this one you'll be sure to find a rigorous discussion in that one, and this one provides enough text to really get a grasp of how to perform the analysis hands on.
Joecolelife
Mar 24, 2011 Joecolelife rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Joecolelife by: www.CocoMartini.com Online Bookstore
This book gives a nice introduction to Econometrics. It goes well when explains difficult concepts with lots of details and examples in a clear straight forward approach.

It lacks a little of rigorous proofs. It's more for you to understand what is econometrics, how to apply it and basic problems associated to it.

For more advances and rigorous texts, check the also excellent Gujarati's book, Fumio Hayashi's Econometrics and Greene's Econometrics Analysis.
Moon Na
I use this book instead of the required text my lecturer suggested, but it gives me more than I hope. Difficult definitions, formula, models are explained in detailed and clearly although Woolridge cancelled mostly rigorious proofs. However, my course focuses on practicing (applied econ) so it's still ok. :-)
The appendix is pretty helpful to review statistical problems in comparison with its length.
Joseph
Simply the best undergraduate econometrics textbook available. Formal treatment, complete coverage of most important topics, and some extra math for those inclined (in the appendices).
Lauren
May 09, 2015 Lauren rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lauren by: Andrew Zeitlin
This book was very confusing. I think some more illustrations and charts would have helped make some of the theoretical stuff easier to understand.
Daniel Babiak
Absolute best place to start with metrics. GET THE DATASETS AND WORK THROUGH EVERY. EXAMPLE. IN. THE. BOOK.
Lauren Skora
I think after all the 'metrics classes I did actually read 99% of it.
Thomas Tony
this book most help to study, and give me more trick... ^_^
Brian
OK, I didn't actually read this one... :)
Richard Knepper
Legible, but rough on the eyes...
Kristýnka
This is starting to get depressing.
Aaron
Sep 13, 2007 Aaron added it
god I hate this book
Abhishek
Abhishek marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Nikhil
Nikhil is currently reading it
Jul 27, 2015
Eagle
Eagle marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Ebenezer
Ebenezer is currently reading it
Jul 29, 2015
TASEEN NOBAN
TASEEN NOBAN marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
Andrei
Andrei marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Abena Frempong
Abena Frempong marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Nadeeka
Nadeeka marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
  • The Logic of Collective Action: Public Goods and the Theory of Groups
  • Statistical Inference
  • Modern Portfolio Theory and Investment Analysis
  • The Penguin History Of Economics
Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data Student Solutions Manual To Introductory Econometrics Solutions Manual and Supplementary Materials for Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data, Second Edition Essentials of Econometrics