Introductory Econometrics: A Modern Approach

Introductory Econometrics: A Modern Approach

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  109 ratings  ·  11 reviews
The modern approach of this text recognizes that econometrics has moved from a specialized mathematical description of economics to an applied interpretation based on empirical research techniques. It bridges the gap between the mechanics of econometrics and modern applications of econometrics by employing a systematic approach motivated by the major problems facing applie...more
Published July 1st 2005 by Thomson South-Western (first published 1999)

Susanne
Jan 09, 2012 Susanne rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: student in economics and econometrics
As I said before, you cannot rate textbooks in the same manner as other books - however, this is a great, great introductory textbook on Econometrics and a good companion to Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data. If you lack proof in this one you'll be sure to find a rigorous discussion in that one, and this one provides enough text to really get a grasp of how to perform the analysis hands on.
Joecolelife
Mar 24, 2011 Joecolelife rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Joecolelife by: www.CocoMartini.com Online Bookstore
This book gives a nice introduction to Econometrics. It goes well when explains difficult concepts with lots of details and examples in a clear straight forward approach.

It lacks a little of rigorous proofs. It's more for you to understand what is econometrics, how to apply it and basic problems associated to it.

For more advances and rigorous texts, check the also excellent Gujarati's book, Fumio Hayashi's Econometrics and Greene's Econometrics Analysis.
Moon Na
I use this book instead of the required text my lecturer suggested, but it gives me more than I hope. Difficult definitions, formula, models are explained in detailed and clearly although Woolridge cancelled mostly rigorious proofs. However, my course focuses on practicing (applied econ) so it's still ok. :-)
The appendix is pretty helpful to review statistical problems in comparison with its length.
Joseph
Simply the best undergraduate econometrics textbook available. Formal treatment, complete coverage of most important topics, and some extra math for those inclined (in the appendices).
Daniel Babiak
Absolute best place to start with metrics. GET THE DATASETS AND WORK THROUGH EVERY. EXAMPLE. IN. THE. BOOK.
Lauren Skora
I think after all the 'metrics classes I did actually read 99% of it.
Thomas Tony
this book most help to study, and give me more trick... ^_^
Brian
OK, I didn't actually read this one... :)
Richard Knepper
Legible, but rough on the eyes...
Kristýnka
This is starting to get depressing.
Aaron
Sep 13, 2007 Aaron added it
god I hate this book
Zarfin Alam
Zarfin Alam marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Gilbert Kayitare
Gilbert Kayitare marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Kseniia Spynu
Kseniia Spynu marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Kseniia Spynu
Kseniia Spynu marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Faheem Ch
Faheem Ch marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Bre
Bre marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Bruno Teixeira
Bruno Teixeira marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Nansipok
Nansipok marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Abass Adams
Abass Adams marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Gracie Ni
Gracie Ni marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Siddique
Siddique marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Mostly Harmless Econometrics: An Empiricist's Companion
  • Microeconomic Theory
  • Macroeconomics
  • International Economics: Theory and Policy
  • Governing the Commons: The Evolution of Institutions for Collective Action
  • The Economics of Money, Banking, and Financial Markets (Addison-Wesley Series in Economics)
  • Hedge Fund Market Wizards
  • The Logic of Collective Action: Public Goods and the Theory of Groups
  • Elementary Differential Equations And Boundary Value Problems
  • Hoyle's Rules of Games
  • Microeconomics
  • Introduction to Mathematical Economics (Schaum's Outlines)
  • Culture Matters: How Values Shape Human Progress
  • Coercion, Capital and European States: Ad 990 - 1992
  • Man, Economy, and State with Power and Market: Government and Economy
  • The Jewish Study Bible
  • Dark Pools: The Rise of Artificially Intelligent Trading Machines and the Looming Threat to Wall Street
  • Judgment Under Uncertainty: Heuristics and Biases
Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data Solutions Manual and Supplementary Materials for Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data Student Solutions Manual To Introductory Econometrics Essentials of Econometrics Solutions Manual and Supplementary Materials for Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data (Second Edition)