The Spriggan Mirrror (Ethshar)

The Spriggan Mirrror (Ethshar #9)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  237 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Limited to only 500 copies, this is the hardcover edition of the new Ethshar novel from Hugo Award-winning author Lawrence Watt-Evans!

Every wizard in Ethshare knew that if you needed something special, something difficult to find, that Gresh the Supplier was the man to see. He was expensive, but always delivered. So when the Wizards' Guild finally got fed up with the lit

Mass Market Paperback, 365 pages
Published September 1st 2007 by Leisure Books (first published December 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Spriggan Mirrror, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spriggan Mirrror

K. Axel
Aug 08, 2009 K. Axel rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ethshar fans
This is a book written for the Ethshar world, created by Lawrence Watt-Evans. It concerns the spriggans, as you might have guessed from the title. In fact, it concerns their very existence; how they came to be, what they are how the world could possibly get rid of them.

Personally, I'm a huge Ethshar fan. I got all the books, even though I haven't read them all (three more to go). If this is your very first Ethshar experience... then turn back. It's probably not the right place to start. Why do I...more
Tips
Following on from 'With a single spell', The spriggan mirror is very poor fare indeed. This book concerns itself to a very minor loose end from its predecessor, has Watt-Evans run out of plots?
If you want to read Watt-Evans, try 'single spell' or 'misenchanted sword', if you want to complete Watt-Evans, leave this one till last?
Latharia
Another fine addition to the Legends of Ethshar by Watt-Evans. My major disappointment was that unlike the other books set in Ethshar, this one didn't really start off with a bang. I was stunned to find I was halfway through it and there was no major plot hang up! That bit came about 7/8ths of the way through it!
Brian Harvey
The Spriggan Mirror brings us back to Tobas from the tale With a Single Spell and Tobas wishes to find the magical mirror that has allowed the inquisitive, mischievous, and meddlesome Spriggans to Ethshar.
Jolyon
Decent continuation and resolution from the predicament created by magic gone awry in With a Single Spell. I want to say this is one of his best Ethshar novels since Spell of the Black Dagger.
Jimmy
Meh.
It's nice to have another book in this series.
It's nice to have a wrap up for the Spriggans
It's nice to see an old character again.

It's not enouugh to lift this book past Meh
Josh
Some of the life seems to have gone out of this series. Also probably could have used an editor at a major publisher for some polishing.
Sandy
This was the weakest book in the Ethshar series.
Michael
Yet another good entry in the Ethshar series.
bluetyson
The Spriggan Mirror by Lawrence Watt-evans (2000)
Phi
Phi marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Konica
Konica marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Andrew Doud
Andrew Doud marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
John
John marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
The Misenchanted Sword With a Single Spell Dragon Weather (Obsidian Chronicles #1) The Dragon Society (Obsidian Chronicles, Book 2) Dragon Venom (Obsidian Chronicles #3)