Start by marking “The Copper Scroll (The Last Jihad, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Copper Scroll (The Last Jihad, #4)

The Copper Scroll (The Last Jihad #4)

4.31  ·  Rating Details ·  3,882 Ratings  ·  250 Reviews
One June 1, 1956, the New York Times broke a story that captured the imagination of the world. Another Dead Sea Scroll had been found, unlike any before it, describing unimaginable treasures worth untold billions buried in the hills east of Jerusalem and under the Holy City itself. In the years that followed, some scholars came to believe The Copper Scroll could be history ...more
Published April 1st 2007 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published August 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Copper Scroll, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Copper Scroll

Ann Keller
Utterly captivating novel! Wow. This one is a real page turner. When you think about the implications of the story, it gets you thinking even more.

I shall be reading more by this author.
Alexandra Swann
"The Kingdom of Heaven is like a treasure buried in a field..."

I loved this book. This was my first book by Joel Rosenberg. I receive his blog on my email almost daily, and I have seen his testimony on video, but I had not read any of his novels before The Copper Scroll. I read it out of order--I believe there are two or three in the series ahead of it which I will go back now and read. Having said that, the story is easy enough to follow that reading the books out of order is not a problem.

I wa
Rod Morehead
Jan 08, 2009 Rod Morehead rated it really liked it
The Copper Scroll is the latest installment of the Last Jihad series by of fiction thrillers by Joel C. Rosenberg.

Joel Rosenberg first came to national attention by writing the first book in the series, The Last Jihad, about a terrorist attach by hijacking an airliner and flying a kamikaze attack against the United States. Not to impressive unless you realize the book was written nine months prior to 9/11.

Not unlike author Dan Brown, Joel Rosenberg writes from a foundation of research and fact
Mariah
Mar 17, 2014 Mariah rated it it was ok
Shelves: audiobooks
This book might be proof that I'll read about anything with words. In a desperate need for a novel to commute by, and my hold wasn't in, I picked this up. It wasn't until I was loading the discs into the changer that I realized it had an endorsement by Rush Limbaugh and I almost took it back to the library. For the most part I am glad that I didn't.

The Copper Scroll delivers a similar roller-coaster ride that Dan Brown's books do along side a heavy dose of conservative Christian values. After a
Don
May 06, 2013 Don rated it did not like it
This book has been falsely rated on goodreads. If you research the "ratings" you will see in 6 years since publication on 22 REAL reviews were registered. The remainder are completely auto-generated to increase the ranking of this horrible book.
Over the years I have just started using gr for all of my book choices. Why? The ratings are accurate. If it's less than a 3.5, it probably stinks. If it's greater than a 3.8, it most always is well written, solid plot and a real page-turner.
I'm not sur
Pete Tiffany
May 16, 2007 Pete Tiffany rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone
I can't say enough about this author, he's insightful and really understands the middle east and his story telling is fast paced and action packed. It's a white-nuckle ride from cover to cover.

Unfortunately, I started his books out of order. They all have the same charecters and follow a chronological order so it helps to read them in order.

The Last Jihad (currently reading)is the first of the series and was written before 9/11, but includes in the story line the bombing of the USA by terrorist
Jerome
Jun 03, 2012 Jerome rated it really liked it
One of Rosenberg's better novels.

The Copper Scroll takes place after the War of Mog and Magog which is referenced in Ezekiel 38-39 and is set in a world where Israel's enemies have been destroyed, such as Russia and many of the Middle Eastern countries. The plot relations to modern times and potentially future events were interesting items to consider especially a rebuilt Iraq and its rise to power and attempt to consolidate the Middle East into a Super Power. The differences between Europe and
Jennifer H
Aug 25, 2007 Jennifer H rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alreadyread
This book was the fourth in the series. The premise is based around the copper scroll discovered in the 1960's. Until this book, I had never heard of such a thing - the dead sea scrolls, but not this one. It is based around the treasure hunt of the riches described in this scroll and ends with them finding it and the arc of the covenant. The author has a good command of the old testament and of biblical prophesies, and again does not end up being another "left behind" knockoff, even though the w ...more
Evelyn
Apr 19, 2008 Evelyn rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller
In 1956, another Dead Sea scroll was found telling of unimaginable wealth buried near Jerusalem, but no one has yet deciphered it. Now, radical Islam has been defeated and Israel is being pressured to rebuild on the Temple of the Mount, but democratic Arab nations are banding together to stop them. Is this the beginning of the end of days?

Sequel to The Ezekiel Option, but doesn't have to be read in order. Frighteningly realistic scenes mirror current Middle East problems. Highly recommend.
Dianna
May 23, 2008 Dianna rated it really liked it
The Copper Scroll is the fourth book in Joel Rosenberg's series on the events of the last days. I haven't read the first three, but I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was by turns exciting and disturbing. Exciting because it was well written and researched, and disturbing because it is so plausible that it could very well be a possible scenario for the "beginning of the end". I look forward to reading the rest of the books in this series.
Trish
Sep 07, 2010 Trish rated it really liked it
I would recommend this reading for those who are neophytes of the Jewish /Islamic / Christian conflicts and faith, it opens your ryes and heart to the world of faith and the deep rooted struggle between these spiritual postures. I pursued the international espionage and conflict adventure, only to be absorbed by the tantalizing faith! If you like intrigue and good documentary of the archeological aspects of religions, this one is thrilling!
Tiffany
Jun 19, 2009 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
What an amazingly intriguing book. It involved all emotions. The plot was fast paced and mysterious. Biblical prophecy included in the twists and turns of adventure. Excellent book! I plan to read more of this author.
Diane
Mar 18, 2009 Diane rated it really liked it
Well, this is the 4th book in the series...and I still really like them. It's getting much more apocalyptical. (Is that a word?)..this one is aimed at the building of the third Temple. But it's a crazy pace...sort of like the Bourne Conspiracy. No falling asleep reading this one.
Rebekah Joy
Mar 03, 2013 Rebekah Joy rated it it was amazing
I started "The Copper Scroll" right after finishing "The Ezekiel Option" - and read it in 24 hours! I highly recommend this series for those who are eager to see what's just on the horizon of world events...through the lens of Biblical Truth.
Mary
Aug 14, 2009 Mary rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
This was especially interesting since I have been to Qumran and Jerusalem so it was interesting to visualize the settings in this books. Keep reading to the last book. One of the best series I've ever come across.
Joseph Lewis
Jul 08, 2013 Joseph Lewis rated it really liked it
What can I say, not only did I like it, I stole the "copper scroll" idea for use in The Diaries of Pontius Pilate !
Gordon Kuntz
Dec 31, 2010 Gordon Kuntz rated it it was amazing
Shelves: joel-rosenberg
As with his other novels it holds your attention and the suspense is great. The scripture quotes were accurate and well placed throughout the novel.
Jacob Aitken
Standard excellence as in all of Rosenberg's books. My only criticism was that he was a bit free in his use of the deus ex machina.
Matthew Robertson
Mar 30, 2013 Matthew Robertson rated it it was amazing
Loved this!
Skip
Jon Bennett and Erin McCoy are finally married, but during their ceremony, a suicide bomber attacks a famous hotel in Washington DC, killing two prominent archaeologists. Several other archaeologists have also died mysteriously over the past few months. While on their honeymoon in the picturesque city of Ronda, Spain, their close friend and surrogate father, Eli Mordechai is ambushed in Israel and tells them what the archaeologists seek. Meanwhile, Iraq's moderate new president is trying to buil ...more
Nicole
Nov 25, 2016 Nicole rated it did not like it
This was the least memorable of the series. I enjoyed the other books, but this one did nothing to advance the series. Dissapointed.
Marie
Nov 25, 2016 Marie rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Better than the Left Behind series.
Gregory
Oct 15, 2016 Gregory rated it it was amazing
Loved this entire series!!!
Pete Thomas
action and intrigue.
Judy R
Oct 06, 2016 Judy R rated it it was amazing
Good read!
Joke Vansteenkiste
mooi boek ook wel spannend maar einde beetje voorspelbaar
Mark Easter
Jul 19, 2015 Mark Easter rated it really liked it

Saddam is gone, Arafat is dead, and a new Iraq is rising. But when a suicide bomber strikes Washington and assassinations unfold from London to Los Angeles, Jon Bennett and Erin McCoy are drawn back into a world of terror they thought was over. At the heart of the mystery lies a 2,000-year-old scroll describing unimaginable treasures that could lead to the Third Jewish Temple. Some call it history's greatest treasure map. Others call it a road map to Armageddon. But the time to find the truth i

Merv Jersak
Dec 17, 2014 Merv Jersak rated it it was amazing
Spoiler alert: Israel was not destroyed in the nuclear holocaust that was described in the previous book, “The Ezekiel Option”. Shortly after the massive destruction of the war that ended “The Ezekiel Option”, archeologists raced to solve the clues of the “Copper Scroll”, which apparently described where a massive treasure was buried in Israel – perhaps the Ark of the Covenant itself. The story becomes real as one by one the archeologists involved in the search are killed.

The theory of the Coppe
Trisha
Mar 09, 2014 Trisha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Jon Bennett en Erin McCoy staan op het punt te trouwen voor hun vrienden en familie. Hun beste vriend Eli Mordachai trouwt hen. Bennett en McCcy zijn twee voormalige geheime dienstmedewerkers en veel van hun vrienden behoren tot deze groep. Tijdens hun huwelijksdag krijgen de belangrijkste vrienden een telefoontje en ziet men op het nieuws dat er een aanslag is gepleegd op een beroemd hotel.
De Bennetts laten zich er niet van weerhouden om toch op huwelijksreis te gaan. Dit gaat goed, maar al sn
Poiema
Jul 15, 2013 Poiema rated it really liked it
With action and intrigue to match "Indiana Jones", this is an end times thriller that will keep you up at night. Rosenberg sprinkles in a bit of archeology, eschatology, and theology to boot. I've never read much in this genre, have avoided the "Left Behind" series in favor of more serious reads. I admit to being glad I gave the Rosenberg books a chance. He has piqued my interest in the Dead Sea Scrolls and I'm picking up a book on the subject this very afternoon at the library.

Also, he floats
Alta Canyon Book ...: Oct. Book 1 3 Nov 13, 2013 10:35AM
  • Deception (Ollie Chandler #3)
  • The Great Divide
  • Edge of Apocalypse (The End, #1)
  • Lion of Babylon
  • Mission Compromised (Peter Newman, #1)
  • Greater Love (Tides of Truth, #3)
  • Silenced: The Wrath of God Descends (Underground Zealot, #2)
  • Blown Coverage
  • First the Dead
  • Apocalypse Crucible: The Earth's Last Days: The Battle Continues (Left Behind: Apocalypse, #2)
Note: This is a different person than the fantasy author, Joel Rosenberg

Joel C. Rosenberg is the founder of The Joshua Fund and the New York Times best-selling author of THE LAST JIHAD (2002), THE LAST DAYS (2003), THE EZEKIEL OPTION (2005), THE COPPER SCROLL (2006), EPICENTER (2006) and DEAD HEAT (2008) with m
More about Joel C. Rosenberg...

The Last Jihad (5 books)
  • The Last Jihad (The Last Jihad, #1)
  • The Last Days (The Last Jihad, #2)
  • The Ezekiel Option (The Last Jihad, #3)
  • Dead Heat (The Last Jihad, #5)

“and immediately hoped he wouldn’t regret it. Mordechai’s death” 0 likes