Start by marking “The Copper Scroll (The Last Jihad, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Copper Scroll (The Last Jihad, #4)

The Copper Scroll (The Last Jihad #4)

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  3,171 ratings  ·  220 reviews
One June 1, 1956, the New York Times broke a story that captured the imagination of the world. Another Dead Sea Scroll had been found, unlike any before it, describing unimaginable treasures worth untold billions buried in the hills east of Jerusalem and under the Holy City itself. In the years that followed, some scholars came to believe The Copper Scroll could be history ...more
Published March 20th 2007 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published August 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Copper Scroll, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Copper Scroll

The Last Jihad by Joel C. RosenbergThe Ezekiel Option by Joel C. RosenbergThe Copper Scroll by Joel C. RosenbergThe Last Days by Joel C. RosenbergThe Twelfth Imam by Joel C. Rosenberg
Best of Joel C. Rosenberg
3rd out of 31 books — 30 voters
The Diaries of Pontius Pilate by Joseph Max LewisAmerican Assassin by Vince FlynnTripwire by Lee ChildDamascus Countdown by Joel C. RosenbergThe Tehran Initiative by Joel C. Rosenberg
Most Addictive Books/Authors
28th out of 183 books — 47 voters

More lists with this book...

Alexandra Swann
"The Kingdom of Heaven is like a treasure buried in a field..."

I loved this book. This was my first book by Joel Rosenberg. I receive his blog on my email almost daily, and I have seen his testimony on video, but I had not read any of his novels before The Copper Scroll. I read it out of order--I believe there are two or three in the series ahead of it which I will go back now and read. Having said that, the story is easy enough to follow that reading the books out of order is not a problem.

I wa
Mariah
This book might be proof that I'll read about anything with words. In a desperate need for a novel to commute by, and my hold wasn't in, I picked this up. It wasn't until I was loading the discs into the changer that I realized it had an endorsement by Rush Limbaugh and I almost took it back to the library. For the most part I am glad that I didn't.

The Copper Scroll delivers a similar roller-coaster ride that Dan Brown's books do along side a heavy dose of conservative Christian values. After a
Rod Morehead
The Copper Scroll is the latest installment of the Last Jihad series by of fiction thrillers by Joel C. Rosenberg.

Joel Rosenberg first came to national attention by writing the first book in the series, The Last Jihad, about a terrorist attach by hijacking an airliner and flying a kamikaze attack against the United States. Not to impressive unless you realize the book was written nine months prior to 9/11.

Not unlike author Dan Brown, Joel Rosenberg writes from a foundation of research and fact
Don
This book has been falsely rated on goodreads. If you research the "ratings" you will see in 6 years since publication on 22 REAL reviews were registered. The remainder are completely auto-generated to increase the ranking of this horrible book.
Over the years I have just started using gr for all of my book choices. Why? The ratings are accurate. If it's less than a 3.5, it probably stinks. If it's greater than a 3.8, it most always is well written, solid plot and a real page-turner.
I'm not sur
Pete Tiffany
May 16, 2007 Pete Tiffany rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone
I can't say enough about this author, he's insightful and really understands the middle east and his story telling is fast paced and action packed. It's a white-nuckle ride from cover to cover.

Unfortunately, I started his books out of order. They all have the same charecters and follow a chronological order so it helps to read them in order.

The Last Jihad (currently reading)is the first of the series and was written before 9/11, but includes in the story line the bombing of the USA by terrorist
Jennifer H
This book was the fourth in the series. The premise is based around the copper scroll discovered in the 1960's. Until this book, I had never heard of such a thing - the dead sea scrolls, but not this one. It is based around the treasure hunt of the riches described in this scroll and ends with them finding it and the arc of the covenant. The author has a good command of the old testament and of biblical prophesies, and again does not end up being another "left behind" knockoff, even though the w ...more
Jerome
One of Rosenberg's better novels.

The Copper Scroll takes place after the War of Mog and Magog which is referenced in Ezekiel 38-39 and is set in a world where Israel's enemies have been destroyed, such as Russia and many of the Middle Eastern countries. The plot relations to modern times and potentially future events were interesting items to consider especially a rebuilt Iraq and its rise to power and attempt to consolidate the Middle East into a Super Power. The differences between Europe and
Merv Jersak
Spoiler alert: Israel was not destroyed in the nuclear holocaust that was described in the previous book, “The Ezekiel Option”. Shortly after the massive destruction of the war that ended “The Ezekiel Option”, archeologists raced to solve the clues of the “Copper Scroll”, which apparently described where a massive treasure was buried in Israel – perhaps the Ark of the Covenant itself. The story becomes real as one by one the archeologists involved in the search are killed.

The theory of the Coppe
Nina
The Copper Scroll really exists, of course (the only Dead Sea scroll that was written on copper and in a different language, and that describes huge buried treasures of the Jewish people from the 2nd temple). I thought this was going to be a non-fiction account of its discovery and deciphering, but I had just grabbed it off the church rummage sale table without looking more closely at it. It's fiction (of the Christian fiction genre)and tells a pretty good tale of people racing to find the treas ...more
Evelyn
In 1956, another Dead Sea scroll was found telling of unimaginable wealth buried near Jerusalem, but no one has yet deciphered it. Now, radical Islam has been defeated and Israel is being pressured to rebuild on the Temple of the Mount, but democratic Arab nations are banding together to stop them. Is this the beginning of the end of days?

Sequel to The Ezekiel Option, but doesn't have to be read in order. Frighteningly realistic scenes mirror current Middle East problems. Highly recommend.
Dianna
The Copper Scroll is the fourth book in Joel Rosenberg's series on the events of the last days. I haven't read the first three, but I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was by turns exciting and disturbing. Exciting because it was well written and researched, and disturbing because it is so plausible that it could very well be a possible scenario for the "beginning of the end". I look forward to reading the rest of the books in this series.
Trish
I would recommend this reading for those who are neophytes of the Jewish /Islamic / Christian conflicts and faith, it opens your ryes and heart to the world of faith and the deep rooted struggle between these spiritual postures. I pursued the international espionage and conflict adventure, only to be absorbed by the tantalizing faith! If you like intrigue and good documentary of the archeological aspects of religions, this one is thrilling!
Trisha
Jon Bennett en Erin McCoy staan op het punt te trouwen voor hun vrienden en familie. Hun beste vriend Eli Mordachai trouwt hen. Bennett en McCcy zijn twee voormalige geheime dienstmedewerkers en veel van hun vrienden behoren tot deze groep. Tijdens hun huwelijksdag krijgen de belangrijkste vrienden een telefoontje en ziet men op het nieuws dat er een aanslag is gepleegd op een beroemd hotel.
De Bennetts laten zich er niet van weerhouden om toch op huwelijksreis te gaan. Dit gaat goed, maar al sn
Diane
Well, this is the 4th book in the series...and I still really like them. It's getting much more apocalyptical. (Is that a word?)..this one is aimed at the building of the third Temple. But it's a crazy pace...sort of like the Bourne Conspiracy. No falling asleep reading this one.
Rebekah Joy
I started "The Copper Scroll" right after finishing "The Ezekiel Option" - and read it in 24 hours! I highly recommend this series for those who are eager to see what's just on the horizon of world events...through the lens of Biblical Truth.
Diane
Listened to this on audio CD. Just grabbed it off the shelf at the library. Little did I know the plot is based on an actual scroll found with the Dead Sea Scrolls. The story moves along well. It is the 2nd in a series. Didn't know this was a "Christian" novel, either. I liked that it left the bedroom door closed to us on the honeymoon of the main characters. But there was still plenty of action and mayhem for my husband. It did get a little preachy now and then. But I am curious enough to be in ...more
Tiffany
What an amazingly intriguing book. It involved all emotions. The plot was fast paced and mysterious. Biblical prophecy included in the twists and turns of adventure. Excellent book! I plan to read more of this author.
Mary
This was especially interesting since I have been to Qumran and Jerusalem so it was interesting to visualize the settings in this books. Keep reading to the last book. One of the best series I've ever come across.
Gordon Kuntz
As with his other novels it holds your attention and the suspense is great. The scripture quotes were accurate and well placed throughout the novel.
Jacob Aitken
Standard excellence as in all of Rosenberg's books. My only criticism was that he was a bit free in his use of the deus ex machina.
Joseph Lewis
What can I say, not only did I like it, I stole the "copper scroll" idea for use in The Diaries of Pontius Pilate !
Mark Easter

Saddam is gone, Arafat is dead, and a new Iraq is rising. But when a suicide bomber strikes Washington and assassinations unfold from London to Los Angeles, Jon Bennett and Erin McCoy are drawn back into a world of terror they thought was over. At the heart of the mystery lies a 2,000-year-old scroll describing unimaginable treasures that could lead to the Third Jewish Temple. Some call it history's greatest treasure map. Others call it a road map to Armageddon. But the time to find the truth i

Poiema
With action and intrigue to match "Indiana Jones", this is an end times thriller that will keep you up at night. Rosenberg sprinkles in a bit of archeology, eschatology, and theology to boot. I've never read much in this genre, have avoided the "Left Behind" series in favor of more serious reads. I admit to being glad I gave the Rosenberg books a chance. He has piqued my interest in the Dead Sea Scrolls and I'm picking up a book on the subject this very afternoon at the library.

Also, he floats
Eric
Another audio book. This one is in the vein of the Da Vinci Code, but is interesting on its own. I'll write more when I've finished it.

Well this was just okay and may have been better than I'm remembering at the moment, because the last chapter was where the author unloaded his religious message. Maybe I'm being unfair and he's just trying to share an experience he had, but it really felt over the top. If it wasn't an audio book I probably would have set it down.

Being objective, you could tell h
Brent Soderstrum
Book four of the five book series by Rosenberg dealing with the end of times and our world. You can almost see these events happening now. After the War of Gog and Magog which took place in the Ezekiel Option novel, Jon and Erin begin the search for the Temple treasures which were believed to be hidden by the Jews prior to the destruction of the first Temple by the Babylonians. The Cooper Scroll gives them clues to find the treasures.

I learned a lot about the Dead Sea Scrolls and the finding of
Robert
Rosenberg writes his books with an eerie prescience towards actual events occurring within the maelstrom that is the Middle East. That was an amazing opening sentence for a review and has even placed myself in awe of what can flow out of a person. Although after a few bad burritos that can be amazing as well. Now lets get back to the book at hand. The Middle East is like a spring from which the three major religions (Christianity, Muslim and Jewish) spring forth. And Rosenberg really has his pul ...more
John
Joel Rosenberg postulates an interest framework for finding the Ark of the Covenant and anticipating the building of the third Temple at Jerusalem. He intersperses Scripture offering an evangelical interpretation of prophecy yet to be fulfilled. In his final chapter a jewish friend who has been part of the story almost from the beginning accepts Christ as her Messiah.

For Christians who love fiction this is probably a must read.
Armand
Part 4 of the Last Jihad series, still as tense and exciting as the previous Novels. The story starts after the War of Gog and Magog where a series of executions transpired which was an orchestrated attempt to prevent the discovery of The Copper Scrolls, part of the Dead Sea Scrolls, said to contain location of the Ark of the Covenant and other treasures. Jon Bennet, former adviser to President Macpherson, and Erin Mccoy, former CIA officer and now Mrs. Bennet, are forced into a situation during ...more
Christopher Jamison
I liked this. Rosenberg is writing about unashamedly Christian characters. He makes their faith real and active in their lives, without preaching to the reader about it. I contrast this with the "Left Behind" series: Rosenberg creates characters I actually care about, not one-dimensional caricatures. In reading Left Behind, it felt like the authors were taking advantage of me - writing substandard fiction, counting on me to read it simply because it was Christian-themed.

I have not read Rosenber
Alta Canyon Book ...: Oct. Book 1 3 Nov 13, 2013 10:35AM
  • Thunder of Heaven (The End Series, #2)
  • Lion of Babylon
  • Deception (Ollie Chandler #3)
  • The Great Divide
  • Mission Compromised (Peter Newman, #1)
  • First the Dead
  • The List
  • Monday Night Jihad
  • A Rift in Time (Livingstone Chronicles, #1)
  • The Rook (The Patrick Bowers Files, #2)
  • Second Touch (A. D. Chronicles #2)
  • Silenced: The Wrath of God Descends (Underground Zealot, #2)
Note: This is a different person than the fantasy author, Joel Rosenberg

Joel C. Rosenberg is the founder of The Joshua Fund and the New York Times best-selling author of THE LAST JIHAD (2002), THE LAST DAYS (2003), THE EZEKIEL OPTION (2005), THE COPPER SCROLL (2006), EPICENTER (2006) and DEAD HEAT (2008) with m
More about Joel C. Rosenberg...

The Last Jihad (5 books)
  • The Last Jihad (The Last Jihad, #1)
  • The Last Days (The Last Jihad, #2)
  • The Ezekiel Option (The Last Jihad, #3)
  • Dead Heat (The Last Jihad, #5)
The Last Jihad (The Last Jihad, #1) The Auschwitz Escape Dead Heat (The Last Jihad, #5) The Ezekiel Option (The Last Jihad, #3) The Twelfth Imam (The Twelfth Imam, #1)