Start by marking “Do Princesses Really Kiss Frogs?” as Want to Read:
Do Princesses Really Kiss Frogs?

Do Princesses Really Kiss Frogs? (Princesses)

A young girl goes on a hike with her father. Along the way she asks questions about what it means to be a princess. She discovers it's all about just being yourself.
Published February 1st 2005 by Cooper Square Pub

To ask other readers questions about Do Princesses Really Kiss Frogs?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Do Princesses Really Kiss Frogs?

Dolly
Jan 31, 2011 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, pets, rhyming, 2011
We've been enchanted by the other stories in the Do Princesses... series by Carmela LaVigna Coyle. The illustrations are fun (and this book has a scavenger hunt of items to find at the end of the book) and the rhyming narrative is fun to read aloud. The stories seem to have a bit of repetition, but not overwhelmingly so and our girls really like them. I love that it shows the little girl outside, hiking and enjoying the outdoors, something I'm often trying to get our girls to do!
Felicia Moore
Jan 22, 2016 Felicia Moore rated it really liked it
read it to baby girl :D
Maddie Watson
Nov 12, 2014 Maddie Watson rated it it was ok
"Do Princesses Really Kiss Frogs" by Carmela Lavigna Coyle and illustrated by Mike Gordon was a sweet story of a young girl who loves to pretend that she's a princess and she and her father go on a hike. Along the way she has many questions about how a princess behaves and what she wears and does she really have to kiss a frog?

This story was not what I expected it to be but very sweet all the same. I love that the father was her role model in this story and he answered all of her princess questi
Samantha Bilodeau
I picked this up at a yard sale on a whim, liking the cover and the title seemed like it would be cute. I am so glad that I did! This is a fun story about a little girl who is going for a hike with her dad and she asks him questions, to which he gives thoughtful and very positive answers. It's written in rhyme, and flows in a natural, but fun, way.

The illustrations are wonderful and a bit whimsical, with enough color and detail to keep the interest of even young children.

When I grabbed this, I
Mar 07, 2008 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
My little princess loved to see what another little princess likes to do! Cute pictures and real questions little girls might ask. I can't wait to read other princess books by this author.
Leah
Jul 22, 2008 Leah rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite book of the three. At boards they have a book that has all three of these stories in it and we read it to Shelby everyday.
Shuntia Williams
Apr 08, 2011 Shuntia Williams rated it liked it
Shelves: rhymes, princess
This is a great story to read to little girls who want to be a princess. Also this book is great to read when talking about rhyming words.
Jen Bustin
Nov 23, 2009 Jen Bustin rated it really liked it
Love this book. It's about a dad and daughter on a hike. Pete reads the dad's lines and Ella read the little girls. SO cute!
Annalisa
Apr 19, 2010 Annalisa rated it it was amazing
This is a great book for the little princesses in your life and their daddy. My daughters quote this book often.
Dianna
May 18, 2008 Dianna rated it liked it
This was a cute little Q & A book for a little girl, Elena really liked it- the illustrations are pretty cute too.
Tracy
Jun 09, 2010 Tracy rated it really liked it
Much like Do Princesses really wear hiking boots...about girls who explore the outdoors...LOVED it!
Kim
I like these "Question and Answer" books and it's an excellent Father/Daughter story.
Hollie Hancock
May 24, 2010 Hollie Hancock rated it it was amazing
Every little girl needs to read this book! And most "big girls", too!
Henry and Alice
Feb 28, 2008 Henry and Alice rated it liked it
Enjoyed this one too, but not as much as Do Prinesses Wear Hiking Boots.
Aug 03, 2010 Sarah rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
Reading this every few nights. Very cute Daddy-daughter story.
Kedra
Jan 23, 2008 Kedra rated it really liked it
What a great book for your little princess!
Jocelin
Jan 17, 2011 Jocelin rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Cute little story.
Zoe
Dec 14, 2007 Zoe rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: young reading girls
cute!
Kayla Hepler
Oct 08, 2015 Kayla Hepler rated it really liked it
This story is a great rhyming narrative with a little touch of home for little girls who love their dads. It's a cute story about a little girl who really wonders if princesses really do have to kiss frogs. In the story she is accompanied by her dad which gives it a sweet touch. As the story goes on she asks her dad questions while they are on a hike about princesses. Soon she realizes that she is her dads princess. An adorable story for little girls who love to here about princesses.
Gracie Guagenti
Jul 17, 2014 Gracie Guagenti rated it really liked it
A book about a young girl's hike with her Dad and dog. The rhyming and phrasing pattern in this book make it fun to read. This book is written for young girls exclusively, but a boy might enjoy the illustrations and finding the dog in each picture -since he ends up in crazy places sometimes. An educator might use this book before going on a nature walk with her children. It would be useful to inspire young girls to get into STEM or STEAM activities.
Layla & Rachel
Apr 16, 2013 Layla & Rachel rated it liked it
Shelves: library-books
Another princess book, another review.

Carmela LaVigna Coyle's Do Princesses Really Kiss Frogs? is different than many of the other princess books Rachel and Layla often read. First, the princess is actually just a little girl going on a hike with her dad and her dog. And an inquisitive little fake princess she is too. Question after question comes from this little girl, each followed by an answer from her very patient dad.

Daddy, what do princesses wear on a hike? As long as it's sensible, they w
Felicia
Mar 06, 2015 Felicia rated it it was amazing
A little girl goes on a hike with her father and wants to know what a princess would do on the journey. I like the ending where the author prompts you to find things during a scavenger hunt. My baby loves the illustrations.
Ashlee Urry
Apr 22, 2015 Ashlee Urry rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
Great read for a fun and outgoing little girl! I love how the author makes anything possible,even for a little princess!
Paula
A young girl takes a hike with her father, asking many questions along the way about what princesses do.
Starr Elementary
Apr 23, 2014 Starr Elementary rated it it was amazing
Adorable rhyming picture book with lots of bright colors, a fun story and a scavenger hunt at the end.
Miri
Jul 01, 2016 Miri rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
If you insist on the "every girl is a princess" thing, these books by Carmela LaVigna Coyle are a good way to do it. What do princesses wear on a hike? If it's sensible, they wear what they like. Daddy, do princesses really kiss frogs? They'd much rather kiss their very own dogs.
Heather
Aug 20, 2012 Heather rated it liked it
Shelves: from-library
39 months. - We own Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots which I really like. This particular book seems more awkwardly worded or maybe it just needed a couple more reads. What O liked more than the story were the list of things to find on the last page. We went back and found everything.
Breanne Kanegawa
Oct 25, 2013 Breanne Kanegawa rated it really liked it
I love the artwork in this book. It is bright and colorful. The artwork itself is very unique and eye catching. While she is on a walk with her dad she asks her dad what a princess does in every situation. Every page she asks a different question about a princess.
Stephanie
Nov 25, 2012 Stephanie rated it liked it
Shelves: children-slit-40
This inspiring story is about a girl who goes on a hike with her father and discovers the true meaning if being a princess. I would recommend this book be used to inspire kids to be themselves, because they are made the way they are for a reason.
  • The Jellybeans and the Big Book Bonanza
  • The Fierce Yellow Pumpkin
  • Dog Train: A Wild Ride on the Rock-and-Roll Side [Book and CD]
  • It Hurts When I Poop! a Story for Children Who Are Scared to Use the Potty
  • Where Do Balloons Go?
  • Fritz and the Beautiful Horses
  • Guji Guji
  • Santa Duck
  • Buzz Boy And Fly Guy (Fly Guy, #9)
  • Fancy Nancy and the Late, Late, LATE Night
  • Wiggle
  • The Family Book
  • Seven Spools of Thread: A Kwanzaa Story
  • The Apple-Pip Princess
Carmela LaVigna Coyle's first book, Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots? is enjoyed by little princesses everywhere, and has been succeeded by four other princess books. She writes from her studio in Colorado with a puppy on her lap, and beside a wall of glass "to better see the seasons."

Carmela wrote her first story, "Forget-Me-Not," when she was ten-years-old. She hasn't forgotten it... she just ca
More about Carmela LaVigna Coyle...

Princesses (7 books)
  • Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots?
  • Do Princesses Scrape Their Knees?
  • Do Princesses Count?
  • Do Princesses Have Best Friends Forever?
  • Princesses Rule!
  • Do Princesses Make Happy Campers?