Start by marking “Do Princesses Really Kiss Frogs?” as Want to Read:
Do Princesses Really Kiss Frogs?

Do Princesses Really Kiss Frogs? (Princesses)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  156 ratings  ·  30 reviews
A young girl goes on a hike with her father. Along the way she asks questions about what it means to be a princess. She discovers it's all about just being yourself.
Published February 1st 2005 by Cooper Square Pub

To ask other readers questions about Do Princesses Really Kiss Frogs?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Do Princesses Really Kiss Frogs?

Dolly
Jan 31, 2011 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2011, childrens, pets, rhyming
We've been enchanted by the other stories in the Do Princesses... series by Carmela LaVigna Coyle. The illustrations are fun (and this book has a scavenger hunt of items to find at the end of the book) and the rhyming narrative is fun to read aloud. The stories seem to have a bit of repetition, but not overwhelmingly so and our girls really like them. I love that it shows the little girl outside, hiking and enjoying the outdoors, something I'm often trying to get our girls to do!
Maddie Watson
"Do Princesses Really Kiss Frogs" by Carmela Lavigna Coyle and illustrated by Mike Gordon was a sweet story of a young girl who loves to pretend that she's a princess and she and her father go on a hike. Along the way she has many questions about how a princess behaves and what she wears and does she really have to kiss a frog?

This story was not what I expected it to be but very sweet all the same. I love that the father was her role model in this story and he answered all of her princess questi
My little princess loved to see what another little princess likes to do! Cute pictures and real questions little girls might ask. I can't wait to read other princess books by this author.
Leah
This is my favorite book of the three. At boards they have a book that has all three of these stories in it and we read it to Shelby everyday.
Shuntia Williams
This is a great story to read to little girls who want to be a princess. Also this book is great to read when talking about rhyming words.
Jen Bustin
Love this book. It's about a dad and daughter on a hike. Pete reads the dad's lines and Ella read the little girls. SO cute!
Annalisa
This is a great book for the little princesses in your life and their daddy. My daughters quote this book often.
Dianna
This was a cute little Q & A book for a little girl, Elena really liked it- the illustrations are pretty cute too.
Tracy
Much like Do Princesses really wear hiking boots...about girls who explore the outdoors...LOVED it!
Kim
I like these "Question and Answer" books and it's an excellent Father/Daughter story.
Hollie Hancock
Every little girl needs to read this book! And most "big girls", too!
Henry and Alice
Enjoyed this one too, but not as much as Do Prinesses Wear Hiking Boots.
Reading this every few nights. Very cute Daddy-daughter story.
Kedra
What a great book for your little princess!
Jocelin
Cute little story.
Zoe
Dec 14, 2007 Zoe rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: young reading girls
cute!
Gracie Guagenti
A book about a young girl's hike with her Dad and dog. The rhyming and phrasing pattern in this book make it fun to read. This book is written for young girls exclusively, but a boy might enjoy the illustrations and finding the dog in each picture -since he ends up in crazy places sometimes. An educator might use this book before going on a nature walk with her children. It would be useful to inspire young girls to get into STEM or STEAM activities.
Layla & Rachel
Another princess book, another review.

Carmela LaVigna Coyle's Do Princesses Really Kiss Frogs? is different than many of the other princess books Rachel and Layla often read. First, the princess is actually just a little girl going on a hike with her dad and her dog. And an inquisitive little fake princess she is too. Question after question comes from this little girl, each followed by an answer from her very patient dad.

Daddy, what do princesses wear on a hike? As long as it's sensible, they w
Starr Elementary
Adorable rhyming picture book with lots of bright colors, a fun story and a scavenger hunt at the end.
Miri
If you insist on the "every girl is a princess" thing, these books by Carmela LaVigna Coyle are a good way to do it. What do princesses wear on a hike? If it's sensible, they wear what they like. Daddy, do princesses really kiss frogs? They'd much rather kiss their very own dogs.
Heather
39 months. - We own Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots which I really like. This particular book seems more awkwardly worded or maybe it just needed a couple more reads. What O liked more than the story were the list of things to find on the last page. We went back and found everything.
Breanne Kanegawa
I love the artwork in this book. It is bright and colorful. The artwork itself is very unique and eye catching. While she is on a walk with her dad she asks her dad what a princess does in every situation. Every page she asks a different question about a princess.
Stephanie
This inspiring story is about a girl who goes on a hike with her father and discovers the true meaning if being a princess. I would recommend this book be used to inspire kids to be themselves, because they are made the way they are for a reason.
Kristy
This book includes a picture hunt list at the end for the entire book. It also suggests you make your own scavenger hunt in your yard. It is such a great book for showing caring families supporting dreams...even about princesses!
Robin
So many little girls like dressing as a princess that I think this book is a great variation on that theme. Princesses do wear hiking boots, apparently.
Jan Brooks
Delightful, rhyming, enchanting! And great to talk about ALL the things a princess can do!
Mike Gordon
Got to give it four stars after all the work we did on it!
Cana
Mommy says: A little babyish for a first grader.
Michelle
Mariana really enjoyed this book.
Jenette
Title didn't fit the book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Jellybeans and the Big Book Bonanza
  • The Fierce Yellow Pumpkin
  • The Apple-Pip Princess
  • Dog Train: A Wild Ride on the Rock-and-Roll Side(Book and CD)
  • Guji Guji
  • The Family Book
  • It's Hard to Be Five: Learning How to Work My Control Panel
  • Fritz and the Beautiful Horses
  • Fancy Nancy and the Late, Late, LATE Night
  • He Came with the Couch
  • Buzz Boy And Fly Guy (Fly Guy, #9)
  • The Pout-Pout Fish in the Big-Big Dark
  • Froggy Learns to Swim
  • Santa Duck
  • Herbert's Wormhole
  • Baby Bear's Books
  • Wiggle
  • I'm Not Scared!
Carmela LaVigna Coyle's first book, Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots? is enjoyed by little princesses everywhere, and has been succeeded by four other princess books. She writes from her studio in Colorado with a puppy on her lap, and beside a wall of glass "to better see the seasons."

Carmela wrote her first story, "Forget-Me-Not," when she was eight-years-old. She hasn't forgotten it... she just
More about Carmela LaVigna Coyle...
Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots? Do Princesses Scrape Their Knees? Do Super Heroes Have Teddy Bears? Do Princesses Have Best Friends Forever? The Tumbleweed Came Back