Start by marking “Tertium Organum or the Third Canon of Thought and a Key to the Enigmas of the World.” as Want to Read:

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  262 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Translated from Russian. Introduction by Claude Bragdon. Partial Contents: The Mystery of Time and Space; Shadows and Reality; Occultism and Love; Animated Nature; Voices of the Stones; Mathematics of the Infinite; The Logic of Ecstasy; Mystical Theosophy; Cosmic Consciousness; The New Morality; Birth of the Superman. Originally published in 1920.
Published May 1st 2004 by Kessinger Publishing (first published November 30th 1921)

Be the first to ask a question about Tertium Organum or the Third Canon of Thought and a Key to the Enigmas of the World.

Nick G
A completely mind-blowing dose of non-fiction. Although dated, I cannot find anything more modern online or otherwise that refutes his reasoning. That said, this book involves a lot of reasoning that would be difficult, if not impossible, to support factually. Well grounded though, I can't wait to see how deep he can go...

...finally finished this work. I won't attempt to summarize the depth of what is covered in this book. I will only say that if you are a "thinker", constantly searching for mor
Bruce Michael  Hubbell
Here you will find the mind of the 19th and 20th century philisopher/ Realizers like Ralph Waldo Emerson & Richard Bucke.

Peter D. Ouspensky (March 4, 1878–October 2, 1947), (Pyotr Demianovich Ouspenskii)a Russian philosopher,who invoked euclidean and non-euclidean geometry in his discussions of psychology and higher dimensions of existence. His first book, The Fourth Dimension, appeared in 1909; his second book, Tertium Organum, in 1912; and A New Model of the Universe in 1931. This last wo
Inka
Very hard book to read and comperhend. I am not too sure if I ever understand this book, might finish it in couple of years!
Rich Schiavi
Mar 31, 2010 Rich Schiavi is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
what i wouldn't give to have been a speck of dust in a room where Ouspensky and Gurdjieff were waxing on...
Mojtaba Andalib
this the real book and i will try to find original book over than 700 pages
Bigmakmotorbreath
Russian Theosophy at it's best. Read It>
Sachin Modi
I loved this book. So many beautiful ideas, leaves you in wonder.
Antonio Iannarone
How many times will I allow a Russian Theosophist to break my heart?

I followed his paces so faithfully! He measured his stride so! He spoke to me of his affairs with Kant and with Consciousness.

Ultimately, he believes we are all imperfectly-understanding emanations of the Cosmic Conscious... or of the First Intelligence... call Him what you will.

I still insist that he is the better of Edwin A Abbott (of Flatland acclaim).
Sandeep Saroha
Awesome book. Never knew that the beyond can be deduced from philosophy and logic, and that too in such a beautiful manner. And the application of maths was just wow. Ouspensky used analogies very nicely. This book introduced me in much details to the world of beyond world
Jonathan Bermea
Excellent, Excellent book!

It was the most exciting riveting and analytically challenging book I have ever read.....

I get excited just remembering back when I did read it- even though I did get a headache., I loved it!!!

Jonathan-
Andy
Be very careful with this book. It will take you into a dangerous labyrinth that if you do not take precautions will trap you. He presents a grand problem, The Kantian Problem, but then takes a very wrong road to its resolution.
Moonkey Ocampo
Richard Tod
This book opened my mind like a crowbar opening a locked lid. It took lots of pressure but the sudden snap as my mind finally opened has changed my view of life, the world and the universe.
Shant
Apr 15, 2012 Shant marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Came upon this treasure while reading a short story titled, "My Shoe" by a very witty and insatiable writer William Saroyan. Will provide a review upon completion of it.
Dineshphoebus
I think this is the best book which analysed vedanta philosophy of shankaracharya through pure logic.
Carlos
Una mirada diferente del universo y uno de sus misterios más insondables. El tiempo.
Jeremy
Feb 28, 2009 Jeremy marked it as to-read
I started but have not picked it up in awhile so I will read it later.
Bill Gusky
Helped me think through multidimensional ideas. Otherwise this one's a relic.
Rich
Not as good as in search of the Miraculous, but interesting
Mila
The book is for those who is in in search for yourself
Brenda Langille
Brenda Langille is currently reading it
Feb 28, 2015
Pavankumar Pipada
Pavankumar Pipada marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Jesse
Jesse added it
Feb 22, 2015
Miyuki
Miyuki marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Alexa
Alexa marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
David
David marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Kimmy Diamant
Kimmy Diamant marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
J. Schmidt
J. Schmidt marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
  • Zen & the Beat Way
  • The Voice of the Silence: Being Extracts from The Book of the Golden Precepts
  • Psychosynthesis: A Manual of Principles and Techniques
  • The Future of the Body
  • Principia Ethica (Philosophical Classics)
  • Mysticism and Logic and Other Essays
  • The Natural History of Religion
In Search of the Miraculous: Fragments of an Unknown Teaching The Fourth Way The Psychology of Man's Possible Evolution Strange Life of Ivan Osokin A New Model of the Universe