Start by marking “I'm A Superhero” as Want to Read:
I'm A Superhero

I'm A Superhero

Written by four-year-old Daxton Wilde with the help of his mother while he was undergoing chemotherapy and radiation treatments for a brain tumor, the book places Wilde as the central character, a superhero, fighting "a bad guy named Cancer" with the help of "Captain Chemo."
Published September 13th 2005 by Gibbs Smith

To ask other readers questions about I'm A Superhero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'm A Superhero

Penelope
Jan 01, 2011 Penelope rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Children diagnosed with a brain tumor, or any form of cancer.
Wow. Who knew what amazing power a tiny book like this has to heal?

This book was written by Daxton, who was diagnosed with brain cancer at age 4, and rushed to the hospital. He talks about the procedures and medicines given to him, and rightly calls himself a super hero. He illustrated and wrote the book, making it perfect for children who are/will be going through chemo, radiation, and other things related to cancer.

My son was recently diagnosed with Medulloblastoma--an aggressive brain tumor-
Jolained
May 07, 2016 Jolained rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book for children with Cancer

I bought this for my 7 year old grandson who has Cancer, I'm sure it will help him understand what's happening to him through another child's words. We need to find a cure for childhood cancer, so many children from newborn up to 18 have it..
Kaylynn Johnsen
Jan 05, 2016 Kaylynn Johnsen rated it really liked it
Shelves: kid
Sweet story that will help any child with cancer.
Heather
Jul 19, 2014 Heather rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Heather by: Childlife Mike
This is a great book for parents and children. It talks about cancer treatment in 'Superhero' terms.

Daxton's family made a Christmas tree with the characters from the book. Every Christmas you can see it at PCMC.

We never got to meet Daxton, but we have visited with his family a couple of times. Daxton is one of our SUPERHEROES!

Ruthe recieved a Daxton Superhero Teddybear for Christmas in 2005.
Krystal Broadhead
May 29, 2010 Krystal Broadhead rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anybody that needs to cry and feel at peace
Recommended to Krystal by: nobody did when he did the family sent it to us and i still read it
he was one of my best friends when we were little and not a day goes bye that i don't miss him i always will think about him and how much my life has changed when he died i will always miss him. I read this book when i feel lonley and then i don't feel lonley anymore cause i know that he is with me all the time.
Kay
Oct 16, 2009 Kay rated it it was amazing
This is a great motivational book for children going through cancer, written from a dear friend. Daxton has touched many people even though he passed away in 2001.
Julie Swersey
Julie Swersey rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2015
Tanya Brasch
Tanya Brasch marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Debbie Hill
Debbie Hill rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2014
Sherry Wilde
Sherry Wilde marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2013
Mariam
Mariam marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2013
Tawna Higley
Tawna Higley marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2012
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2012
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2011
Todd
Todd rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2009