Start by marking “Forever Christmas” as Want to Read:
Forever Christmas

Forever Christmas

Kristianna Harrington always dreamed of a Christmas wedding. But after two broken engagements, she's content to forget romance and run her Christmas shop in Jingle Bells, Arkansas. She thinks her biggest fear is making it down the aisle as maid of honor in her best friend's Christmas wedding, with at least one ex-fiancé looking on. But when her beloved Jingle Bells is thre ...more
Published September 1st 2007 by Barbour Books (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Forever Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever Christmas

Nor Doth He Sleep by John M. SimmonsAngels in the Snow by Melody CarlsonBaboushka and the Three Kings by Ruth RobbinsA Simple Christmas Wish by Melody CarlsonThe Bridge by Karen Kingsbury
Christian Christmas
39th out of 120 books — 51 voters
Faking Grace by Tamara LeighThese Boots Weren't Made for Walking by Melody CarlsonThe Book of Jane by Anne DaytonConsider Lily by Anne DaytonForever Christmas by Christine Lynxwiler
Best Contemporary Christian Chick Lit
5th out of 19 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Katie W
Dec 06, 2008 Katie W rated it really liked it
Shelves: holiday
I wasn't too sure about this book when I started it, but I had heard it was cute and clean, so I gave it a go. It really was a cute story! A love triangle with a teeny bit of a mystery; a girl impassioned with her cause; a small town coming together; and a happy ending.
Elvis
Feb 03, 2010 Elvis rated it it was ok
Pretty good for a romance story but kept wishing all the way through that there would be a dead body maybe burried in the snowman or something. That would really have put the town of Jingle Bells on the map.
Donna
Dec 14, 2014 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And Forever in your heart

Growing up in a small Arkansas town named Jingle Bells with the spirit of Christmas always at hand Kristianna was heart broken when the town started going down hill after the distribution center closed down. Money and jobs were scarce. When the town received an offer to purchase the now vacant building and move a new business to the area but only on the condition that the town change its name she felt her world collapsing. Her heart told her that she needed to fight to s
Becky
Nov 25, 2012 Becky rated it it was amazing
Kristianna Harrington took over her Grandmothers shop, "Forever Christmas after she died. Kristianna has known three lost engagements and swears off romance and marriage now. Her best friends wedding is coming up along with a large corporation coming into her town, Jingle
Bells Arkansas to try and bring the economy back. The catch? They are going to change the towns name. Kristianna is now dealing with the title "Run-A-Way Bride" with her friends wedding and with saving her town, her store and o
Olivia
I enjoyed the witty, fun writing of this story. I got many good laughs from it. A perfect book to read for the holidays. I was mainly bothered by Kristina's attitude toward her parents and the name changing of the town. Not as Christian filled as I would have hoped as well. Still a good, clean read.
Jodi Cain
Apr 28, 2015 Jodi Cain rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful book. I would love to live in a town like Jingle Bells. I am just glad Two people who belong together finally figured it themselves.
Bella Doerres
Dec 17, 2014 Bella Doerres rated it it was amazing
Forever Christmas by Christine Lynxwiler

Jingle Bells is a town that focuses on Christmas and when a big business starts to come in and wants to change the name Kristianna Harrington decides it is time to stand up and fight. It isn’t just her Christmas store that will be losing its home it’s her memories and the place that warms her heart. Now she has to convince the town that the town’s name is worth fighting for. What Kristianna didn’t realize was that love was on the agenda and how much is it
Toni
Dec 05, 2012 Toni rated it it was amazing
Fun fun book! I really enjoyed it. It is a light clean read with enough twists to make it so enjoyable. Such a good book for this time of year.I will look for more from this author.
Kristen
Dec 13, 2008 Kristen rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Very cute book. It was a quick and easy read, and clean. Full of romance which of course is a must.

Spoilier:

The proposal was lame, it could have been so much better I think.
Cheryl Ellis
Dec 13, 2014 Cheryl Ellis rated it it was amazing
If you love Christmas, Jingle Bells is the town to live in! This is a great town with lots of interesting people. Kristianna does not want to be a lawyer, (like her parents) date a lawyer, or marry a lawyer. She wants to be like her Gran who ran a store in Jingle Bells. When the town name is threatened, Kristianna puts up a fight, but who is she fighting - the townspeople, the good looking lawyer, or her best friends since child hood?

As the story plays out, you find a great, Christmas love story
Loraine
SUMMARY: Kristianna Harrington always dreamed of a Christmas wedding. But after two broken engagements, she's content to forget romance and run her Christmas shop in Jingle Bells, Arkansas. She thinks her biggest fear is making it down the aisle as maid of honor in her best friend's Christmas wedding, with at least one ex-fiancé looking on. But when her beloved Jingle Bells is threatened, Kristianna struggles to sort through her jumbled feelings concerning the handsome lawyer hired to change the ...more
Claire
Dec 21, 2010 Claire rated it really liked it
This book surprised me. I wasn't expecting much from it. However, I found it to be well written, a great story with fun characters.
The book is about a town in Arkansas named Jingle Bells. Christmas all year long. (I don't know that I could deal with that, but I suppose you would get used to it.)
When some big company comes in and wants to open up and create jobs for the town...they also want to change the name of the town...some like it and some don't.
The book is considered a Christian novel, b
Mom
Dec 15, 2012 Mom rated it really liked it
Kristianna loved being around her grandma. She missed her, and loved the store that she now owned.
Her parents never seemed to want to get to know her or take the time. They were attorneys and had a busy office.
The story kept sending me to different people thinking Garrett was not the one that was doing things for Kristianna. But something in the back of the mind kept me thinkig it was him.
Garrett was a childhood friend who was always there for Kristianna. She had these 2 friends, Ami was the oth
Valerie (Val's Vicinity)
Dec 31, 2012 Valerie (Val's Vicinity) rated it it was amazing
Initially I thought this would be just your average "save-the-town" type of book, so I put off reading it for quite a while. BUT, when I finally did get around to reading it, I discovered that my presumptions couldn't have been more wrong. Forever Christmas is so much more than I expected, and "average" can't even begin to describe this lovely story.

As someone who loves all things Christmas, it didn't take long for me to start rooting for the town of Jingle Bells. I mean, come on, re-naming it t
Beth Cutwright
Jul 27, 2013 Beth Cutwright rated it really liked it
I love to read Christmas stories and truly, I could listen to Christmas music all year round! But hey, that's just me and who I am.
I think I would fit right in with the folks of Jingle Bells, Arkansas.

So reading Christine Lynxwiller's, Forever Christmas, was right up my snowy little alley! The premise of changing the town's name in order to provide jobs for the town's survival was original and interesting. From either side of the ensuing arguments, the reader could empathize with and understand
Alisa
Nov 15, 2012 Alisa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
I thought this was a fun holiday read!

Kristianna is the daughter of two attorneys who want Kristianna to return to law school. Kristianna has no regrets about dropping out of law school and taking over her grandmother's Christmas shop in the town of Jingle Bells -- where you can celebrate Christmas year round. It is the one place where she felt truly loved (by her grandmother) and where her best friends live (Ami and Garrett).

Ami is getting married and is determined to play matchmaker for Krist
Rayni
Jan 07, 2013 Rayni rated it liked it
Recommends it for: cozy Christmas
Recommended to Rayni by: Inspired Reads
I liked the way this book started out: I've had 3 real loves in my life. I married the first one, the winter we turned 10, in a Christmas wedding on top of Snowy Mountain." She continues the narration, "But the sun came out, the snowman preacher melted, and I lost the (pop-top) ring in the slush" Cute beginning.

I was getting a little perturbed at Kristianna, the child bride, by about page 3. She explains her true true love is the town she now lives in, Jingle Bells, Ark. Her father's hometown &
Stacie  M. Ritchie
This is a typical Christian romance in the way of predictability in what will happen in the story. Kristianna has been misunderstood by her parents for her entire life, but in the small town of Jingle Bells, Arkansas she has always felt at home. At the death of her grandmother, she drops out of law school and looks to running her grandmother’s Christmas store, Forever Christmas. Jingle Bells seems to be one of those odd towns that center around a theme which happens to be Christmas. Her town is ...more
Martha
Jun 04, 2015 Martha rated it really liked it
This book was refreshing to read. It told a love story without all of the extraneous sex scenes. You got the small town feel with Jingle Bells, Arkansas, albeit a town in crisis with the closing of a large employer. You even get to experience the tension between Kristianna and her parents.

As the book comes to a close you learn the town's fate and you also find out who Kristianna's secret admirer truly was...not the person she thought. It's definitely a beach read or something you could read on a
Joanne Reinhart
Jan 11, 2015 Joanne Reinhart rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adorable, fun, pure and amazing!

It looked like a quick read but soon became something I didn't want to end. It has everything plus a wonderful Christian feel.....no junk.
There were a few slow spots but nothing annoying.
I would recommend this to anyone who wants to laugh and cry in the first same paragraph. Loved it!
Joy Gerbode
Dec 27, 2014 Joy Gerbode rated it really liked it
Although a simple, light romance, this book was quite good. The characters were fun, the political tension made it interesting to find out what would happen, and the romantic triangle made for a lot of speculation. It wasn't totally clear until the end which man the main character would end up with. I enjoyed this read very much.
Carol Erhardt
Jan 03, 2015 Carol Erhardt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet Romantic Story

Enjoyed the humor woven throughout the story, while building a romance set in the middle of a town in need of saving. Loved the ending but I won't give it away. I did give a happy sigh as I read the last words.
Deloris  Mercer
Dec 22, 2014 Deloris Mercer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic read

What a wonderful book this is. I give it 5 stars but wish I could give it 7. Great characters and the setting is wonderful. A light hearted look at love. Thank you Msn. Lynxwiler. Looking forward to more from this author.
Paula Bothwell
Oct 15, 2015 Paula Bothwell rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
PG -
Violence: no violence,
Language: no swearing,
Sex: no sex, some kissing.
I thought this kind of dragged a bit, but I loved the last 1/3 and how it all fell together. Liked both the H's, liked the h.
Jeanne Mccartney
Dec 27, 2014 Jeanne Mccartney rated it really liked it
A nice Christian Christmas story. Forever Christmas is full of miscommunication and misunderstandings. But it is also a story of forgiveness and redemption. All in all a sweet story for the holidays.
Michelle
A book to keep you guessing how it will end - a memorable town, with even more memorable characters. A cute, light-hearted love story with a twist - does she end up with "right guy."
Claudette
Dec 22, 2014 Claudette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just wanted to say "Loved It" Well written.

Story was sweet with a couple turns in the road. I always wish these stories would go on and on. Enjoyed reading it.
Stephonie
Sep 11, 2014 Stephonie rated it really liked it
This was a cute book. I thought it was going to be pretty predictable, but it surprised me in the end. I enjoyed that it was clean and I loved the description of the quirky little town.
Christine
Mar 06, 2016 Christine rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It seems like someone wrote this book based on my emotions, and my life. I can relate to pretty much in this book. I ended up crying my eyes out.
Timothy J. Manzolillo
Enjoyable

Light easy read nice to read at Christmas time. A bit corny...but so what? Recommend for romance novel lovers. Felix navidad!
  • All I Have to Give: A Christmas Love Story
  • The Secret Christmas Ciphers
  • Blue Christmas (Moody Blue, #1)
  • Blame It On The Mistletoe (Bright's Pond #4)
  • One Imperfect Christmas
  • Christmas Roses
  • A Marriage Carol
  • Enchanted (Merry Nicholas, #2)
  • Christmas in Magnolia Cove (New Beginnings, #5)
  • Remembering Christmas
  • Advent
  • One Snowy Night Before Christmas
  • The Happiest Season
  • Merry's Christmas: a love story (Redeeming Romance Series)
  • Finding Christmas: Stories of Startling Joy and Perfect Peace
  • Emilie's Christmas Love
  • Be Mine For Christmas
  • Jingle This!
Award-winning author and past president of American Christian Romance Writers, Christine Lynxwiler has numerous novels and novellas published with Barbour Publishing. She and her husband, Kevin, along with their two daughters, four horses, and two dogs live in the foothills of the beautiful Ozark Mountains in their home state of Arkansas."
More about Christine Lynxwiler...

“when someone apologizes, you have to forgive them.” 0 likes