Start by marking “New Junior Cookbook (Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen)” as Want to Read:
New Junior Cookbook (Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen)

New Junior Cookbook (Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  167 ratings  ·  21 reviews
More than 65 all-new recipes are age-appropriate, kid-tested and kid-tasted.Every recipe has a full-color fun illustration and recipe photo.Recipes use short ingredient lists and easy step-by-step instructions.Written and designed to appeal to 8- to 12-year-old children who are just beginning to cook on their own, as well as those who have some cooking experience.Cooking B ...more
Spiral-bound, 128 pages
Published October 18th 2004 by Better Homes and Gardens (first published 1955)

To ask other readers questions about New Junior Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New Junior Cookbook

Janice
This is a fun cookbook to have in the house. The kids love that they hve their own, and they love the way it is set up. It is nice to have recipes that they not only love the way they taste, but that they get to help make it as well. A big hit at our house.
Allison
This is a great cookbook for kids.
Kristen
My kids are cooking dinner this summer and this is the first cook book that we are using. We went through it and chose 9 recipes that looked and sounded good. So far they are. When we finish with this book, we will chose another.

I do happen to own this one, but have decided that I won't buy any more. Kids cookbooks just aren't justifiable price wise or storage space wise in my opinion. We will check out the rest from the library. (And keep them far from the cooking area.)
Suzlizjohnson
A gift from my Grandmother Johnson. I learned a lot from this book and even then...realized that there was a bit too much sweet stuff in the book. It was fun though with things for kids...and brilliant pictures and directions. My favourite was cottage cheese with a pinapple ring and a banana sticking out of the centre. I made family dinner of tuna and pea casserole with cheese instead of potato chips on top... I have given the book to my grandaughter Kimberly Keogh of Sydney, NSW
Lisa
Because we have a long line of family who are chefs, two of my children are following in family footsteps. This was a great way to start them in their cooking. I have used it with my kids when they were littler, and we have sevral family and friends who have borrowed it and used it with their little ones too. It will be handed down and used with my future grandchildren, and other family as more are born.
Joanna
Apr 04, 2008 Joanna rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Joanna by: Grandma
Shelves: food
This is an awesome cookbook--it was my first (I got it when I was three years old). The recipes, which cover everything from appetizers to desserts, are simple and fun, and not always incredible, but definitely satisfying. I think the most-used recipe in this book has been snickerdoodles.
Becky
I had a version of this as a kid. It has some very odd recipes, but some good ones as well. The homemade eggnog, while it is not at all the holiday treat you would expect, is a great high protein breakfast. And by "great" I mean that it is probably an acquired taste.
Robbie Bashore
Probably the best of the cookbooks I chose to channel my daughter's current interest in cooking. A good variety of recipes, including new things and familiar dishes. Enough there for beginners of a young age.
Ashley
We've made a few things from here and they are simple, fun ways to get the boys involved with cooking. And my boys love the pictures and crack up with the names of the dishes.
Laura Tabrizipour
I always think that it is fun to cook in the classroom and most students really enjoy this. This is a great book to use to teach children measurements and instructions.
Vivian
Easy starter recipes for kids to enjoy! We've tried a few here and my daughter enjoys having this cookbook in her collection.
Netta
I used it in early marriage years (it was a joke gift from friends), and now my kids use sometimes!
Simple, easy-to-follow recipes for stereotypical kid cuisine (pancakes, pizza, spaghetti, etc.)
I have my Mom's original copy. Always loved reading this and trying the recipes as a child.
Jackie
The recipes are good but the obnoxious full-page illustrations are seizure-inducing.
Helen Bowling
hey is like to cook like a pro read this .it contains food like a popcorn cake!
Mary Wescott
This was the first cookbook my mom got me. LOVED IT!!!!
OMG your here early!
it has alot of kool recipes :D i give it 5 stars
Linda
my kids really enjoyed the recipes in this book.
Randie
Fun recipes for kids.
Cws
J641.5Bet
Venus Abozed
Venus Abozed marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Betty Crocker's New Cookbook
  • America's Most Wanted Recipes: Delicious Recipes from Your Family's Favorite Restaurants
  • The Compleat I Hate to Cook Book
  • Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Recipes for Two
  • Cat's Quizzer (Dr.Seuss Classic Collection)
  • Eat This, Not That!: Restaurant Survival Guide
  • Best Recipes from the Backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans, and Jars
  • Dinners Made Easy
  • The Healthy College Cookbook
  • The Norton Anthology of Children's Literature: The Traditions in English
  • The Foxfire Book of Appalachian Cookery
  • Kat Kong
  • Cats' Letters to Santa
  • The Little House Cookbook: Frontier Foods from Laura Ingalls Wilder's Classic Stories
  • Titanic: Legacy of the World's Greatest Ocean Liner
  • Paris: The Collected Traveler
  • The Everything Soup, Stew, and Chili Cookbook
  • Wreck the Halls: Cake Wrecks Gets "Festive"