All I Want for Christmas is You (Fate with a Helping Hand, #1)

All I Want for Christmas is You (Fate with a Helping Hand #1)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  2,752 ratings  ·  309 reviews
Lauren Alexander has done nothing but struggle ever since her daughter Kristen was born. Abandoned by Kristen's father, forsaken by her whole family, Christmas is anything but the season of joy for her.

But a trip to the local shopping mall changes all that, for the Santa Claus Kristen begs for a daddy turns out to be gorgeous hunk Kyle Preston. With his own tortured past,

Published December 28th 2000 by Domhan Books (first published August 1999)

Michi
So the main female (already forgot her name) has no personality outside having fits of idiotic bravado and love for her daughter. That's it. She spends half the book dwelling on her one foolish mistake that led to her daughter, so of course, she is still pure and innocent and fit to be our protagonist, upon which we all shall project ourselves for the coming book.

Our hero, whose name is also forgotten, has had past liaisons, fortunately so he is experienced enough to give pleasure to our heroine...more
Marran
Oh God no don't read this book There is a lot of spoilers going here because I can't be bothered to hide these..

...The female heroine uh..well heroine isn't really a word I would choose to describe her to be honest..she has no personality...other then a stubborn idea that she can't be involved because of her daughter....she still feels guilty because she almost gave her up for adoption when she was first born seven years ago...she was 18 at the time....You did catch the fact ALMOST so no she did...more
Cristina
I read it because good reviews - I wonder if everybody is just so nostalgic over the Christmas theme or are people really satisfied with so little nowadays?!
I would give it 1.5 stars if I could - I cannot say I did not like it - it was waste of time. Just a sweet little novella: modern Cinderella with a child saved by a "from rags to riches" prince, but even Cinderella tale had more substance to it. This book has no plot, no depth of characters. 25% of the 160 page book contain excerpts of her o...more
Shanna
I have to say that I love Christmas, so I think any book with a Christmas theme, would get a good rating from me. I liked the characters in this one. While I understod the the plotline, I also want to say that this was super fast, but very cute, and comforting. I think anyone who wants to pick up a feel-good story for the holiday season would enjoy this one. There one thing that I have to comment on is the fact that this book is a bit dated, but the overall story was really sweet, great to curl...more
Anne OK
Cute, quick and easy Christmas story wherein a little girl asks Santa for a daddy. And wouldn't you know it, Santa is a good-looking single guy who happens to find the little girl's mommy irresistible and wants to make all their Christmas wishes come true. Another cute and fun Christmas book to add to my holiday reading marathon.
Suzanne Williams
Giving this book three stars is generous and is strictly because I liked the characters so much. The idea of a child wanting a parent and conspiring to get one has been done and re-done. This book steps away from that a bit, leaving the child in the story, but past the original letter not using her too much. I think more could have been made of the conflict between the main character, Lauren, and her parents. Loved the character of Kyle. He saved the story for me. But again, I think their relati...more
Aimee
Lauren Alexander has spent the past six years raising her daughter Kristen on her own. Her parents would not support her after she backed out of an adoption for Kristen and decided to keep her. After six years on her own Lauren has built a wall up around herself and has promised herself never to trust a man again.

One night a few weeks before Christmas Kyle Preston is playing Santa at the mall when Kristen sits on his lap and asks for a daddy. Kyle is charmed by Kristen right then and there and...more
Rebecca (everyday reader)
A sweet story of a little girl who asks Santa for a Daddy for Christmas. Her single mother and the guy in the Santa suit fall for each other. Good heart-warming read!!
Dee

Of course there's romance
Everything is too easy
I didn't feel it
Linda Andrews
Single mom Lauren Alexander has struggled the last six years to raise her daughter. She doesn't regret anything about choosing to keep her child except the estrangement from her parents. But her daughter's Christmas wish for a father makes her doubt herself. For most of his life, Kyle Preston distrusted the notions of family and unconditional love. Fortunately, his foster parents never gave up on him. With their help he grew into a man that he hopes makes them proud--a man that believes in givin...more
Amy A
I got this book for free last year on my kindle. Basically it's just a quick romance read. Sometimes you just need to read something that isn't too serious. Plus, I was feeling in the holiday spirit a little.

Lauren is a single mother who learns that her six year old daughter asked Santa to give her a father for Christmas. Little does Lauren know that Kyle (playing the mall Santa Claus) would be happy to fill that role, his only problem now is to convince Lauren he's serious.

One of the things t...more
Autumn Review
All I Want For Christmas Is You was a really sweet holiday tale. It helped get me into the holiday spirit. The characters were likable and I was pulling for a happy ending for this couple.

The whole time I was reading this, I kept thinking that it would make a perfect Lifetime Holiday movie. It really felt like one to me. Lauren is a single mom who works hard to support her daughter. She's estranged from her family and Kristen's, her daughter, father is not in the picture. So, she doesn't have a...more
Beverly
My Thoughts:
I have never read a Lisa Mondello story that I didn't love. She creates strong characters who are easy to invest in. The world she puts those characters in is always well thought out and the plot is clever.
I opened this book planning to love it - but...I got a little worried at the start where a little girl is wanting a daddy for Christmas. Lisa Mondello created the perfect Christmas scenario -
As a single mom, my heart bled for both the mother and the child with the opening scen...more
UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine...

Free! All I Want for Christmas is You (Fate with a Helping Hand #1)

Start stocking up for your holiday reading!!

3.61 Stars with 1,821 ratings

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Conte...

Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/all-...

Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

Santa Claus is going to have a rough season... Lauren Alexander is raising her daughter alone. Abandoned by her family for her decision to keep her daughter Kristen, she has done a pretty good job for the last s...more
Jackie
I love a good holiday story. Every Christmas season I look for some good holiday themed books that really bring out the meaning of the season. This book definitely lives up to my strict criteria. Lisa Mondello has done a wonderful job bringing in the feelings and emotions of the season along with just that of daily living. As most people will agree emotions during this time of the year tend to be more sensitive. That’s why when I find a good Christmas romance I latch on. The romance between Laur...more
Cindi
I have always been such a sucker for a good m/f romance. I have gotten away from them lately. I am so glad that I found this book.

I had every intention of giving it 4 stars and then I got to the ending. Being the total sap that I am, I found my eyes tearing up (that rarely happens) over the way everything came together. Any book that will have me in tears (in a good way) is a good one. And the ending was just perfect. It wasn't too rushed and there was nothing unresolved. Everything played out p...more
Shone
Dec 29, 2011 Shone rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All romance junkies
Recommended to Shone by: no one
Was looking for a quick Christmas read, not only did I find a quick read but a very heart-touching story. Kyle Preston and Lauren had trust issues for various reason. Kyles go back to childhood, Lauren's to a mistake she made as a teenager. Can these two very giving giving adults learn to love and trust again? The secondary characters give the story the right touches. Krissy and Julie speak straight from the heart. A free Kindle book, one of the best. Thanks Lisa and Kindle.
Kai
Oct 22, 2013 Kai rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kai by: Kindle store freebie
It was a good distraction and as Christmas Romances are my not so guilty pleasure, I enjoyed it. But again, the story was short, it could have been fleshed out a bit. I didn't really get a chance to like the characters. They were acquaintances, not my friends by the time I finished the book. Made me feel a bit like being a voyeur. I like that they hung gingerbread cookies on the tree...great tip, almost makes me want to bake.
Penny Watson
All I Want For Christmas Is You by Lisa Mondello

This is a very sweet and romantic holiday story. Kyle is a wonderful hero who longs for a family of his own. Lauren and her daughter Kristen have fallen on hard times, and need a miracle. I adore stories that focus on family as a holiday theme, and this book fits the bill. This is a traditional holiday tale.

Grade: A-/B+
Yvonne
This was a very sweet Christmas love story that could only be told in "Romancelandia" as my friends like to say. LOL
The Hero is perfect, falls in love almost immediately and comes swooping in to save the day and make a little girl's Christmas wish come true.
This is perfect for anyone looking for a quick holiday fairy tale with a little bit of spice (PG). :)

Sarah Carp
I highly recommend this book. It is wonderful romance book that pulls on your heart. The charming innocence of the little girl will have you laughing.
The main character is a single mom Lauren Alexander. She has struggled the last six years to raise her daughter. Her daughter writes a letter to Santa asking for a daddy for her mother.
Loraine
I would have given this book a 3 maybe even a 4 as it had a good storyline. But the author included 2 separate intimate episodes that I felt weren't necessary to the plot and took away from Lauren's emphasis on placing her daughter's needs before her own.
Purvika
All I want for Christmas is you is a very sweet and fast pased story where Kristen wants a daddy for her mommy. A cute romance but there was something missing. Maybe since it was a fast pased thats why I couldn't connect to the characters. Though I liked kyle way better than Lauren. And I feel their should have been more of kyle-kristen bonding after all she was 6 years old and needed a daddy.
As far as the story goes I felt it was kind of clichéd. Girl wants a daddy and ask for one from santa....more
Sue
cute 3.5, easy read...sweet moments and a few heart felt as well. I did see a few moments that could have been explored a bit more....but considering the length it covered a lot of the high points.
Trina Houston-dotson
I'm a sucker for Christmas stories anyway, but I truly loved this story. Sweet, quick, cute. A story I will add to my collection and read again and again.
Christina
So sweet. It moves kinda fast, but it's hearts & unicorns. Could definitely be a movie on Hallmark channel this season. :)
Lisa Synuria
Sappy Christmas love story and I loved every minute of it. I look forward to these story's at Christmas time.
Sherylb
It was ok up until the part with Lauren's parents...totally unrealistic and kind of made me mad!!
Yanette
This was a cute Christmas love story...needed more passion in the bedroom!!! LOL!
Christal Slater
A little short and quick.... But love Christmas and snow ahhhhhhhhhh
  • Mistletoe Mischief (Romancing Wisconsin Series, #1)
  • A Home For Christmas (Angel Ridge, #2)
  • Holiday Kisses
  • Bah, Humbug! (A Christmas Street, #1)
  • Holiday Rush
  • The Christmas Catch (Holiday Brides #1)
  • Angel Be Good
  • Lonely Millionaire
  • Finding Christmas: Stories of Startling Joy and Perfect Peace
  • Unexpected Gifts (Castle Mountain Lodge, #1)
  • All I Want For Christmas
  • Dodge the Bullet
  • One Imperfect Christmas
  • Home for Christmas (The Perfect Gift)
  • A Dixie Christmas
  • Remembering Christmas
  • A Grosvenor Square Christmas
  • Harlequin Holiday Collection: Four Classic Seasonal Novellas
USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR, Lisa Mondello, has held many jobs in her life but
being a published authors is the last job she'll ever have. She's not retiring!
She blames the creation of the personal computer for her leap into writing
novels. Otherwise, she'd still be penning stories with paper and pen. Her first
book, All I Want for Christmas is You won Best First Book in the Golden Quill.
Her bo...more
More about Lisa Mondello...
Her Heart for the Asking (Texas Hearts, #1) Nothing But Trouble The Knight and Maggie's Baby (Fate with a Helping Hand, #3) His Heart for the Trusting (Texas Hearts, #2) The More I See (Texas Hearts, #3)

“Things can get so hectic sometimes that we forget to stop and enjoy life, live a little.” 1 likes