Start by marking “Apples” as Want to Read:

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Provides an introduction to apples, their different parts, and how apples are grown and harvested. Includes recipe for apple pomander.
Library Binding, 24 pages
Published September 1st 1996 by Capstone Press (first published August 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Apples, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Apples

We got a themed box of books from the library about Farms and this was one of the books. We loved this one. Educational and all about apples so the parents will like it, and bright pictures that any child will enjoy. There's also an activity in the back of the book on how to make an Apple Pomander to make your house smell nice. We plan on doing that in the fall as soon as we go apple picking!
This book offers information on apples including; different kinds of apples, where apples grow, harvesting apples, the history of apples, and many other fun and interesting facts about apples. I think this book could be used as an interactive read-aloud and a great start to a lesson/unit on apples in the fall. The words on each page are short and to the point which allows a chance for the younger students to comprehend it and become engaged. There are also real photographs that match the informa ...more
This tells how apples grow, kinds of apples, when to pick apples, the history of apples etc. A fun book teaching about where apples come from. I liked that there was an activity in the back of the book that you could do with your child afterward too.
This book, with Spanish text, shows the growing and harvesting of apples.
Carolyn is currently reading it
Oct 17, 2014
Roz marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Hot Dish Heaven: Classic Casseroles from Midwest Kitchens Cooks Tour of Minnesota Pumpkins Corn Potatoes