Start by marking “Blue Corn And Chocolate (Knopf Cooks American Series)” as Want to Read:
Blue Corn And Chocolate (Knopf Cooks American Series)

Blue Corn And Chocolate (Knopf Cooks American Series)

178 recipes features New World products the way we cook them today. Rozin traces each food as she tells how they were transported to the Old World, integrated there into existing cuisines, and then returned to America. (To be published March '92.)
Published March 31st 1992 by Knopf (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Blue Corn And Chocolate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Corn And Chocolate

Stephanie
Jan 28, 2009 Stephanie rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking
This was an interesting cookbook. I found some interesting recipes in the book that I look forward to trying out, in particular the Roast Chicken with Tortilla Stuffing and Brised Beef with Spices and Chocolate. I almost gave the book three stars, because I didn't feel I found a plentiful amount of recipes I was dying to try...but in fairness to the author/book, my food allergies is part of the reason why more recipes didn't catch my interest. That said though, the author has done a wonderful jo ...more
Dave
May 11, 2009 Dave rated it liked it
very interesting book. It is much more than a cook book. I'm getting so much history about a food from this, that it makes it fun to read. After all, who would read a cook book. Rozin has done a good job researching the basic foods that came from the Americas. Then she tells how each one is currently being used throughout the world, and also providing recipes on how they are being used.
Deanna
Jan 17, 2013 Deanna rated it it was amazing
Think you know the origin of potatoes? Corn? Tomatoes? Chocolate? Capsicum peppers? You might be surprised at the journey familiar foods have taken before being adopted by their 'home' cuisines. Fascinating food history and tasty recipes.
Mary
Jul 09, 2009 Mary rated it it was amazing
Very neat cookbook, with interesting recipies with historical context, and a lot of great tidbits on why we eat some of what we eat.
Ricky Kirk
Ricky Kirk marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Amy Dance
Amy Dance marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Amanda Moore
Amanda Moore marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
ElChinoLatino Cocina
ElChinoLatino Cocina marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Jessie
Jessie added it
Nov 01, 2014
Silver
Silver rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2014
Elizabeth Bolden
Elizabeth Bolden rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2015
Psclose
Psclose rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2013
John
John rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2013
Sofia
Sofia rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2013
Tressa Watkins
Tressa Watkins marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2012
Yinzadi
Yinzadi marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2012
Jason Robeson
Jason Robeson marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2012
Richard
Richard rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2012
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2012
Amanda Krause
Amanda Krause rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2011
Libby
Libby rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2011