Start by marking “The Foster's Market Cookbook” as Want to Read:
The Foster's Market Cookbook

The Foster's Market Cookbook

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  106 ratings  ·  14 reviews
For more than a decade, Foster's Markets have been cooking and baking foods made fresh each day from ingredients picked locally at the peak of flavor. Now Sara Foster shares more than two hundred delicious recipes, providing modern takes on favorite home-style classics.
The Foster's Market Cookbook features old-fashioned ideas about how good food should taste and new-fashi
Published April 30th 2002 by Random House (NY)

To ask other readers questions about The Foster's Market Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Foster's Market Cookbook

Lady Jane
The Foster's Market Cookbook is a reliable, special occasion cookbook, filled with excellent recipes that surely convey a "wow" factor. Recipes are broad-based, to include Southern cuisine, currently popular dishes and traditional comfort fare found in every region--like Turkey Noodle Soup or Mashed Potatoes. What makes Sara Foster's cookbook unique is her masterful, personal twist on even the most ordinary dishes. With The Foster's Market Cookbook, you have access to the intellectual kitchen of ...more
 EmmaLee Pryor
This is my favorite cookbook. Pretty much all the food I make from it is highly complemented, especially the desserts. The breads, soups, sandwiches, and salads are WONDERFUL!!! With the hummus recipe I add another can of garbonzo beans and 3 cloves less garlic. I totally recommend this as a very good cookbook.
Linda
Sara Foster has a wonderful approach to recipes and cooking and conveys this well in her books. She takes traditional Southern dishes to new levels using currently trendy seasonings - a good read and a keeper for the cookbook section of your library!
Sherri
I use this cookbook and Casual Cooking primarily during the summer months when fresh ingredients are available from the Farmer's Market. In July and August, these two cookbooks have a prominent place in my kitchen.
Lisa
A great gift from a cool person (thanks!) who was afraid I'd never be able to make a decent oatmeal cookie due to past disasters.

I still haven't had the nerve to make them on my own yet.
Kate
Apr 25, 2007 Kate rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who don't mind cooking with lots of butter!
Shelves: cookbooks

Pork Tenderloin with Dried Cherries & Rosemary
Garden Vegetable Frittata
Lemon Bars with Blueberries
Lore
There's a great recipe in here for big, indulgent, coffee-shop style scones, and a New York style crumb cake that's made almost entirely out of crumbs.
Blair
I adore this cookbook - everything I've made out of it has been delicious. It's definitely a go-to when you need something wonderful.
Caroline
May 24, 2007 Caroline rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: intermediate cooks
Great southern recipes that aren't too hard, but they do require a lot of ingredients. Lots of good special occasion meals.
Lisa
everything that i have made from this cookboo has been delicious! (except the apple pecan bars) the brownies super awesome!
Marian
May 15, 2009 Marian rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: cook
Very pretty pictures, looks like a lovely market experience. However the recipes were pretty predictable.
Cindy
Wonderful recipes...try the Curry Chicken Salad. Yummy!
Cheryl Schibley
I love this cookbook - good and fresh cooking.
Beka
Not bad, but not inspiring either.
Naomi
Naomi marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
V B.
V B. marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Holly Brown
Holly Brown marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Raven
Raven marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Tori
Tori marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Andrew Weber
Andrew Weber marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the GoodReads database with this name. This author writes cookbooks.
More about Sara Foster...
Fresh Every Day: More Great Recipes from Foster's Market Sara Foster's Southern Kitchen Sara Foster's Casual Cooking: More Fresh Simple Recipes from Foster's Market