Start by marking “The Biggest Loser Cookbook: More Than 125 Healthy, Delicious Recipes Adapted from NBC's Hit Show” as Want to Read:

3.51  ·  Rating Details  ·  536 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Biggest Loser Cookbook Provides More Than 125 Healthy, Delicious Recipes From The Biggest Loser Experts and Cast—As Seen On NBC's Hit Show!

By Chef Devin Alexander and The Biggest Loser Experts and Cast with Karen Kaplan and a Foreword by Bob Harper and Kim Lyons

Building on the groundbreaking success of The Biggest Loser brand, this sequel to last year's best-selling book i
Published October 3rd 2006 by Rodale Books

To ask other readers questions about The Biggest Loser Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Biggest Loser Cookbook

Tisha
Mar 08, 2009 Tisha rated it liked it
The recipes are for 1 serving portions.
Bridget
May 11, 2010 Bridget rated it liked it
I am sure you could lose weight using these recipes. However, this book encourages lots of artificial ingredients, which, in my opinion, is worse for you than the real stuff. We eat a whole foods diet, with the only sweetner coming from honey, stevia, or evaporated cane juice. This did have some good ideas for snacks, and dips. It just wasn't very healthy in my opinion. Plus, the recipes are just adapted versions of what you probably already know. For instance, substitute turkey for ground beef, ...more
Yves
Sep 24, 2010 Yves rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Horrible recipes are more complicated than what you can make on your own with a broiler and some pepper. Plus, while the foot may be low in fat, the salt content is through the roof! Do not buy this book if you want to be healthy! Your money would be better spent on a simple book on nutrition. As for recipes, you really don't need any for salad, rice, and steamed vegetables. For protein, just broil some meat. Good luck!
Peggy
Apr 03, 2011 Peggy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was surprised to come across this book at the library. I enjoyed the book--it has some interesting background stories of some of the contestants from the show and their recipes. I especially liked the section that talks about good nutrition. I was surprised that the recipes incorporate artificial sweeteners, as I do not considerable this a healthy option. There are lots of good ideas though.
Julie
Mar 23, 2009 Julie rated it liked it
I did find some great recipes that can be used to help me and my family eat healither.

I think this is geared toward folks that don't cook a lot or need to eat on the run sometimes. I think folks new to cooking/singles or busy parents will get the most out of this cookbook.

I did find the stories inspiring - the books has lots of past participants from the Biggest Loser tv show.
Chris
Nov 06, 2008 Chris rated it it was ok
Shelves: self-help, cook-books
I was a little disappointed with this book. It has great ideas and weight loss recipes. The recipes are all "for one" so it doesn't help planning meals for a family.

The contestants from the show have put in their favorites--mostly salad. There are also TONS of motivational quotes from the show's contestants.

It's OK, but not great, I guess is what I'm trying to say.
Jan 08, 2009 Sarah rated it liked it
Shelves: diet-nutrition
This is one of the best cookbooks I've ever owned! My friends and I have made several recipes from this cookbook, which contains everything from breakfast to dessert and everything in between. With helpful tips from contestants and trainers, it is a must have for anyone living a healthy lifestyle or wanting to cook more healthful versions of their favorite foods!
Heather
Feb 23, 2013 Heather rated it it was ok
I often feel these tv show books are slapped together quickly to make a quick sale. I think this book is no different. There are a few great ideas in this book, but on the whole, its really a book you could be successful without. There isn't any new information here that you wouldn't know already if you have dieted in your life.
Amy
Feb 24, 2009 Amy rated it really liked it
This book had all kinds of great sounding recipes and a lot of helpful hints and tips for eating right. I can't wait to make some of the dishes for parents and boyfriend!!!

I liked this so much I ordered the original Biggest Loser book to go along with it!
Trissa White
Apr 11, 2011 Trissa White rated it it was amazing
I didn't realize cookbooks were on goodreads. How great! There are many ideas in here that I use over and over. Its the first cookbook that I have used every page of. (not every page tasted good though)
Sara
Jun 25, 2008 Sara rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone looking to eat a little more healthfully
Awesome recipes in this book that are good for you, too. I've made probably 50-60% of the recipes in this cookbook, which is pretty rare for me. And we've liked every one of them!
Amanda
May 07, 2008 Amanda rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: fans of the show
I am not very brave with my cooking so there wasn't much in here that I was interested in. A couple of breakfast recipes maybe. The 4-3-2-1 pyramid is interesting though.
Jennifer Lintz
Jul 22, 2008 Jennifer Lintz rated it it was amazing
This is the BEST cookbook EVER. It doesnt make you "DIET" just shows you how to make awesome meals while keeping calories low!!! Really changes how you cook!!!!
Lizzie
Sep 27, 2008 Lizzie added it
AWESOME recipes!!!!! It seems as though they use a lot of ingredients, but the end result is so worth it! Healthy cooking that won't make you miss the old stuff!
Peter Derk
My favorite recipes from this book:
Creme Brûlée JK (carrots)
Chicken Disappointment
It's Broccoli, Bitch!
Hey Fats, Eat This Salad
You're A Loser And Here's Quinoa
Lisa
Jul 31, 2013 Lisa rated it liked it
I was looking for some healthy lunch ideas, and copied about 3 recipes. A lot of it is health food I already figured out how to make on my own.
Anita
Feb 03, 2011 Anita rated it it was amazing
I made the lemon poppyseed muffins and I really liked them--they were very moist! Also, pita pizzas. Can't wait to try more!
Kristin
Mar 14, 2008 Kristin rated it it was amazing
You know how I love to read cookbooks? Well, this cookbook is amazing and has delicious recipes! My most used cookbook....
Bradley
Nov 06, 2009 Bradley rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks, health
A pretty good cookbook when looking for healthier meals however the recipes are not as good as the family version.
Beth
Feb 09, 2009 Beth rated it liked it
Shelves: food
Good ideas for healthy versions of indulgent food. Wish it had more vegetarian main course options though.
Kristin
Apr 27, 2012 Kristin rated it really liked it
I loved this cookbook and have made many recipes from it. I loved the smoothie recipes too!!
Kristen
Aug 11, 2011 Kristen rated it really liked it
has lots of recipes, I just wish there were more dessert recipes
Wendy
Feb 19, 2011 Wendy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Page one got my son's attention: Boston Cream Pie Peanutbutter Banana Split. And I love all of the Yoplat light dessert yogurts:) We loved the frozen hot chocolate - just like a fudge-cicle. The parmesian popcorn was good. I don't think we'll try the red clam sauce spaghetti again, but it wasn't bad. The Southwest Chicken Pile Up was a hit and my kids are picky. I loved the Barbecue Chicken Pizza even if the kids didn't. And I'm going to try the meatball recipe because the frozen meatballs I got ...more
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Bettyb
Bettyb rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2016
Jennifer Wegis
Jennifer Wegis rated it did not like it
Jun 13, 2016
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Bonita Montgomery
Bonita Montgomery rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2016
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
CHRISTINA
CHRISTINA marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
  • The Biggest Loser: The Weight Loss Program to Transform Your Body, Health, and Life---Adapted from NBC's Hit Show!
  • The Master Your Metabolism Cookbook
  • ABS Diet for Women
  • The Biggest Loser Simple Swaps: 100 Easy Changes to Start Living a Healthier Lifestyle
  • The Eat-Clean Diet: Fast Fat Loss That Lasts Forever!
  • Hungry Girl: 200 Under 200: 200 Recipes Under 200 Calories
  • More Diners, Drive-ins and Dives: A Drop-Top Culinary Cruise Through America's Finest and Funkiest Joints
  • Don't Panic More Dinner's in the Freezer: A Second Helping of Tasty Meals You Can Make Ahead
  • The Healthy College Cookbook
  • Now Eat This!: 150 of America's Favorite Comfort Foods, All Under 350 Calories
  • Cook Yourself Thin Faster: Have Your Cake and Eat It Too with Over 75 New Recipes You Can Make in a Flash!
  • More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow: 200 Brand-New, Budget-Friendly, Slow-Cooker Recipes
  • 500 Low-Carb Recipes: 500 Recipes, from Snacks to Dessert, That the Whole Family Will Love
  • Top Secret Recipes--Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits, & Shakes: Creating Cool Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Drinks
  • Finally Thin!: How I Lost More Than 200 Pounds and Kept Them Off--and How You Can, Too
  • Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook: Lose Weight with 433 Foods You Crave!
  • Down Home with the Neelys: A Southern Family Cookbook
  • The Chew: Food. Life. Fun.