Start by marking “Bumblebees Fly Anyway: Defying the Odds at Work and Home” as Want to Read:
Bumblebees Fly Anyway: Defying the Odds at Work and Home

Bumblebees Fly Anyway: Defying the Odds at Work and Home

Overcoming barriers
Published May 1st 1997 by Kendall/Hunt Publishing Company (first published December 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Bumblebees Fly Anyway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bumblebees Fly Anyway

Debbie Richard
Jun 19, 2014 Debbie Richard rated it really liked it
Ms. Wells overcame many obstacles in her life. I especially like this from page 86 and can relate, "From childhood, I believed that God loved me and was concerned about my life. Over time, I have experienced His power at work in many circumstances. I've learned that His strength is there for me when I am weak. He has assigned value to my life, so who am I to try to convince Him that I am worthless?"
Sandy
Jul 14, 2015 Sandy rated it it was ok
Shelves: memoir
I have mixed feelings about this book. I've heard the author speak & she's a dynamic, enthusiastic, inspirational speaker, but that voice doesn't come through in the writing. Part memoir, part information about leadership skills in the work force, some of the sections feel forced. I preferred the parts about her personal life & her struggle to overcome adversity.
Debbie Gifford
Aug 11, 2011 Debbie Gifford rated it really liked it
Some parts were very sad. My fave parts: "It matters, you know. It matters to me what you do with your life."

"My upbringing was not traditional, my beginnings inauspicious, but a handful of people who loved me communicated to me that my actions have consequences,that my life has value, that what I do impacts more than just myself. That's all it took - a handful of people"

"When had the fire in me begun to cool? I knew the answer: when my paycheck became more important to me than my principles. I
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2016
Ck Knight
Ck Knight rated it it was ok
Oct 11, 2015
Dennis
Dennis rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2015
Jane
Jane added it
Aug 08, 2015
Alibida
Alibida marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2012
Joyce Oliver stahle
Joyce Oliver stahle rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2013
Tami
Tami marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2012
Sandra
Sandra rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2008
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2008
Tamara
Tamara marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2008