Start by marking “Perfect Angel: A Novel of Psychological Suspense” as Want to Read:
Perfect Angel: A Novel of Psychological Suspense

Perfect Angel: A Novel of Psychological Suspense

An electrifying tale of psychological suspense with a brilliantly original twist, in the best tradition of Mary Higgins Clark and Joy Fielding.At Julia Mallet's 35th birthday celebration, a harmless party game goes terribly awry. The next day Julia's neighbor is brutally and senselessly slain -- the first victim of a bloodthirsty psychopath who will kill again and again. A ...more
Published March 1st 1997 by Avon Books

To ask other readers questions about Perfect Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfect Angel

Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
If I could use only one word to describe this book it would be superficial.

There was no real depth to any of the characters. even at the end we know very little about any of them - other than who the Wizard is. There is an attempt at a romantic liaison, which was not successful.

I found it impossible to connect with any of the characters, and I never once got that OMG I can't bear to put this book down feeling. There is very little if any scene setting, no atmosphere.

The plot showed plenty of pro
Yellagirlgc
Jul 07, 2015 Yellagirlgc rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book from the publisher for an honest review.
The Madison 7: Gail, Richard, Julia, Paula, Martin, Marianne & Jared attended college together and had been friends since. Julia has a party and they want her to hypnotize them like she did in college so they could relive there college days. Nobody knew it would unlock a serial killer buried deep in the psych of one of the seven.
Ray is the detective assigned to the investigation. He has his own demons but believes from t
Helen
Dec 24, 2015 Helen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book from the publishers in return for an honest review ... the book was brilliant. Thoroughly enjoyed the twisted turns of the serial killer called the Wizard. Seven people are party to a "hypnotic" event which changes the lives of other people in fatal ways.
The characters are drawn clearly and you feel very involved with them and their human flaws. The plot is taut and engaging .. exactly what a good thriller should be.
Highly recommended, will be looking out for more
JNY
Jun 09, 2016 JNY rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thrillers, mystery
Nederlandse titel: Dodelijk ritueel

De knipperlicht relatie tussen Julia en Ray had totaal geen meerwaarde of diepgang.
Ik vond de schrijfstijl ook niet heel prettig.. Wat misschien ook wel te zien is aan de tijd die het duurde om dit boek uit te lezen. Door de wisselende reviews heb ik toch besloten door te zetten, maar als ik eerlijk ben interesseerde het me allang niet meer wie het nou gedaan had.

Ik raad dit boek niet aan.
Julie O'brien
Feb 09, 2014 Julie O'brien rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
This story kept me on the edge of my seat from the first chapter to the very end! Unlike most mysteries, the ending was superb in that after you find out who the killer is ... the story keeps going and gets even better, adding more depth to the story. I was equally enthralled in the time setting ... phonebooths, CD's - no internet. Brings me back to the greater times in life.
Lashana
Jul 18, 2015 Lashana rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
I could not finish this book simply because of the way it was formatted. It was hard to discern who was talking or who the focus was on. One sentence you will be reading about one character or following one conversation, and the next it was a totally different person/conversation on a totally different topic. This made it difficult to follow the story.
Irene
Jul 16, 2015 Irene rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A grim prologue. A birthday party with a bit of hypnosis, quickly followed by suspicion, fear and murder. It was a bit of a slow starter but then the pace picked up nicely. Emily was a very irritating child to say the least and some of the other characters were annoying too. This was a pretty good thriller on the whole despite feeling a bit dated. Provided by publisher and Netgalley.
Erin
Erin rated it it was ok
Apr 26, 2009
Megan
Megan rated it really liked it
May 09, 2012
Gwendolyn
Gwendolyn rated it it was ok
Jan 23, 2009
Lee
Lee rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2011
Karen
Karen rated it it was ok
Jul 27, 2012
Pepi Hall
Pepi Hall rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2011
Petra
Petra rated it it was ok
Oct 03, 2016
Marcia
Marcia rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2012
John
John rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2007
Lori
Lori rated it liked it
Oct 27, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2013
Manuel Moreira
Manuel Moreira rated it it was ok
Nov 26, 2011
Maggie
Maggie rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2015
Merrie Satran
Merrie Satran rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2013
Scissor Stockings
Scissor Stockings rated it did not like it
Jul 11, 2015
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2013
Scott
Scott rated it it was ok
Oct 17, 2013
Ross Browne
Ross Browne rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2012
Karen Klink
Karen Klink rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2014
Johnmark Sevilla
Johnmark Sevilla rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2013
Julie G
Julie G rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2013
Andrea
Andrea rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Paula
Paula rated it liked it
May 14, 2010
Seth is a writer whose most recent novel, THE SEMPER SONNET, will be published on April 19. He is the author of six earlier novels, including LOSING ISAIAH, which was made into a film starring Halle Berry and Jessica Lange.

Seth lives with his wife, Carole, in New York City. They have two grown children, Maggie and Jack. Seth received a BA in English from the University of Rochester and an MBA in
More about Seth Margolis...