Start by marking “Woodswoman IV: Book Four of the Woodswoman's Adventures” as Want to Read:
Woodswoman IV: Book Four of the Woodswoman's Adventures

Woodswoman IV: Book Four of the Woodswoman's Adventures (Woodswoman)

age are clean, cover has very light edge wear and curves up on edge, inside cover page has flaw markings with a very tiny size hole on edge of page, sign by author, 1st edition, overall in very good condition
Published January 1st 2003 by West of the Wind Pubns

To ask other readers questions about Woodswoman IV, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Woodswoman IV

Marty Hogan
Jul 22, 2011 Marty Hogan rated it it was amazing
The trilogy of "Woodswoman" has gone one step further by allowing the public one more look into Dr. Anne LaBastille's unique wilderness life. One might get the feeling that after dozens of conservationist and environmental oriented books that Dr. LaBastille might tire of letting the public peer into her private life. Fortunately for us, this didn't happen.

"Woodswoman IIII" is more than just another tapestry of stories and events of these last five years. It marks an abrupt change in the life of
Zinta
Jan 13, 2011 Zinta rated it really liked it
And here we are, at the last book in the Woodswoman series, oddly enough numbered IIII rather than IV. Anne LaBastille has carried us, her readers, through nearly four decades of living in the Adirondacks, a decade per book, with this last one covering about half that.

The series begins with LaBastille building a log cabin in Adirondack wilderness shortly after a divorce in her mid 20s. Now, she is a much older woman, however sprite and spunky, still. Her wilderness living is not so wild anymore,
Bunnyhugger1
I think this obituary does a great job in summing up Anne LaBastille's spirit.

I've found her series of books to be addictive. I greatly admire her vibrancy and independence and just dogged persistence. She has been described as the female Thoreau. No doubt she had her contradictions, some of which are mentioned in the article above. For me, it was puzzling after reading about the self-sufficiency of living in her rustic cabin, environmental passions, and d
Sal
Oct 10, 2012 Sal rated it it was amazing
Loved all of her books - she died in 2011, and a friend and myself went up to Twitchell Lake to honor her memory. While she was alive, she called her tiny lake Black Bear Lake to keep nosy readers like me away! After her death, the actual lake was disclosed and it was right near where we were camping that summer, so we just stood at the boat launch and remembered her. Anne LaBastille really helped me learn to love the Adirondacks! Thanks, Anne!
Diane
Apr 09, 2008 Diane rated it really liked it
Shelves: outdoors
I finished this book while on a hiking trip in the Mojave Desert, and it was a great place to read more stories from the Woodswoman. I'm sure she would have appreciated the sun and fresh air, though her beloved German Shepherds wouldn't have fared well.

I've read all four of the Woodwoman books now, and overall, they are a charming collection for anyone who loves the outdoors.
Christine
Jun 06, 2011 Christine rated it really liked it
Shelves: signed
I recently learned that Dr. LaBastille passed away in July 2011. This book is not the charming volume that the first three were, but I value it as part of the series. My copy is signed, too, which makes it all the more valuable to me.

D.
Mar 30, 2016 D. rated it really liked it
A readable good book.

This is just what it says, and continues the story (true) of Anne LaBastille.
Nicole
Jan 03, 2015 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Loved every book in this series. Feeling sad that this is the last. What a remarkable woman and remarkable life.
Christine
Dec 11, 2008 Christine rated it did not like it
This is not like the first 2 books, more a collection of short stories about Anne's Adirondack friends. It has not much new about Anne's life to offer.
I was disappointed.
Nancy Castellow
Nancy Castellow rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2010
Tricia Griffith
Tricia Griffith rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2010
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2016
Leslie
Leslie rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2011
Sandy
Sandy rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2016
Wendy Davis
Wendy Davis rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2012
Cecily D'esopo
Cecily D'esopo rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2014
Laura rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2008
Pat Parkhurst
Pat Parkhurst rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2011
Claire
Claire rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2009
Bruce
Bruce rated it it was ok
May 24, 2012
Joni James
Joni James rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2011
Kelly Schroeter
Kelly Schroeter rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2009
Heather Martin
Heather Martin rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2015
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2012
Lynda Macken
Lynda Macken rated it really liked it
May 03, 2014
Bekky
Bekky rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2012
Debra
Debra rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2010
Diane
Diane rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2014
Trish Levora
Trish Levora rated it liked it
Feb 26, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
  • A Place In The Woods
  • Finding Your Way Without Map or Compass
  • Wormwood Forest: A Natural History of Chernobyl
  • Most Good, Least Harm: A Simple Principle for a Better World and Meaningful Life
  • Walking Home: A Traveler in the Alaskan Wilderness, a Journey into the Human Heart
  • Cows Save the Planet: And Other Improbable Ways of Restoring Soil to Heal the Earth
  • Wild Comfort: The Solace of Nature
  • We Took to the Woods
  • Foundation: Redefine Your Core, Conquer Back Pain, and Move with Confidence
  • Lost in the Wild: Danger and Survival in the North Woods
  • It's the Way You Say It: Becoming Articulate, Well-Spoken, and Clear
  • The Final Frontiersman: Heimo Korth and His Family, Alone in Alaska's Arctic Wilderness
  • Two in the Far North
  • The Private Life of Plants: A Natural History of Plant Behaviour
Anne LaBastille was an American author and ecologist. She was the author of more than a dozen books, including Woodswoman, Beyond Black Bear Lake, Woodswoman III, Woodswoman IIII, Assignment:Wildlife, and Women of the Wilderness. She also wrote more than 150 popular articles and over 25 scientific papers. She received her doctorate degree in Wildlife Ecology from Cornell University in 1969. She al ...more
More about Anne LaBastille...

Woodswoman (4 books)