Start by marking “Trigger Point Therapy for Myofascial Pain: The Practice of Informed Touch” as Want to Read:
Trigger Point Therapy for Myofascial Pain: The Practice of Informed Touch

Trigger Point Therapy for Myofascial Pain: The Practice of Informed Touch

A clinical reference manual for the evaluation and treatment of muscle pain

• Contains detailed illustrations of pain patterns and trigger-point locations

Myofascial pain syndromes are among the fastest growing problems that physicians, osteopaths, acupuncturists, and physical, occupational, and massage therapists encounter in their patients. In Trigger Point Therapy for M
Published August 22nd 2005 by Healing Arts Press

To ask other readers questions about Trigger Point Therapy for Myofascial Pain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trigger Point Therapy for Myofascial Pain

Bob
Mar 18, 2012 Bob rated it liked it
This is the "other" book people get in place of Travel's hefty multi-volume tome on trigger point therapy which apparently costs a million dollars. And, while this books is only a fraction of the cost (app. $20) it lacks in any real detail. Very surface.

Although it does suggest a number of stretches to work out trigger points, but....
kougra_27
Oct 29, 2009 kougra_27 rated it it was amazing
Excellent. Description of common trigger points AND self-help stretches and exercises are given with each trigger point. Also contains diagrams for referred pain from the points, which is very helpful in locating the trigger point your pain is coming from. I would recommend to anyone dealing with chronic pain.
Mary
Feb 08, 2013 Mary rated it really liked it
4 stars. To be fair, I haven't actually read this book cover to cover. It's more of a valuable reference book, something to keep in mind for your own trigger points, or to refer to when you're about to work on a client with a specific problem. Recommended tool for those in the massage therapy profession.
Alyse Cherry
Jul 26, 2013 Alyse Cherry rated it liked it
this is quite simplified. It was given to students I was teaching for Certificate IV in Massage Therapy. It doesn't have anywhere near the detail of Travell & Simons. But can give a brief overview of most muscles.
Finbar
Apr 29, 2007 Finbar rated it it was amazing
Shelves: health
Awesome guide to the use of trigger points. It presents a very helpful description of each muscle group and specific treatment approaches for each muscle. I really like the exercises and hints for self-care.
Elizabeth
I use this book so often and make copies of the stretches and trigger point locations and drawings so much that I gave away my hardback copy and bought a paperback so I could tear it apart and put each page in a binder. Easier copying. I love this book.
Ivan Campos
Nov 25, 2012 Ivan Campos rated it it was amazing
A must read if you suffer from trigger points which teaches you how to relieve pain. If you are unwilling to change your modus operandi (thoughts, stress level, exercise, eating habits, etc), then be prepared to live with trigger points for the rest of your life.
Foxthyme
Nov 29, 2007 Foxthyme rated it it was amazing
Shelves: health
The main way this book differs from Finando's Trigger Point Self-Care Manual is that it also brings in the acupuncture meridians affected with trigger points in certain areas. For those people working in both fields, it's valuable information.
Kristen
Apr 03, 2016 Kristen rated it it was amazing
This is a great, detailed, informative text that I purchased during school. I continue to refer to it in practice.
Books Ring Mah Bell
Oct 01, 2008 Books Ring Mah Bell rated it really liked it
Shelves: work
I am now informed and will begin touching!
(yeah, my priest said that too)

Great reference book for the patient or the professional.
Paris Henry
Jun 24, 2012 Paris Henry rated it really liked it
As a therapist, I find this book to be a wonderful reference. What really won me over were the references for the zones, meridians, points and affected organ systems.
Russ
Russ rated it it was ok
Apr 24, 2016
Khaled Ekrim
Khaled Ekrim rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2016
Catherine
Catherine rated it really liked it
May 17, 2012
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2014
Heather C. Newnam
Heather C. Newnam rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2015
Carlos
Feb 07, 2012 Carlos rated it it was amazing
As a Licensed Massage Therapist I've found this book to be a great reference book!
Tanja Peele
Tanja Peele rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2013
Pat Meath
Pat Meath rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2008
Linda-Arlene Hoxit
Linda-Arlene Hoxit rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2017
Alfred Raccuia
Alfred Raccuia rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2014
Lili
Lili rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2016
cristiane m stoll
cristiane m stoll rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2015
Tikay Hill
Tikay Hill rated it really liked it
May 02, 2011
Carina
Carina rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2014
Amanda.mt
Amanda.mt rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2007
Aileen O'brien
Aileen O'brien rated it really liked it
May 10, 2012
Kristy Patterson
Kristy Patterson rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Daniel
Daniel rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2012
Miso Ears
Miso Ears rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • A Field Guide to Medicinal Plants and Herbs
  • A Tooth from the Tiger's Mouth: How to Treat Your Injuries with Powerful Healing Secrets of the Great Chinese Warrior
  • Identifying and Harvesting Edible and Medicinal Plants
  • Acupressure's Potent Points: A Guide to Self-Care for Common Ailments
  • Forest Gardening: Cultivating an Edible Landscape
  • Biology of Plants
  • A Field Guide to Edible Wild Plants: Eastern and Central North America
  • Trail Guide to the Body: How to locate the body's muscles, bones and more (Third Edition)
  • The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook: Your Self-Treatment Guide for Pain Relief
  • HTML and XHTML Pocket Reference
  • The Original Reiki Handbook of Dr. Mikao Usui: The Traditional Usui Reiki Ryoho Treatment Positions and Numerous Reiki Techniques for Health and Well-Being
  • Edible Forest Gardens, Volume 1: Ecological Vision and Theory for Temperate Climate Permaculture
  • Moments: Pulitzer Prize-Winning Photographs: A Visual Chronicle of Our Time
  • The Treehouse Book
  • The Sacred Tree
  • Your Hands Can Heal You: Pranic Healing Energy Remedies to Boost Vitality and Speed Recovery from Common Health Problems
  • Between Heaven and Earth