Start by marking “Tales of Oliver Pig: Level 2” as Want to Read:
Tales of Oliver Pig: Level 2

Tales of Oliver Pig: Level 2

Five adventures of Oliver Pig with his family. Spanish language edition.
Published September 1st 1983 by Puffin Books

To ask other readers questions about Tales of Oliver Pig, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tales of Oliver Pig

Sarah Sammis
Apr 16, 2008 Sarah Sammis rated it it was amazing
Sean and Harriet love it when I read a story to both of them. Their favorite type of story to share is one about siblings. A recent story that we enjoyed together is Tales of Oliver Pig by Jean Van Leeuwen and illustrated by Arnold Lobel.

Oliver is about five and his sister Amanda is about one. Their closeness in age to Sean and Harriet added to their enjoyment of the book. Oliver has great plans and Amanda wants to do what her big brother is doing but she sometimes gets in the way. Oliver and A
ABC
Aug 03, 2011 ABC rated it liked it
Shelves: younger-kids
This book is really similar as the "Little Bear" series, but I don't think it is quite as charming. There is one part where the Mother Pig cries, and I didn't understand why. Was it because her love for her children made her emotional? Or because Grandmother Pig was leaving?

I think Little Bear was an only child, but Oliver the Pig has a little sister, so this book is good for helping kids get along with siblings.
Randie D. Camp, M.S.
I am a fan of Lobel's illustrations. His pigs are my favorite.

This book is great for children who are just becoming comfortable with reading. There are plenty of sight words but also new vocabulary that will require basic decoding skills.

Oliver Pig likes to squabble with his sister, Amanda, but he can also be very caring towards her. Other children just beginning to read might be able to connect with this sibling bond.

The snowsuit story was hilarious!
Christine
Jun 24, 2013 Christine rated it it was amazing
Charming stories, darling drawings, everyday situations. I love when the mother starts to cry after the kids have taken their hats, mittens, scarves, and boots off while she rushes to don her own winter clothes.
Dulce
Historias pequeñas. Pocas palabras. Oraciones simples. ¡Excelente para los primeros lectores! Con esto conquistarán la habilidad, alcanzarán a terminar sus primeros libros y esa idea de seguridad será un reforzador positivo para continuar.
Betsy
Aug 21, 2012 Betsy rated it really liked it
My kids have discovered Oliver the Pig! I like the older ones illustrated by Lobel better, but my kids enjoy them all.
Amanda
Emma needed help with a few word. However, she was able to read the story smoothly and she seemed to enjoy it. She was able to re-tell the entire bad day chapter.
Amy Murray
Oct 06, 2010 Amy Murray rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010-zoey
I remember reading this book when I was younger--it was one of the first books I could read on my own, probably in the first or second grade. I love it as much now as I did then!
I actually preferred Oliver and his sister, Amanda to Frog and Toad. A bit edgier, Oliver and Amanda are refreshingly flawed. Much, much easier to relate to.
Jake
Feb 19, 2008 Jake added it
Shelves: books-we-own
This is a great bedtime book, because there are 5 small stories in the book. We loved the last one, where Oliver's dad was pretending to not be able to find him as he hid in his room. So silly!
Angela
Apr 02, 2012 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute, well-done series. Oliver is often in social situations similar to those kids face. Good stories.
Philip
Philip rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2011
Neem
Neem rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2010
Rene
Rene rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2014
Ann Michael
Ann Michael rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2008
Lindsay Lee
Lindsay Lee rated it really liked it
May 22, 2009
Yary
Yary rated it it was ok
May 09, 2015
Christina
Christina rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2010
Andrea Flores
Andrea Flores rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2014
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2008
Rachel Slutsky
Rachel Slutsky rated it liked it
Oct 28, 2015
Shannon
Shannon rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2013
Jie Gao
Jie Gao rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2014
Jenna
Jenna rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2012
Esther May
Esther May rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2011
Katie Fitzgerald
Katie Fitzgerald rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2012
A.
A. rated it really liked it
May 11, 2014
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2013
Dianna
Dianna rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2013
J.J.
J.J. rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
When I was growing up in the small town of Rutherford, New Jersey, I was always called a tomboy. That was because I loved riding bikes, climbing trees, and playing baseball with the boys in the neighborhood. When I finally came inside, I had another name: bookworm. I was seldom seen without a book in my hand. In the summertime, I would go to the library and come back with as many books as I could ...more
More about Jean Van Leeuwen...