Start by marking “Tales of Oliver Pig: Level 2” as Want to Read:
Tales of Oliver Pig: Level 2

Tales of Oliver Pig: Level 2

Five adventures of Oliver Pig with his family. Spanish language edition.
Published September 1st 1983 by Puffin Books

To ask other readers questions about Tales of Oliver Pig, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tales of Oliver Pig

Sarah Sammis
Apr 16, 2008 Sarah Sammis rated it it was amazing
Sean and Harriet love it when I read a story to both of them. Their favorite type of story to share is one about siblings. A recent story that we enjoyed together is Tales of Oliver Pig by Jean Van Leeuwen and illustrated by Arnold Lobel.

Oliver is about five and his sister Amanda is about one. Their closeness in age to Sean and Harriet added to their enjoyment of the book. Oliver has great plans and Amanda wants to do what her big brother is doing but she sometimes gets in the way. Oliver and A
Dulce
Historias pequeñas. Pocas palabras. Oraciones simples. ¡Excelente para los primeros lectores! Con esto conquistarán la habilidad, alcanzarán a terminar sus primeros libros y esa idea de seguridad será un reforzador positivo para continuar.
Randie D. Camp, M.S.
I am a fan of Lobel's illustrations. His pigs are my favorite.

This book is great for children who are just becoming comfortable with reading. There are plenty of sight words but also new vocabulary that will require basic decoding skills.

Oliver Pig likes to squabble with his sister, Amanda, but he can also be very caring towards her. Other children just beginning to read might be able to connect with this sibling bond.

The snowsuit story was hilarious!
ABC
Aug 03, 2011 ABC rated it liked it
Shelves: younger-kids
This book is really similar as the "Little Bear" series, but I don't think it is quite as charming. There is one part where the Mother Pig cries, and I didn't understand why. Was it because her love for her children made her emotional? Or because Grandmother Pig was leaving?

I think Little Bear was an only child, but Oliver the Pig has a little sister, so this book is good for helping kids get along with siblings.
Christine
Jun 24, 2013 Christine rated it it was amazing
Charming stories, darling drawings, everyday situations. I love when the mother starts to cry after the kids have taken their hats, mittens, scarves, and boots off while she rushes to don her own winter clothes.
Jake
Feb 19, 2008 Jake added it
Shelves: books-we-own
This is a great bedtime book, because there are 5 small stories in the book. We loved the last one, where Oliver's dad was pretending to not be able to find him as he hid in his room. So silly!
Amy Murray
Oct 06, 2010 Amy Murray rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010-zoey
I remember reading this book when I was younger--it was one of the first books I could read on my own, probably in the first or second grade. I love it as much now as I did then!
Amanda
Emma needed help with a few word. However, she was able to read the story smoothly and she seemed to enjoy it. She was able to re-tell the entire bad day chapter.
I actually preferred Oliver and his sister, Amanda to Frog and Toad. A bit edgier, Oliver and Amanda are refreshingly flawed. Much, much easier to relate to.
Betsy
Aug 21, 2012 Betsy rated it really liked it
My kids have discovered Oliver the Pig! I like the older ones illustrated by Lobel better, but my kids enjoy them all.
Angela
Apr 02, 2012 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute, well-done series. Oliver is often in social situations similar to those kids face. Good stories.
Jen (Feffer)
Dec 09, 2008 Jen (Feffer) rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, before-the-blog
Purchased for my collection.
Trista Debacker
Trista Debacker marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016
J.
J. is currently reading it
Aug 04, 2016
K. Lee
K. Lee marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Kristy
Kristy rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2016
Sarah added it
Jun 01, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2016
Marianne
Marianne rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2016
J4
J4 marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Jesse
Jesse added it
Feb 02, 2016
Georgia Alvarez
Georgia Alvarez rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2016
Amie Williams
Amie Williams marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
When I was growing up in the small town of Rutherford, New Jersey, I was always called a tomboy. That was because I loved riding bikes, climbing trees, and playing baseball with the boys in the neighborhood. When I finally came inside, I had another name: bookworm. I was seldom seen without a book in my hand. In the summertime, I would go to the library and come back with as many books as I could ...more
More about Jean Van Leeuwen...