Start by marking “Di Pulau Seram (Lima Sekawan, #20)” as Want to Read:
Di Pulau Seram (Lima Sekawan, #20)

Di Pulau Seram (Famous Five #20)

3.88  ·  Rating Details ·  5,503 Ratings  ·  68 Reviews
Petualangan KEDUA PULUH mereka yang seru dan mengasyikkan!

Dengan Hutan Bisikan dan Tebing Tangisannya, pulau itu betul-betul seram dan… terlarang. Dan LIMA SEKAWAN tidak sengaja terdampar di pulau itu. Di sana mereka menemukan patung-patung yang sangat berharga. Lalu, Dick menemukan pintu rahasia di dinding sumur. Ketika dibuka, wajah-wajah seram dengan mata berkilat menat
Published 1998 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published January 1st 1960)

To ask other readers questions about Di Pulau Seram, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Di Pulau Seram

Luffy
Dec 17, 2016 Luffy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm being very generous with my rating system here. The book is simply sub-par. No amount of rhetoric will change that. Now I understand why I don't remember reading the 20th Famous Five book. I had perhaps made an attempt, and did not finish the book.

The story is ludicrous beyond belief. Our Five want to go camp in a quaint, crooked looking cottage. The cottage have a world class view of the coastline, the harbor, the island etc. To those not familiar with this series, I think the mention of th
Paul
Mar 29, 2017 Paul rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, here we are; the penultimate Famous Five book. There's not much sign of Enid running out of steam, though. All the essentials are here for the Famous Five drinking game.

You're not familiar with the Famous Five drinking game, you say?

Well, it's a little something I developed with my F5 buddy-reader, Sunshine Seaspray. It goes like this:

The Five make Uncle Quentin angry: DRINK!

The Five eat enough food to put a whole troop of elephants into a diabetic coma: DRINK!

George defies traditional gen
David Sarkies
Sep 27, 2015 David Sarkies rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who love a bit of adventure
Recommended to David by: My Dad
Shelves: adventure
Same Story, Different Island
30 September 2015

Well, I am getting close to reading all of the Enid Blyton books that I intend on reading (I have no interest in Mallory Towers or the Naughtiest School Girl, and since Blyton wrote heaps of books, and I have already read quite a few, I think I will leave it with the Famous Five and Secret Seven) so I am slowly getting there and hopefully once they are out of the way I can then look at reading some other series that I have been itching to read again
Sunshine
Apr 02, 2017 Sunshine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Well I quite liked Wilfred but with our insular five they couldn't possibly just welcome him into the fold.

The cracks are beginning to show...

George is a pillock and would rather put good old Timbo in perilous danger at every turn whilst simultaneously issuing Wilfy boy with a restraining order not to come within a country mile of him.

Anne is showing signs of lust for adventure and may yet hang up her pinny and mother hen award.

Dick decides to not to be mini Julian and strikes out of the shad
Annick
Apr 12, 2012 Annick rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Neja
Dec 08, 2012 Neja rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-childhood
These books (Famous five) are hands down one of my favorite books from my childhood. All those adventures and mystery …and those sandwiches they always packed! aww, just the best! I would love to read one of these again. To bring back those memories..memories of first experiences with reading books.
Prashansa
Dec 06, 2010 Prashansa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What to say now? This was really as exciting as ever. The most interesting part was when the five were on Whispering Island. They way they escaped from that cave through the well was really fascinating. I wish I had such adventures! They found various gold statues and jewels. Well, at last it was mentioned that Whispering island, the cottage on the hill in which the Five lived and Morris who used to tell tales about the island are all real. This was from the side of the author- Enid Blyton. I li ...more
Farseer
Mar 20, 2017 Farseer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jenna Mills
Felt like a rather rushed adventure.
Sikoni
adventure is necessary in life. don't get too comfortable or you'll be on your way to being obsolete
Dani Noviandi
Jan 04, 2015 Dani Noviandi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

#19 & #20 dari Lima Sekawan ciptaan eyang Enid Blyton.

Karang Setan, si # 19. Episode ini memberikan sebuah hiburan baru bagi para pecinta Lima Sekawan, MercuSuar! Yup, di buku yang ini anak-anak membawa para pembacanya berpetualang di sebuah mercusuar sebagai tempat tinggal atau tepatnya tempat anak-anak menghabiskan liburan. Mercusuar ini kepunyaan si Utik, anak dari seorang profesor kawan dari ayah George yang mendadak menginap di Pondok Kirrin. Karena keadaan rumah yang sempit dan gaduh,
Meta Morfillah
Jun 03, 2015 Meta Morfillah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novel-kupunya
Judul: Lima sekawan di pulau seram
Penulis: Enid Blyton
Penerbit: Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Dimensi: 184 hlm, 18 cm, cetakan kelima belas februari 2013
ISBN: 978 979 22 5594 2

Huwoo.. sudah lama sekali sejak saya membaca karya-karya Enid blyton. Terutama serial lima sekawan ini. Mereka adalah salah satu favorit saya. Sayang, sebab banjir koleksi buku saya sejak kecil rusak semua dan tak bersisa karena sebagian hanyut. Betapa antusias saya mendapatkan buku ini dari hadiah lomba di twitter yang diselengga
Kirsti
Nov 19, 2011 Kirsti rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Number 20 in the famous fave series, and another one that isn't set in Kirrin. Here we see the children staying at their parents home for once, although not for long. George and Timmy visit most days, of course, and then they are asked by a kindly old lady their mother knows if they will go and stay in her cottage with Wilfred, a young boy with a gift with animals.

They hear all about Whispering Island, and believe the island is full of undisturbed animals and treasure. Quite by mistake the five
Marie
Jun 11, 2016 Marie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This used to be my favourite Famous Five story when I was little. :)
I probably didn't enjoy it as much reading it as an adult, as I found myself questioning why on earth such and such would happen in the way it did! BUT this is a kids book and I think Enid Blyton just cannot be beaten for allowing children to escape into adventure where they are often granted so much independence, amazing foods, and sometimes whole other worlds to explore! :)
I have the whole series of Famous Five for my childre
Jane Irish Nelson
The four children, along with Timmy the dog, are asked to stay at a cottage on the coast, and help look after a young boy. Wilfred seems to me to be a bit of a cross between the two boys in The Secret Garden: spoiled Colin and animal-loving Dickon; but he really turns up trumps in the end. Parts of the plot are reminiscent of other books by this author — a mysterious island, a secret passage, long lost treasure; but the story is still enjoyable.
John
As with all Famous Five books, this is of the same trusted and successful formula.

I loved these books as a child and I am delighted that my girls loved them as children too.

The stories are adventures of a byegone age, yet still hold the attention of children, around the world...... they have stood the test of time well - and for a great reason.

The stories are plausible, fun, adventurous and contain an excellent mix of young characters... with a little bit of everyone in each of them - something
Lisa
Feb 08, 2015 Lisa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This could also be entitled Five Jump the Shark. It eventually straightened out, but not before a creepy-Pied-Piper-toad-talking boy took over the first half. Also, much more abuse of exclamation points than there generally is, which is saying something.

Also also, for the love of all that is good and holy, stop torturing the poor dog as a plot device.

Rather glad this is the penultimate installment - it's getting weird.
David
I loved the Famous Five books when I was a kid. I don't recall much about them anymore though. This one is set on a cottage overlooking the harbour and an island.

I'd recommend this series for kids who love adventure stories coupled with mystery and detective elements. It's like a younger version of the Hardy Boys or Nancy Drew.
katie
So I was wrong: there is no such thing as a saturation point where the Famous Five is concerned! And this is a fun one. So much drama! Golden beds and guns! A near-death experience for Timmy! Anne raising her voice, and not just once but twice! Crikey moses.
Wayward Child
Aug 30, 2011 Wayward Child rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read this when I was about ten. And, even then, I wondered - is this really a book for kids? I thought is was written for amoebas or some kind of other less intellectual beings. Really, kids are not dumb. Stop underestimating them and start writing more challenging books.
Pearl
Sep 28, 2013 Pearl rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to have a glimpse at what made these books so addictive as a child and my answer is - I don't know! This story set a great mystery, but other than minor skirmishes, the children didn't really get to the bottom of anything. Disappointing book that has more questions than answers.
Ine
Sep 16, 2007 Ine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
pasti loe semua juga baca novel ini kan?...seru..petualangan setiap saat...kadang gw pikir, remaja di luar sana berani2 ya? en selalu beruntung juga, makanya selalu lolos dari bahaya en bisa nyelesain semua misteri....
Gabriel
This was a truly excellent series to read as a 12 year-old boy. They all filled me up with a sense of wonder and expectaction, and I read a few of them several times. Highly recommended.

My version is a translation to Spanish by Editorial Juventud, 11th edition.
nanto
Mar 31, 2008 nanto rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: waktu-ku-kecil, novel
Abis buku ini, Lima Sekawan ke Pulau Ambon atau Pulau Banda yah? :D
Sohaib
Aug 17, 2013 Sohaib rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Atlast my series is complete.... was searching for this last part since 6 years... Well worth the wait... A memorable novel!!
Pranay keyal
This famous five books like other is a adventure with an secret passage.
Every famous five book this book also use the same formula of enid blyton.
Emma Radford
Aug 23, 2016 Emma Radford rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lila Cyclist
finished the fourth of Enid Blyton this two months :)
Sari Suharlan
Aug 21, 2010 Sari Suharlan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dimasa kecil buku ini memantik-mantik alam petualngan yang penuh dengan ilmu pengetahuan dan persahabatan..sungguh memikat
Richa
May 27, 2015 Richa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some bit new, some repetetive.
  • Di Gua Kelelawar (Lima Sekawan)
  • The Third Form at St. Clare's (St. Clare's, #7)
  • Uma Aventura no Teatro
  • The Mystery of the Whispering Mummy (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #3)
  • The Secret of the Crooked Cat (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #13)
(See also her pen name Mary Pollock)

Born in 1897 in South London, Enid Mary Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 1924 marriage to edito
More about Enid Blyton...

Famous Five (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Five on a Treasure Island (Famous Five, #1)
  • Five Go Adventuring Again (Famous Five, #2)
  • Five Run Away Together (Famous Five, #3)
  • Five Go to Smuggler's Top (Famous Five, #4)
  • Five Go Off in a Caravan (Famous Five, #5)
  • Five on Kirrin Island Again (Famous Five, #6)
  • Five Go Off to Camp (Famous Five, #7)
  • Five Get Into Trouble (Famous Five, #8)
  • Five Fall Into Adventure (Famous Five, #9)
  • Five on a Hike Together (Famous Five, #10)

“Nothing like having a bucket of cold water flung over you to make you see things as they really are!” 6 likes