Start by marking “Misteri Tengkorak Bersuara (Alfred Hitchcock & Trio Detektif, #11)” as Want to Read:
Misteri Tengkorak Bersuara (Alfred Hitchcock & Trio Detektif, #11)

Misteri Tengkorak Bersuara (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators #11)

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,026 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
Karya terakhir Robert Arthur dalam seri Trio Detektif. Pada edisi ini, diceritakan mengenai sistem penyadap yang dapat menangkap dan mengirimkan suara. Sayangnya alat tersebut agak terlalu hebat untuk jamannya sehingga menjadi kurang meyakinkan.

***

Trio Detektif membeli sebuah peti kuno seharga 1 dollar di pelelangan barang-barang tak bertuan. Tetapi sebelum mereka membawa
Published 1984 by PT Gramedia (first published 1969)

To ask other readers questions about Misteri Tengkorak Bersuara, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Misteri Tengkorak Bersuara

Joey
Apr 29, 2016 Joey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-library
An easy 5 stars when I first read it at age 12. Thirty plus years later it is probably closer to a 3 star, but that averages out to a 4 star which is what I'll give it. I can remember these books as the most exciting books in the library when I was a kid. I hope my son, when he's old enough to read enjoys them as much as I did.
Mark
Nov 25, 2013 Mark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
2009 review - The last Robert Arthur book, this has a good strong opening and maintains a cracking pace throughout. Staying close to Rocky Beach, the regular cast of characters all have parts to play and there’s a nice, nostalgic atmosphere to the whole thing. Jupiter buys a magician’s trunk at auction and discovers it contains a skull that talks and a letter which seems to lead towards a stash of stolen money. Incorporating mediums, gypsies, hoodlums and houses that move, this is great fun and ...more
Quentin Wallace
Not a bad one, just not one of the best.

This one involves an old trunk, a talking skull, some bad guys, and some stolen money. No teen boys show up this time to help, so the international helper trope was tossed out this time. Overall a decent story, but I have some much nostalgia for this series it would have to be pretty bad for me not to like it.

If you enjoy the series, you'll enjoy this one as well.
Brennen
It is a good book it's about a kid and his friends going to a auction that was selling random trunks that was left at a hotel . That's where it happens a old trunk came up and no one bid on it but then one of the three kids Jupiter or nicked named jup said ill pay a dollar for it so he got it . After that this old lady came up and said she will pay 30$ for it but jup already bought it and said no to the lady. Once he had a better look he saw the engraved name The Great Gulliver.Gulliver friend S ...more
Cynaemon Milliken
Nov 13, 2011 Cynaemon Milliken rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy the Three Investigator series. This one was fun. In the end the boys always discuss the case with Mr. Hitchcook, and the reader discovers how the tricks of the mystery were done. It was clever the way the crook made the skull talk, but I won't tell you....
Diane
Jan 03, 2011 Diane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was fond of mysteries when I was a kid...mostly because my dad has lots of hardy boys and other books like those.
This was definitely one of my favorites.
ahammad Galib
well, it was a kid's book. I knew. but I read this because I had an unknown fascination about this series, I heard lots about this. I think kids will find it really enjoyable.

[SPOILER ALERT]
Anyway while reading this the character PETE really irritated me. Always negative with every idea. And stamp deduction of the letter of Spike Neely and its misleading, identity of Zelda the gypsy, explanation of talking skull's talking trick are certainly capable of making kid's amazed.

p.s: I am not rating t
Laura Verret
When the Three Investigators bought the old trunk at an auction, they had no clue that it would turn into such a hotbed of interest. But almost immediately, offers start coming in – lucrative offers – for the trunk. What is so special about this particular trunk?

The boys soon learn that the trunk belonged to The Great Gulliver, an amateur magician who disappeared a year before. The trunk contains a few of his belongs as well as Socrates, a skull which some claim has the ability to speak.

As the b
e.c.h.a
sinopsis :
"Terjual seharga satu dollar!"
Trio Detektif baru saja membeli sebuah peti kuno seharga satu dollar di pelelangan barang-barang yang dianggap tak bertuan. Tetapi sebelum mereka membawa pulang peti tersebut, seorang wanita tua berambut putih, memakai kacamata berbingkai emas, dan bertopi lebar model kuno, ingin membeli peti kuno itu dari mereka seharga 30 dollar. Itu baru permulaan! Kemudian ada dua orang laki-laki yang berusaha mencuri peti di kediaman Jupe. Maximillian the Mystic - seo
Vincent Ripley
Feb 04, 2013 Vincent Ripley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm always keen to read new books from the past, especially a series of books that have passed me by. In this case I have Darren to thank from the Book Zone Blog for boys. I picked up this recommendation from one of his tweets a few weeks ago. This is a real hidden gem - I always find it interesting to look back and notice the difference. In this case, the time frame in which it was written is before the internet and the rapidly changing digital world.

Book one was published in 1964 and, 43 book
Peter
Aug 15, 2010 Peter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
Another top-notch mystery for boys from Robert Arthur. He had a gift for creating situations that fascinate children; his books gave me endless hours of enjoyment as a boy, and now they're doing the same for my son (and for me again, too; the books are as fun to read aloud as they were to read in the first place!). The Three Investigators books are, in the most complimentary sense of the word, pure brain candy - compulsively readable and re-readable, with a perfect blend of puzzles, drama, excit ...more
chris wood
Skull Skulduggery

Is Socrates Skull supernatural?

The Three Investigators must solve this mystery as well as others after buying a strange magician's trunk leads them on a dangerous quest for lost bank loot. a cryptic note found in the trunk leads the investigators to a fortune teller who gives them a veiled warning. A warning that turns out to be true as a gang trails them out of their detective junkyard headquarters owned by the uncle of head detective Jupiter Jones. The question that Jupiter
Kevin
Jan 22, 2010 Kevin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I've been re-reading the Three Investigators series as bedtime read-aloud books. Most of them are good, at least for kid's serialized pulp novels. What makes them fun is trying to solve the mystery along with the three familiar characters. In this book, though, the characters were not themselves. Pete is simply fearful of everything, and that's all there is to his personality in this book. Bob's strength is supposed to be research, but he doesn't bother to do any. And Jupiter, the inquisitive ne ...more
Neville Ridley-smith
Not much to say. My son enjoyed this enough to read ahead and quickly finish it before I had a chance to read any more of it with him after the second chapter. So I finished on my own. It's a decent story with a satisfyingly twisty plot. Almost enough to give it 4 stars...
Noah
Nov 04, 2011 Noah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read many of the Three Investigators book when I was a kid, so when my sister gave me this one because of the appropriate title and awesome cover art, I decided to give it a read. It turns out it's one I actually read back in the day, though I only remembered just the faintest outline of it. One thing I didn't remember was that the books were actually "introduced" by Alfred Hitchcock and even included him as a character! Surprisingly it was not as dated as I'd imagined it would be, though it's ...more
Mark
Apr 28, 2009 Mark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The last Robert Arthur book, this has a good strong opening and maintains a cracking pace throughout. Staying close to Rocky Beach, the regular cast of characters all have parts to play and there’s a nice, nostalgic atmosphere to the whole thing. Jupiter buys a magician’s trunk at auction and discovers it contains a skull that talks and a letter which seems to lead towards a stash of stolen money. Incorporating mediums, gypsies, hoodlums and houses that move, this is great fun and a fitting swan ...more
Peter Nielsen
Jan 21, 2016 Peter Nielsen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read these when I was a kid and I remember loving them. I think I'll read them to my kids and in doing so, get a little trip down memory-lane at the same time...
Ottawajax
It was an enjoyable read. The book brought me back to my youth with all the adventures that my friends and I had.
Lav
Mar 06, 2016 Lav rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
This was the first novel that I ever read as a child. Loved it!
Dan Hill
Jul 12, 2016 Dan Hill rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First of these books that I read as a kid. Great stuff.
Frederick Tan
Dec 18, 2015 Frederick Tan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read.
Indah Threez Lestari
927 - 2014
David Hesson
Jun 27, 2016 David Hesson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reliving my childhood :)
Soňa
Feb 18, 2016 Soňa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chýba mi Alfred Hitchcock :)

Príbeh má obvyklý štandard aj spád s dobrým nápadom i dejom.
Eden M
Sep 25, 2013 Eden M rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I decided to read this book because it looked interesting. my favourite character in this book is jupe/ Jupiter because he never gave up and kept thinking of new ideas all the time and from this I learnt to never give and always keep thinking even if it is tough. my favourite quote from this book was "that awful thing! do you know what it just did? IT SAID 'BOO!' 'TO ME'." because it was really funny to read.
on the bingo board it is a book published before 1980.
Muspitta
Oct 07, 2013 Muspitta rated it really liked it
Bisa-bisanya! sumpah gimana gitu pas bacanya:3
aku kira ini bakalan bersangkutan dengan kekuatan gaib dari mesir-mesir gitu, bisa-bisanya mumi itu tau siapa yang dia ajak bicara hell yah!
seperti buku lainnya, buku ini bacaan ringan yang yang gak ringan (?) karena walaupun kita bisa baca sambil nyante buku ini tetep ngeberi kita konflik yang bagus dan yang pasti unpredictable, dari awal sampe akhir
Brian
Aug 26, 2008 Brian rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, childrens
The only one in the series I've read so far. Along the lines of the Hardy Boys novels, but not so tightly constructed, and with some humorously out of place references to "Alfred Hitchcock, the famous motion picture director."
ian tinsley
Jan 21, 2016 ian tinsley rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
Jennifer Daniel
I was thrilled to find this blast from my past at the flea market. I read everyone of the 3 Investigators books as a kid. They were so much cooler and hip than the gay Hardy Boys and don't even get me started on the virginal Nancy Drew and her father complex.
Kolan
May 08, 2012 Kolan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best childhood series I read starting in the fourth grade. The best of the so called "syndicate Books" Reading them now brings back the memories and pleasure I had when reading them as a child.
  • The Mystery of the Shrinking House (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #18)
  • The Secret of the Haunted Mirror (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #21)
  • The Mystery of the Coughing Dragon (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators #14)
  • The Mystery of the Two-Toed Pigeon (The Three Investigators, #37)
Robert Jay Arthur, Jr. was a mystery writer known for The Mysterious Traveler radio series and his Three Investigators series of novels. He is frequently confused with the film producer Robert Arthur, who was nine days older than mystery writer Robert Arthur, Jr.

Robert Arthur, Jr. wrote a number of mystery books, mostly for children, and he also worked on the anthology television series Alfred Hit
More about Robert Arthur...

Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators (1 - 10 of 43 books)
  • The Secret of Terror Castle (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #1)
  • The Mystery of the Stuttering Parrot (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #2)
  • The Mystery of the Whispering Mummy (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #3)
  • The Mystery of the Green Ghost (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #4)
  • The Mystery of the Vanishing Treasure (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #5)
  • The Secret of Skeleton Island (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #6)
  • The Mystery of the Fiery Eye (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #7)
  • The Mystery of the Silver Spider (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #8)
  • The Mystery of the Screaming Clock (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #9)
  • The Mystery of the Moaning Cave (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #10)