Angelfire (Australian, #2)

Angelfire (Australian #2)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  283 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Shocked by the threat of an arranged marriage to an aging magistrate, Bliss Stafford fled through the rugged New Zealand countryside. But chance -- and the barrel of her father's pistol -- wed her to Jamie McKenna, a handsome, headstrong rancher whose bold touch flamed her innocent senses...In his embrace she discovered the wonder of desire, and the passionate man who woul...more
Published June 1st 1991 by Pocket Books (first published 1989)

Wendy
Nov 15, 2009 Wendy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: historical romance lovers
This is the second book in LLM's Australia series. Moonfire being the first.

Jamie McKenna is a man beaten nearly to death by his indenturer, and saved by a woman that becomes a very dear friend. After he leaves Australia for New Zealand, he becomes a rich man with his own property and animals.

Bliss Stafford is a girl on the run from an abusive father and an unwanted fiance'. Spending the night in a barn, she is awakened in the morning by a man who almost spears her with a pitch fork. Intending...more
Barbara ★
Jamie McKenna aggravated the hell out of me. What would it have taken to tell Bliss the truth...about 5 darn minutes! Instead he let her think the worst of him and distress herself to the point of fleeing. Bliss Stanton shows up unexpected and unannounced at Jamie's farm. She doesn't know him and he doesn't know her. She's very fiesty - mainly because she needed the attitude to survive her father's cruel treatment of her. After the life she led, how is she supposed to trust Jamie without questio...more
Tara
A great fun read. Jamie is sexy as all get out and Bliss is a firery lass!
Christel
Apr 28, 2008 Christel rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Linda Lael Miller fans
This is the 2nd bookin the Austrailian series by Ms. Miller. I actually like thisone better than the first one. Bliss is being forced to marry against her will by her father. So she leaves, runs away from home to find herself in Jamie McKenna's barn. But things go bad, Her father finds her and forces her to marry Jaime. Sparks start to fly, with everything in Jaime's past starting to come back and haunt him. Loved the story and the characters.
I'm not usually one to read cheesy romance novels, but I picked this up one day at the grocery store while leaving town on a road trip, desperate for something to read.

To my surprise, I really enjoyed it. A very sweet, romantic little book and I can honestly say I was sad to see it end. A nice, fluffy historical fiction/romance.
JoAnne
Nice continuation of Moonfire. Good character development although Bliss was not always my favorite character. She'd switch between being a bratty child to being a woman at the drop of a hat. Nice closure but hope the series continues with a book 3. Good descriptions of New Zealand and Australia that I felt I was there.
Britney
These books are not appropriate. My mother in law reads them so sometimes when we are staying at her house I get bored and read them. The stories are entertaining but much of the book has to be skipped:)
Dawn
Bliss flees her home and weds Jamie a headstrong rancher who is haunted by his past.
Viathenavy
Ugh. The heroine was so annoying. Jump to conclusions much?
Brittney
Mmmmmm.... Jamie McKennie. Bliss is a lucky woman! :)
Cecelia
Just another reason to love LLM :)
PWRL
Feb 06, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
E
Debbie
Debbie added it
Jul 20, 2014
Khaoula
Khaoula marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Judith
Judith added it
Jul 13, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Monica Johnson
Monica Johnson marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Edwena
Edwena marked it as to-read
Claira Peckham
Claira Peckham marked it as to-read
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Caylee
Caylee added it
Jun 28, 2014
  • Golden Chances:  Romance from the Heart of America
  • Heaven Sent
  • A Convenient Wife (Montana Mavericks: The Historicals)
  • Bold Land, Bold Love (Australian Trilogy, #1)
  • Tall, Dark, and Texan (Whispering Mountain, #3)
  • Frontier Woman (Sisters of the Lone Star, #1)
  • Loving Libby
  • Trilby
  • Hidden Honor
  • Mail-Order Marriages: Rocky Mountain Wedding\Married in Missouri\Her Alaskan Groom (Alaska, #3)
  • The Duke's Captive (Winter Garden #4)
  • Whispers of Heaven
  • A Most Improper Rumor (Whispers of Scandal, #2)
  • Creole Fires (Southern, #1)
  • Once an Angel
  • Blue Moon (The Runaways, #3)
As the daughter of a town marshal, Linda has come home to the western lifestyle that gave birth to one of today’s most successful authors. She left Washington years ago and pursued her wanderlust, living in Arizona and London and traveling the world. Now the author of more than 100 novels, the “First Lady of the West” is glad to be back home, writing contemporary and historical stories that have e...more
More about Linda Lael Miller...
Logan (Montana Creeds, #1) Dylan (Montana Creeds, #2) Tyler (Montana Creeds, #3) McKettrick's Luck (McKettrick Men, #1) (McKettricks, #6) High Country Bride (McKettrick, #1)