Start by marking “Misteri Puri Setan (Alfred Hitchcock & Trio Detektif, #1)” as Want to Read:
Misteri Puri Setan (Alfred Hitchcock & Trio Detektif, #1)

Misteri Puri Setan (Die drei Fragezeichen (Hörspiele) #11)

4.02  ·  Rating Details ·  4,015 Ratings  ·  224 Reviews
Nama Indonesia disinggung pertama kali dalam buku ini lalu muncul kembali dalam cerita ke 19 Misteri Danau Siluman (The Secret of Phantom Lake). Indonesia diceritakan sebagai tempat dimana Jonathan Rex mendapat luka di wajahnya karena berkelahi.

***

Selama lebih dari 20 tahun belum ada seorang pun yang tahan berada di PURI SETAN sepanjang malam. Hantu biru yang bermain orgel
Published 1982 by PT Gramedia (first published 1964)

To ask other readers questions about Misteri Puri Setan, please sign up.

Jeff Stephenson Robert Arthur wrote the book in the 1960s with boys aged 10 to 12 in mind. Readers of that age and older (maybe younger depending on reading ability)…moreRobert Arthur wrote the book in the 1960s with boys aged 10 to 12 in mind. Readers of that age and older (maybe younger depending on reading ability) will certainly still find it enjoyable and exciting. Of course, middle aged men like myself (50+) still find this series enjoyable to read simply because it is one of the book series I used to read when I was 10 to 12 years old! Hope you enjoy it!
(less)
Jeff Stephenson Printed Three Investigators books can be very collectible and often it is difficult to find any copies of any of the titles in new or used bookstores.…morePrinted Three Investigators books can be very collectible and often it is difficult to find any copies of any of the titles in new or used bookstores. However, there are a number of editions of this book out there so the book is relatively easy to find online. There is even a Kindle version apparently released in 2015. Personally, I searched the online auction sites before purchasing my hardcover edition, and a number of copies of the book can be found by searching those sites. The Three Investigators series has also become very popular in Germany and there are a number of German versions of the book on the market as well. Good luck!(less)

Jim Thomsen
Jul 13, 2010 Jim Thomsen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved The Three Investigators Series as a kid, and loved re-reading almost all of the 30-plus books as an adult. "The Secret Of Terror Castle" is a worthy introduction — full of spooky pre-Manson Family atmosphere in the Hollywood Hills, loaded with genuine mystery and populated by humorous but likable characters. Plus, you know ... Alfred Hitchcock himself.

The story: Jupiter Jones and friends Pete Crenshaw and Bob Andrews (their ages are never given, but they seem to be about 14 or 15 years
Peter
Aug 02, 2010 Peter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
The Secret of Terror Castle is just about a perfect book for boys aged 8-15. Robert Arthur is a woefully neglected author of great skill, and some of his finest writing is on display in the Three Investigators series.

This is the first book in the series, and as such it establishes many elements which were continued throughout. We're introduced to Jupiter Jones, Pete Crenshaw, and Bob Andrews, as well as a host of memorable supporting characters. And, of course, we are introduced to the host of t
Efka
Jun 24, 2016 Efka rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
1. Išvažiuoji visam ilgąjam savaitgaliui;
2. Pamiršti pasiimti savo knygas ir skaityklę;
3. Ieškai ko nors - bet ko - paskaityti vietoje;
4. Randi šitą knygą.

Kas belieka. Bet iš tikro nebuvo taip jau blogai. Visai padori, kaip anksčiau rašydavo "vidutiniam ir vyresniam mokykliniam amžiui" skirta knygiūkštė. Nei labai blatna, nei labai išskirtinė, nu bet tokia plius minus "Plėšiko Hocenploco" lygio. Nu ok, gal šiek tiek labiau link minus, nors gal ir Hocenplocui aš tiesiog jaučiu sentimentus. O ir
Quentin Wallace
Aug 06, 2015 Quentin Wallace rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to admit the five star rating is due mainly to the nostalgia of the book, but I just couldn't help myself. In this, the first book of the three investigators series, we are introduced to Jupiter, Pete, and Bob. These are three teenage detectives who form their own agency to investigate various crimes, and through a strange twist Alfred Hitchcock ends up as their mentor. Hitchcock appears in the stories as himself, so there's a bit of a real world feel to them. They have a cool secret hide ...more
Indah Threez Lestari
702 - 2014

Eaaa, Trio Detektif terbitan baru ini tidak lagi di-endorse oleh sutradara Alfred Hitchcock, melainkan Albert Hitfield. Siapa tuuuh? Anggap saja pseudonym-nya ya.

Copyrightnya juga entah kenapa dari edisi Jerman. Tapi sepertinya terjemahannya tetap pakai versi lama karena nama Agus Setiadi, dan Jupiter Jones-nya tidak berubah menjadi Justus Jonas seperti versi Jermannya.

Justus? Mendingan juga Jupe (tidak ada hubungannya dengan penyanyi dangdut tertentu).

Betewe, review versi panjangnya k
Lea
Jan 22, 2017 Lea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eines meiner Leseziele dieses Jahr ist es, alle drei Fragezeichen Bände von vorne bis hinten durchzulesen. Bisher habe ich mich nämlich um die frühen amerikanischen Bände, also die Klassiker, ein wenig gedrückt.

Der erste Band jedoch hat mir viel Spaß gemacht, obwohl ich die Story als Hörspiel inn und auswendig kannte, und ich freue mich auf die nächsten Bände.

Da das Hörbuch des Gespensterschlosses ja nicht als erstes in der Reihe erschien, erfährt man in den Hörbüchern nie, wie die drei Detekt
Gigi
Sep 03, 2016 Gigi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just reread this mystery I loved as a kid. The first Three Investigators mystery holds up well after all these years. In addition to being the great fantasy for kids (e.g. a secret hideout in a junkyard that was much cooler than my own middle school detective agency in a corner of my house), the spooky tone is the perfect level of spine-tingling without being too frightening, and the mystery is a clever one.
Arielle Walker
Apr 27, 2016 Arielle Walker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-so-long-ago
I've been trying to remember what these books actually were for so long, I remember loving them as a child (especially the secret headquarters hidden in a scrapyard). Only found by chance, but it's so nice to know they actually do exist!
Asghar Abbas
Dec 02, 2015 Asghar Abbas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Basically, what got me started on reading. This and Archie comics induced the love/hate relationship I have with wordlings now, a relationship that is strictly not platonic, I assure you.
Throw Hitchcock into the mix, so very cool. Very original way to present a series.
Mark
Apr 10, 2017 Mark rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
2008 review - A sterling, well-written story that sets the series off to a flying start. The characters are well-drawn, the locations ably described and the genuine sense of fear and spookiness, around Terror Castle, is well evoked. The story does feel a bit slight, but that’s only to be expected as the book needs space to set everything up. Well worth a read and the only thing that dates this (it’s 44 years old!) is the fact that a silent film-star plays a major part in it. A cracking book.
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
A wonderful mystery.

The Three Investigators are Bob Andrews, Pete Crenshaw, and Jupiter Jones. They are from Rocky Beach, a few miles from Hollywood.
Bob is their researcher, Pete is tall and strong, so I guess that makes him muscle in the group and Jupiter Jones is the brains. They have their "office" at The Jones Salvage Yard which is run by Jupiter's uncle. It is in an old trailer the uncle forgot.
Jupiter won the use of a Rolls-Royce with chauffeur, for thirty days. They used it for their fir
Leslie
Jun 06, 2009 Leslie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-lit
Not something I would ever, ever pick up of my own inclination, this is a teen age boy detective story (the first of a series) of the 60's that my husband said rocked his little teenage heart back in the day. I have my own son who is a "mini me" version of his dad, so I always get any books Dad remembers reading in his youth. I was getting bored (again) with Adam Bede and treated myself with this bit of Halloween-appropriate fluff. Funny thing, it's not fluff. Teen novel, yes, but not fluff. The ...more
Sinta Nisfuanna
Pertama kali baca Trio Detektif pas masih SMP dan lanjut beberapa judul saja karena keterbatasan koleksi perpustakaan SMP/SMA dengan seri ini. Kalo beli sendiri masih mikir-mikir ... Tapi yang pasti buku ini mengesankan karena saya suka cerita teka-teki. Akhirnya, sekarang coba koleksi dan baca lagi, mulai seri pertama, Misteri Puri Setan.

Awalnya saya tidak terlalu berharap banyak dengan teka-tekinya karena niatnya hanya ingin bernostalgia, tapi ternyata petualangan masuk Puri Setan bisa bikin d
Niki
Jan 01, 2017 Niki rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read almost all of the books in this series, I will slowly add them all to my list. "Slowly" because I don't want to spam anyone by adding them all at once.

These books made my childhood. I really think that they shaped me into what I am today, so I'm very thankful to my local library for carrying these when I, in the tender age of 10, decided to start borrowing books (using my dad's card, no less; of course, he knew I was using it) I have a few favourites in the series, they will get a 5
Jim Robertson
Dec 27, 2015 Jim Robertson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this series as a youth but remembered it being a little scary at times. So I read this before recommending it and giving it to my 9 yr old son for Christmas. It was well written and fast moving action/adventure book - and not too scary for a (or at least my) 9 yr old. Surprised it is not available on kindle since it is relevant today.

I found the book to be excellent for boys from 5th-8th grade (give or take). The protagonists are that age and the book (and series) does an excellent job of
Kristy Drážovská
Poriadna dávka nostalgie :)
Tonk82
En los años 80 había toda una serie de cosas que me gustaban especialmente: el terror, el misterio, las explicaciones racionales, los grupos de investigadores... lo curioso es que realmente los mayores representantes de aquello habían salido en los años 60. Pero en los 80 se relanzó casi todo en Tv y libros: Scooby-Doo, Los cinco, Nancy Drew... Y en mi caso, especialmente, los libros de "Alfred Hitchcock y los tres investigadores".

El autor, Robert Arthur, era un especialista en combinar terror y
Mar 16, 2013 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally published in 1964, “The Secret of Terror Castle” by Robert Arthur is the first installment in The Three Investigators books, a young adult mystery series reminiscent of The Hardy Boys. The trio is comprised of Bob Andrews, a bookish youth who works part-time at the local library and is in charge of records and research for the Three Investigators; Pete Crenshaw, an athletic type who serves as Second Investigator; and Jupiter Jones, the erudite First Investigator. Jupiter is a young te ...more
Ian

The first book in The Three Investigators mystery series.

Originally written in 1964 (the year I was born), which I first read when I was 12 in 1976, and re-read many times since. I just love this series. It was so well crafted by Robert Arthur, that the series continued long after his death, with authors taking up his mantle - to a total of 43 books in the main series, with a further 11 books in the Crimebusters series until 1990.

The series has such a large international fandom, that the German
Janice Nathania
The Three Investigators is one of my favorite children adventure series beside Enid Blyton's The Famous Five.
It's just so hard not to get engage with the characters. The smartass yet your-choice-of-word-is-too-complicated-for-my-comprehension Jupiter 'Jupe' Jones. The athletic but -somehow- coward and pesimistic Peter 'Pete' Crenshaw. The bookworm yet meticulous Robert 'Bob' Andrew.
Together, they were The Three Investigators (At your service, ma'am !).
With three question marks as their symbol, I
Maddyjayne
The secret of terror castle

I decided to read this book because Celia recommend it to me cause I could find a book that would fit a category I had not yet finished.

This book fits into the category: a book with a male main character. I found this category interesting because it was really different from some of the chick flick books I have read.

My favorite quote from this book would be: " I thought you said your legs took orders from you, he called. They do, cried Jupe. I ordered them to run." r
Michael C.
September book review
Michael Cummings

How would you like to have to look for a haunted house worthy enough for a movie? I read THE SECRET OF TERROR CASTLE, by Robert Arthur Jr. It is the first book in the three investigators series. The three investigators are Peter Crenshaw, Jupiter Jones, and Bob Andrews.

Peter Crenshaw, Jupiter Jones, and Bob Andrews are all young detectives. The boys decide this would help promote their business so they go talk to Alfred Hitchcock, the famous movie detector
Hana Bilqisthi
Alhamdulillah akhirnya bisa beli novel ini juga :D
makasih gramedia udah cetak ulang :D
waktu ke gramed, sempet bingung liat covernya karena ada tanda 3 tanda tanya
awalnya Hana kira tanda tanya tuh menunjukkan no seri
kalau seri satu maka tanda tanya nya satu
tapi buku satu sampai empat, semuanya tanda tanyanya tiga
pas baca buku ini baru inget lagi kalau tiga tanda tanya tuh logo trio detektif
Jujur kalau dari ilustrasi jupiter, pete dan bob lebih suka yang edisi lamanya
lebih cakep yang dulu soalnya
t
Scott
Jul 19, 2012 Scott rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children, mystery
This is a reread...

When I was in 7th grade I discovered this series about three kids who hooked up with Alfred Hitchcock, solved mysteries, had a HQ/fort that any 7th grader would kill for.
Loved the series and have read them on and off for 30 years. I'll usually find a copy of one of the books at a flea market or co-op and I'll pick it up and enjoy the time travel back to my 7th grade self.

I stumbled across a radio dramatization of this book that was pretty decent (and free) so I thought I'd go
D.seL
Jul 29, 2011 D.seL rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any young reader
Recommended to D.seL by: Librarian Nebo Elementary ca. 1982
This review pretty much covers the entire series.
Wonderfully written books for young readers (and old alike!) with engaging characters and non-complicated plots. I have read these books over and over again and never get tired of the simplicity of the story telling that they offer.
Fantastics reads that are far more entertaining and appropriate for young readers compared to the vampire garbage that is being shoved down young peoples throats these days.
Highly recommended for readers of any age esp
Tanja
Das ursprüngliche Zuhause dieser Rezension ist der WortWelten-Blog:

Zusammenfassung:

Die drei Freunde Justus Jonas, Peter Shaw und Bob Andrews beschließen, eine Detektei zu gründen. Eine Detektei unter dem Namen "Die drei ???". Und der erste Fall, den sich Justus ausgesucht hat, führt sie zu niemand geringerem als dem berühmten Regisseur Alfred Hitchcock. Der sucht nämlich gerade ein Gespensterschloss für einen seiner Filme. Und genau das wollen die Jungen für Hitch
Jackie "the Librarian"
Mar 19, 2008 Jackie "the Librarian" rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: you're lucky if you can find them
Jupiter Jones and his friends Pete and Bob (I have read these books way too often) have formed a detective agency, with business cards and everything! Jupiter finagles his way in to see Alfred Hitchcock, and talks him into giving him a case to investigate.
The case, the first of the Three Investigators series, involves a haunted castle that was the home of a famous silent movie star modeled after Lon Chaney, I think. The actor was a master of disguise, but he has disappeared and people have repor
Denise Kettering
The Secret of Terror Castle introduced readers to the Three Investigators series. I loved these books as a child and I continue to enjoy rereading them today. While the adventures are primarily geared towards boys, there is certainly enough here that girls might find enjoyable too. The book introduces Jupiter Jones, Bob Andrews, and Pete Crenshaw, three young friends with a shared interest in mysteries. Their career begins when they approach Alfred Hitchcock and offer to help him find a haunted ...more
Andika Pamono
Feb 27, 2009 Andika Pamono rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I never forget this book. It was the first "trio detektif" book I read in the late 70's or early 80's, together with the Enid Blyton's "Famous Five". The story was so amazing that I dreamed to become the member of the gang. While reading, the chilling n thrilling feelin' accompanied me as a teenage boy. Once I knew the ending, nothing I could do except appreciating it with many thumbs. The illustrations in the book were also fascinating. I always remember the one depicting the three investigator ...more
Mark
Apr 01, 2009 Mark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Future Teachers, ...: Jack Review 6 1 1 Nov 23, 2016 05:40PM
What's The Name o...: Boys' mystery series of the 50's-70s. [s] 8 111 Feb 19, 2014 01:29AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: #16 The Secret of Terror Castle 5 2 Feb 18, 2014 05:20PM
  • The Mystery of the Flaming Footprints (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #15)
  • The Mystery of the Coughing Dragon (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators #14)
  • The Mystery of the Shrinking House (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #18)
  • The Mystery of the Rogues' Reunion (The Three Investigators, #40)
Robert Jay Arthur, Jr. was a mystery writer known for The Mysterious Traveler radio series and his Three Investigators series of novels. He is frequently confused with the film producer Robert Arthur, who was nine days older than mystery writer Robert Arthur, Jr.

Robert Arthur, Jr. wrote a number of mystery books, mostly for children, and he also worked on the anthology television series Alfred Hit
More about Robert Arthur...

Die drei Fragezeichen (Hörspiele) (1 - 10 of 192 books)
  • The Mystery of the Stuttering Parrot (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #2)
  • The Secret of Phantom Lake (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #19)
  • The Mystery of the Invisible Dog (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #23)
  • The Secret of the Crooked Cat (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #13)
  • The Mystery of the Fiery Eye (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #7)
  • The Mystery of the Talking Skull (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #11)
  • The Mystery of the Green Ghost (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #4)
  • The Mystery of the Whispering Mummy (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #3)

“Disembodied spirits,” said his partner, “are not known to use telephones. Neither are spooks, phantoms, or werewolves.”

“That was in the old days. Why shouldn’t they change with the times and be modern, too?”
5 likes